Westside Road about 5k N of Lk Okanagan Resort

Fire-related topics
taradactyl

Re: Westside Road about 5k N of Lk Okanagan Resort

Post by taradactyl »

Ok, so my friend Roy has been a water tender for the fire on Westside road since it started. Many of you may not be aware if this, but there is still a full time crew out there putting out hostpots and making sure that it doesn’t’ get out of hand again. There’s a crew from out of town, the Chilcotin Ravens, who worked day and night to put out the fire, who are big UFC fans. Today they phoned Boston Pizza on Dilworth and 97 to reserve seats for 18 for the fight tonight and were told that they couldn’t afford to lose seats to the public by reserving for them. Promotional opportunity aside…e.g. providing an evening of entertainment for the guys who just put out the fires…from an appreciation standpoint, you couldn’t reserve for these guys…c’mon!! *bleep*.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Seriously??
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
ohgeeze
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by ohgeeze »

taradactyl wrote:Ok, so my friend Roy has been a water tender for the fire on Westside road since it started. Many of you may not be aware if this, but there is still a full time crew out there putting out hostpots and making sure that it doesn’t’ get out of hand again. There’s a crew from out of town, the Chilcotin Ravens, who worked day and night to put out the fire, who are big UFC fans. Today they phoned Boston Pizza on Dilworth and 97 to reserve seats for 18 for the fight tonight and were told that they couldn’t afford to lose seats to the public by reserving for them. Promotional opportunity aside…e.g. providing an evening of entertainment for the guys who just put out the fires…from an appreciation standpoint, you couldn’t reserve for these guys…c’mon!! *bleep*.

I hope Boston Pizza reconsidered. Thank you to all the firefighters...if I had a big enough house I would have had them over. Maybe next time they can speak to the 26 year old manager..."rolls eyes"
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

Dont panic if you see some smoke, theres a couple of spots that have sprung back to life with a bit of smoke now, forestry is aware as they said they have had numerous calls about it. Both spots are quite a ways in from the southern edge.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”