Fire Season Weather Thread

Fire-related topics
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Fire Season Weather Thread

Post by Fancy »

As we should have every other year but lightning and people seem to decide otherwise. Doesn't pay to be complacent.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Chance of thunderstorms today + tomorrow and then hot for a few days.

Today Sunny early this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers late this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. Wind becoming west 20 km/h this afternoon. High 32. UV index 7 or high.
Tonight Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 15.

Sun, 9 Aug A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. High 27.
Night Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 12.

Mon, 10 Aug Sunny. High 32.
Night Clear. Low 14.

Tue, 11 Aug Sunny. High 34.
Night Clear. Low 15.

Wed, 12 Aug Sunny. High 35.
Night Clear. Low 16.

Thu, 13 Aug A mix of sun and cloud. High 28.
Night Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 16.

Fri, 14 Aug Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 25.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

What a beautiful day!
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

There was a terrible smell of smoke on the westside this evening. Probably coming from Washington?
VitC
Fledgling

Post by VitC »

Slight smell here in Glenmore. Considering the radar of rain movement to the west it must be coming from down south.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Hot for a few days then a drop in temperature + a chance of rain.

Today Mainly sunny. Wind becoming north 20 km/h near noon. High 32. UV index 7 or high.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Becoming clear this evening. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 14.

Wed, 12 Aug Mainly sunny. Wind becoming north 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 35.
Night Clear. Low 14.

Thu, 13 Aug Sunny. High 35.
Night Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 16.

Fri, 14 Aug Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 25.
Night Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 13.

Sat, 15 Aug Sunny. High 25.
Night Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 12.

Sun, 16 Aug A mix of sun and cloud. High 26.
Night Cloudy periods. Low 12.

Mon, 17 Aug A mix of sun and cloud. High 26.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Quailize wrote:Rain helped a lot.

There hasn't been a drop since you posted this (at least where I'm at), hence the higher danger rating...

dr Aug 10 2015.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Glacier wrote:There hasn't been a drop since you posted this (at least where I'm at), hence the higher danger rating...

I was referring to the northern part of BC. It did rain in the west on August 8th, from princeton to kamloops and it did rain in kelowna during the early morning of August 9th but there's been no rain in the north okanagan.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Quailize wrote:I was referring to the northern part of BC. It did rain in the west on August 8th, from princeton to kamloops and it did rain in kelowna during the early morning of August 9th but there's been no rain in the north okanagan.

It rained in Vernon and the North Okanagan on the 8th and 9th as well, but I've been in the Cariboo since the 7th, and there's been no rain in my time here. Very, very dry. One rancher I was talking to says he hasn't been able to irrigate since early June because the creek where he gets his water is almost dry, hence all his hay fields are brown. He has had low water in August before, but he's never had it so bad so early.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

I only wish I had the Internet and could check the weather forecast!
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Hot today and tomorrow then a 100% chance of rain on Friday and 60% chance on Saturday followed by a stretch of cooler weather as we head towards the later half of summer.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Quailize wrote:Hot today and tomorrow then a 100% chance of rain on Friday and 60% chance on Saturday followed by a stretch of cooler weather as we head towards the later half of summer.

Yes, but a hot spell immediately followed by a cold front and rain most often spells thunder and lightning storms for us. Lets hope not but it usually does.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

pentona wrote:Yes, but a hot spell immediately followed by a cold front and rain most often spells thunder and lightning storms for us. Lets hope not but it usually does.

As long as it rains first it shouldn't be a problem. But you're right, we'll probably see some thunderstorms on Saturday.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

There's some thunderstorms forming in the southwest.
Attachments
Radar.png
mtn living

Post by mtn living »

Been watching Ma Nature for some time now and think she is planning a surprise party. :/
Light show been happening of to the west but inching closer and higher each update. Think that sassy gal has got the OK area in mind again. :/
http://www.lightningstorm.com/explorer_ ... -image.jpg

Hope that rain, that is showing on radar, gets up and going before she gets here with her 'light' show.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”