Rock Creek Wildfire

Fire-related topics
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Rock Creek Wildfire

Post by Farmmaa »

Fancy wrote:"If" is a pretty big word. There should be something more substantial to go by.

One would assume ( hope ) that they are more concerned about evacuating the area and controlling the fire than starting an investigation into the cause.
Unless they found a gas can and lighter at the scene....the actual cause is the least of their worries right now
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Imo, in all reality they do not know...."no indication" for lightening...."IF it was human caused"...."IF it was a cigarette butt..."
THEY DO NOT KNOW what caused this devastation at this point. There already is a thread for cigarette butts and those that toss them
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Agreed. How it happened pales to what can happen.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

The specific cause will not be determined until a trained fire investigator or investigation team processes the area where the fire started. This can sometimes take several days and specific information may take longer to release depending on the situation. Lightning can sometimes be ruled out right away as a general cause leading to human caused or industrial. So at this time speculation is exactly that ... speculation.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
crazymum

Post by crazymum »

They are allowing residents of the Beaverdell area in to evacuate their animals. EOC cleared with RCMP to allow those residents to get their animals. So if you are in kelowna and need to go get your animals, then go.
sbach

Post by sbach »

Can anyone tell me if beaverdell or Carmi are under evaluation alert?
I keep hearing that it is but I can't find any info on it?
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

sbach wrote:Can anyone tell me if beaverdell or Carmi are under evaluation alert?
I keep hearing that it is but I can't find any info on it?

...can't find anything indicating Beaverdell or Carmi are under evac alert at this point...

http://www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca/

http://www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca/ev ... re-aug-13/

Twitter at http://twitter.com/BCGovFireInfo

https://www.facebook.com/BCForestFireInfo
sbach

Post by sbach »

Thanks so much swoop. I ended up calling Trail Emergency Operations Center. He informed me that as of now they are not and that last he heard things are dying down there....

I should know better not to get my news and updates from Facebook comments!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Keep on topic please. People affected by the fire are looking for info and updates - they don't need to wade through idle chit-chat, off-topic remarks, bickering or guesswork.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

There are some incredible video images on facebook of the Rock Creek fire exploding into fireballs.

Devastating!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Over 800 hectares according to Global. Winds expected later today, so hopefully fire crews can get on top of it soon. Possibly homes affected, but unconfirmed. Drop in temperatures and rain also expected and should help.
Heavy rain, isolated thunderstorm drenching the area now.
scorpion1024
Fledgling

Post by scorpion1024 »

A reporter from AM 1150 is reporting on twitter that the Rock Creek fire has now grown to 2000 hectares. Confirmed to him by BC Government Fire Info.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Queen K wrote:There are some incredible video images on facebook of the Rock Creek fire exploding into fireballs.

Devastating!

Can you link any here?
scorpion1024
Fledgling

Post by scorpion1024 »

Listening to the live audio feed player. Lighting is hitting the area. There is now a possible new fire in the Bridesville area.... SIGH.... Thank goodness for our fast forestry teams and firefighters. Hats off to them!!!
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Bunnyhop wrote:Can you link any here?

Yes, links in the fire threads are absolutely fine - unless they are blatant advertising, which I suspect nobody would be linking anyway. So, feel free, please.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”