Rock Creek Wildfire

Fire-related topics
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Rock Creek Wildfire

Post by Graham Adder »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:So you're pet sitter will be home with the animals 24/7 until you're return? Boarding for the duration of the fire season? No wait you/you're neighbour must work at home to always be available? You have made sure the people dealing with your animals know how to handle livestock especially in a panic situation right? (Cause let's face it 1500 lbs of 'oh @%^$# is not easy).

If you are able to open the gate to set them free, you are able to put a lead on them and lead them.
I do not presently own livestock. I've grown up around livestock though, and can tell you that I was raised to have plans for the worst case. I've also been raised to treat all living creatures with respect. The same respect I have for people, goes out to all of them, except maybe that ant I fried with a magnifying glass when I was five.

I'd crawl over broken glass on my hands and knees to get to my animals in a time of need. That I can say with confidence.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Queen K wrote:http://globalnews.ca/news/2164675/evacuations-ordered-as-wildfire-spreads-near-rock-creek-closes-hwy-3/

2500 homes threatened.

NO....
Rock Creek and Westbridge evacuated; 2,500 hectare fire threatens homes
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Let's keep the debates and what not out of here. Please feel free to start another thread. This thread should be for updates and information. Thanks.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

^^ read the above. Thanks
tazmin77

Post by tazmin77 »

Thanks Triple 6!
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

I grew up with horses, and they would have enjoyed nothing more than a few days to explore and graze freely!
Noilly

Post by Noilly »

Thanks Triple 6!!
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

not sure if this should go under another title. Evacuation alerts near Oliver

Evac Orders/Alerts underway due to 2 fires N&S of #OliverBC: http://ow.ly/QVMxs #TestalindenCreek
#WilsonMtn
Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Post by Ironhorse1 »

wanderer wrote:not sure if this should go under another title. Evacuation alerts near Oliver

Evac Orders/Alerts underway due to 2 fires N&S of #OliverBC: http://ow.ly/QVMxs #TestalindenCreek
#WilsonMtn

It is being discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=63438
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Thanks tried to delete my post but it wouldn't let me.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Anyone with any updates?
Are they getting any rain?
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

They are talking about the Rock Creek fire being human caused!!! Boggles the mind that people can be so stupid. I know it is difficult, but one of these days the authorities need to catch one of these morons and to prosecute and convict one. Big time fine and big time jail sentence required.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

We all know that there's lots of stupid people out there. No need to act shocked and/or bicker about causes etc. Let's just stick to actual information coming in about the fire's progress and relevant evacuation information. We've got other threads for butt-tossing & the like.

(note to acknowledge this hypocritically off-topic post. lol)
Your bias suits you.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Hmmm possibly human caused. For all you smokers I hope it isnt one of your butt flickers buddies.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Not much on official channels this morning, not much smoke here, 30K east of the fire. Any one in Rock creek with local knowledge?
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”