Rock Creek Wildfire

Fire-related topics
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Donation for Rock Creek

Post by madadam »

DaveC wrote:Hi,
I have some stuff I'd like to donate for the families with children in Rock Creek. Does anyone know who is facilitating that?

Thanks,
Dave

You could check with the Salvation Army in Kelowna to see if they are gathering supplies and needed items.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Re: Rock Creek Wildfire

Post by miss_sterious »

Am I the only one having a hard time breathing? The smoke doesn't look as bad today but I feel like there's a horse sitting on my chest.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

For Gawds sake get to a Dr.! Shortness of breath is not to be fooled around with.

Are you having any other signs of a heart attack? Women's signs are different from those of men. Don't post here, get to a walk in or emerg NOW.

Do I sound alarmist?

Sorry but here's the link. Now this ISN'T related to the Rock Creek Fire, but the fact of tonnes of particulates in the air (smoke) is causing our hospitals to be filled with people who simply can not breath.

I'm sorry for them and all who are struggling silently. But when I see a post like the one from above, I want to hear back from them AFTER they've seen a Dr.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condition ... rticle.jsp

For all who are struggling with breathing issues, don't ignore the signs, get help. It's been brutal this year.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Queen K ...

Right on the money. Especially if you experience intermittent profuse sweating.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

So the media reported complete destruction of the kettle valley campground and it's contents at one point. This was hearsay from an evacuee. I will tell you for a fact that it was no where near total destruction of that area. Way to go being accurate on reporting media...
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

BoB76 wrote:So the media reported complete destruction of the kettle valley campground and it's contents at one point. This was hearsay from an evacuee. I will tell you for a fact that it was no where near total destruction of that area. Way to go being accurate on reporting media...

When has the media ever been accurate? They are trying to sell you news.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

BoB76 wrote:So the media reported complete destruction of the kettle valley campground and it's contents at one point. This was hearsay from an evacuee. I will tell you for a fact that it was no where near total destruction of that area. Way to go being accurate on reporting media...

Legitimate question...

How is your "source" not also hearsay from another evacuee?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

miss_sterious wrote:Am I the only one having a hard time breathing? The smoke doesn't look as bad today but I feel like there's a horse sitting on my chest.

I keep thinking about you. I got a post in approx an hour later after you posted this. I want to hear from you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Thanks! I went to the hospital to get checked out as I was getting really lightheaded, dizzy and having an awful time breathing. They gave me an EKG and I was okay, but they also referred me to my doctor for asthma testing. Thanks for your concern and encouragement to get checked out, it was the wisest thing to do. Anyone with these kinds of issues, avoid goin outside whenever possible.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Always Sunny wrote:
How is your "source" not also hearsay from another evacuee?

I have pictures...
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

..and yet again - the cause was apparently preventable...thanks alot #$$hole...

https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/ ... Creek_Fire
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

For anyone trying to get to Rock Creek and beyond, it's a touch slow going via Osoyoos, mainly because of tourists dicking around watching the helicopters on the Oliver fires. Slows to 50km coming into Rock Creek but otherwise a good drive.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Media may have got ideas about damage at the Kettle River Recreation Area campground from comments at the beginning of this thread and other places on-line with second-hand information from evacuees. The park looks in bad shape but at least part of the camping area and most of the vehicles survived. Video and pictures from the campground yesterday:
https://twitter.com/jordanwitzel
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Swoop wrote:..and yet again - the cause was apparently preventable...thanks alot #$$hole...

https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/ ... Creek_Fire

“If we can find evidence that suggests a specific individual was responsible, we are going to do everything we can and use all the tools that we have to make sure that people see some consequences,” said Clark.

Clark was also talking about stiffer penalties for human-caused fires, including potentially revoking an individual’s car.

“If you are found to be throwing a cigarette butt out of your car, perhaps one of the penalties available should be that we are able to take away your car, your use of your car for some time,” said Clark.

Probably one of the few times I agree with Christy Clark.
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

No disrespect meant to Christy Clark yet Please........You can talk till You're blue in the face!!! Either S____ or get off the pot. Seen it time & time again, she swoops in with we should consider this or that & not a single thing has been done. If I'm wrong please someone correct me........if this post is too far of topic.....remove it.
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”