The Talmud

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Talmud

Post by Thinktank »

Unto a foreigner thou mayest lend upon interest; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon interest; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all that thou puttest thy hand into, in the land whither thou goest in to possess it”

^ that's the bible. I think Jews follow that part of the bible religiously. And it's insane. It's against God.
But I think all those Rabbis who wrote their own Talmud - loved that sort of thing. Treating their own kind
one way, but treating others a worse way.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Charging interest is hardly immoral.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote:Charging interest is hardly immoral.

But you said this: With the Talmud, it teaches how to live a Jewish life. If I'm not a Jew it doesn't concern me. By contrast, 60% of the Islamic holy books concern me because they teach Muslims how to treat us (unbelievers/Kafirs/infidels).

And I think this thread is going to have a lot more liars on it. For some reason no one wants
to know the truth. They all say "this doesn't concern me"

And the biggest lie (problem) of all is the fact
I'm afraid to even talk about the Talmud because I'm afraid of being an antisemite.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote:Unto a foreigner thou mayest lend upon interest; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon interest;

So the Torah and the Talmud say you treat foreigners differently to your own kind.

Then Jesus comes along and tells us to just love everyone. If the Jews are reading the Talmud
and I'm going to try do exactly what Jesus said - I'll end up in a mental institute.

^ Just starting this thread with all the pressure is enough to make someone go nuts.

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank, you're a bit dense here. Of course some of the Talmud would be about Gentiles since non-Jews existed in the world in which they lived, but it's not the focus. In the case you mention the context was to give a good deal to your "brother" (which assume means non-foreigners), not to screw over the foreigner. The focus is very insular, and does not deal with how to convert, how to kill, and how to rape foreigners. By contrast, the major of the Islamic doctrine focuses around how to deal with the Kafir. How to kill them. How to rape them. How to wage jihad against them.

Surely you have enough functioning brain cells to comprehend the difference between giving your brother a deal on interest rates and beheading non-believers. If that isn't enough, just look at the real world examples. I'm not concerned about the Talmud because no Jews are going around beheading people based upon the teachings in the Talmud.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote:...Jews don't exist if you round to nearest whole number (0.2% of the world's population is Jewish) and Muslims make up 23% and growing,

I bet there's more Jews in the Okanagan than Muslims.

We're in Canada. Our odds of being affected by a Muslim terrorist are about zero.

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The world is much bigger than Canada. The stated goal of ISIS and the likes of Anjem Choudary are to take over our civilization and replace it with Sharia. The preferred route is through peaceful Jihad.

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns, without conquests. The fifty million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
~ Muammar Gaddafi

There are millions upon millions of Muslims who desire for Islam to dominate the west. Certainly not all Muslims, and possibly not even a majority of Muslims, but enough to cause concern. There are no Jews anywhere that I know of that want to turn Europe or Canada into a Jewish state where the Talmud becomes the law of the land.
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote: There are no Jews anywhere that I know of that want to turn Europe or Canada into a Jewish state where the Talmud becomes the law of the land.

but is it possible the talmud is the most religious bigot book on earth and people who read
the talmud become religious bigots?

Come on people - don't you want to learn about the talmud?

How can we discuss the talmud if o one knows anything about it?

discuss

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote:I'm not concerned about the Talmud because no Jews are going around beheading people based upon the teachings in the Talmud.

But if you knew what was in the talmud maybe you would be concerned.

so - what's in the talmud? anyone know?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”