Drone interference

Fire-related topics
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Drone interference

Post by Queen K »

I'm sure some regulatory body is working on the perimeter language in how to deal with drones as we speak.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

A possible outcome is that drones become restricted sale. Similar to firearm sales where you must pass a course and demonstrate competence. I think some ham radio licences are similar. This makes good sense
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Sorry if this had been posted already.
Attachments
PicsArt_1439958045992.jpg
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

they should be able to 12 gauge them out of the air if they are creating a problem
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

Was out and about today and noticed they had one at London drugs, some 1200$ model so I toyed around with it for a bit.
Its pretty crazy, and its not that small they have gotten bigger, it has some really powerful functions, unlike a rc helicopter you would have to be brain dead to crash this thing, you can even set waypoints and it will auto follow them back and forth, or you can control where along the waypoint you want it.. if it gets in trouble it auto comes home, or you hit a button and it comes home.

Basically its idiot proof in all aspects except where you can fly it... kind of scary how advanced they have become.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If the actions of whomever owns & fly's these Drones within restricted airspace/forest fire, causes the lost of a home or homes due to grounding fire fighting aircraft.

When they are caught not only may courts throw the book at them (throw it damn hard), hopefully the homeowners (if the above happens) take every penny they have ever earned or will earn.
These idiots need to learn stupid actions comes with huge consequences

I'm getting p/o with stupidly of some people have.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Not saying I would personally use these. However when our son is one of the ones flying a helicopter on fires I gotta wonder what might hold me back. It is worrisome enough without some sh*t for brains flying a drone over an active fire with aircraft working. Let see we have looky-loos going to see a fire impeding responding traffic, ATV's coming onto fire guards, boats impeding aircraft picking up water, news reporters trying to circumvent road blocks, and now drones. Wonder what will be next.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

Everyone of those needs to be cracked down but I don't think they have enough resources to do so be it RCMP, Compliance & Enforcement, or Conservation. I have a lot of friends on the fire line and it really burns me that people are making a dangerous job more dangerous. There are hazards there that can't be avoided and then they go and add to the risk.

trapp wrote:when our son is one of the ones flying a helicopter on fires I gotta wonder what might hold me back. It is worrisome enough without some sh*t for brains flying a drone over an active fire with aircraft working. Let see we have looky-loos going to see a fire impeding responding traffic, ATV's coming onto fire guards, boats impeding aircraft picking up water, news reporters trying to circumvent road blocks, and now drones. Wonder what will be next.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

canuck500 wrote:Everyone of those needs to be cracked down but I don't think they have enough resources to do so be it RCMP, Compliance & Enforcement, or Conservation.

Something tells me it's pretty hard to enforce as is. You see a drone flying, but you don't know where the operator is. Chasing a drone sounds pretty troublesome since they fly, and you have to follow it through the forest. And even if you caught somebody with the drone in hand, how are you supposed to prove that this exact drone is the one that was causing troubles? They all look the same.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

Yes the drones need to cracked down on but all the other issues need enforcement as well be it boaters interfering with the skimmers or helicopters, lookie loo's, or reporters doing stupid things. Maybe a few people getting charged or fined harshly would help cut back a bit on the problem.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

what is the range on a drone? it shouldnt be that hard to find who is flying it.its the guy with the controller in his hands standing somewhere within the range of the drone.2 cop cars should be able to find the guy within 5 mins and confiscate the drone/charge the operator,possibly tazer him a few times for good measure.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Something tells me it's pretty hard to enforce as is. You see a drone flying, but you don't know where the operator is. Chasing a drone sounds pretty troublesome since they fly, and you have to follow it through the forest. And even if you caught somebody with the drone in hand, how are you supposed to prove that this exact drone is the one that was causing troubles? They all look the same.

dont chase the drone.look for the operator.he is most likely standing in a field near by with a remote control in his hands.there is only going to be so many spots to park along the way.it is easy to prove its the exact drone when it has a memory card of pics and vid of the fire inside it
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 20th, 2015, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

voice of reason wrote:what is the range on a drone? it shouldnt be that hard to find who is flying it.its the guy with the controller in his hands standing somewhere within the range of the drone.2 cop cars should be able to find the guy within 5 mins and confiscate the drone/charge the operator,possibly tazer him a few times for good measure.

Oh my, you are the "voice of reason"! Tazering as instant punishment by officer? I know six police officers who wished that hadn't.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I have heard drone range is easily up to 2 kms
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”