Drone interference

Fire-related topics
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Drone interference

Post by Dizzy1 »

One could start by requiring a license/permit to purchase one and require them to have a transponder of sorts installed and squawking when flying - wouldn't take much to track the squawk code via a mobile app and those that aren't squawking would be considered illegal and confiscated.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

Oh my, you are the "voice of reason"! Tazering as instant punishment by officer? I know six police officers who wished that hadn't.

obviously i was just joking
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Whew! Sorry, I'm sickened by drone flying idiots too.

I believe there won't be a solution for stupidity until it's regulated into the ground.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i want to buy a drone.i think it would be a cool thing to have and something i can do with my son.i just want to see what the rules are going to be before i buy something that i cant fly anywhere.like usual 99% of the drone owners will be responsible people but the rules will be written because of the actions of the 1% that are irresponsible jackasses.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I think drones are cool, they definitely have some very useful purposes as QueenK (I think it was her post) pointed out a couple of pages back. It could also be a great hobby, just like RC airplanes. I'm not one for overregulation on things, but as someone who has a pilots license I can see a very big problem with these things. RC airplane/helicopter pilots don't need any regulation, but in all fairness, they don't have the desire to fly around airports, spying on people or in other restricted areas which, for some people unfortunately, is the sole desire to have a drone.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Wait until this sort of thing is possible (feasibility estimates range from 15 years to "the U.S. military already has them")

Could extract DNA samples or inject medicine. I'd use mine to record the security code for the liquor store.
Your bias suits you.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Woodenhead wrote:Wait until this sort of thing is possible (feasibility estimates range from 15 years to "the U.S. military already has them")

Could extract DNA samples or inject medicine. I'd use mine to record the security code for the liquor store.

Uhg no thank you. Stuff like that scares me.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

Spy drones of the future, pretty much can bet stuff like that is already being used in black ops, pretty crazy, imagine the insane stuff they could do, assassinations ect and nobody could even see it coming.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Back to the fire watching drones,
Just jam them using a blanket radio signal , or shine lasers at the cameras on them,
or as one fire crew did, knock the drone out of the sky with a blast from a fire hose.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I Think wrote:Just jam them using a blanket radio signal , or shine lasers at the cameras on them,
or as one fire crew did, knock the drone out of the sky with a blast from a fire hose.

> Jam emergency responders' radios/equipment, nice
> Have fun maintaining that kind of aim, and it wouldn't do anything anyway
> Only works if they're close enough, and if you're willing to shoot water on a drone rather than the fire.

Probably the best way to deal with these things would be within the drone's firmware itself; both via some sort of "backdoor control override" and "electronic fencing". However, even that could be hacked by the geeks out there. Laws/enforcement would help, but we all know that still never fully stops crime.

So far, every "solution" I've seen posited are merely short-term band-aids, at best.
Your bias suits you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Whatever needs to happen better nip it in the bud pretty *blanking* quickly.

Stupidity tends to spread damn quickly
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

GordonH wrote:Stupidity tends to spread damn quickly

haha Sorry to break it to you, but that cat's been out of the bag for eons already! Stupid breeds wwaaayyyy faster than smart.
Your bias suits you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ lol, oh I'm well aware of that.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

helicopter shoulda just dumped its load of water on the dam thing
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

soon they will have drones to fight fires.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”