FireSmoke Canada

Fire-related topics
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

FireSmoke Canada

Post by oneh2obabe »

Welcome to the Canadian portal for information and resources about smoke from wildland fires. We provide access to services and data for professionals in the air quality, health & safety, emergency management, and science & research communities as well as the public. We are also a community of practice that advances policies, plans & organizations to address wildland fire smoke issues.

Our primary service is smoke forecasts from wildland fires using the BlueSky Canada system. This system produces forecasts of hourly ground-level concentrations of smoke particles (PM 2.5) from wildfires up to 48 hours into the future. The forecast output is experimental and is subject to uncertainties that are inherent in weather forecasts, wildfire detection/emissions and smoke predictions. Forecasts are published twice-daily for Canada, Eastern Canada and Western Canada.

http://firesmoke.ca/

Current Western Forecast
http://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/BSC00WC04/current/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: FireSmoke Canada

Post by XT225 »

I think that the smoke is coming from the "Chelan Complex Fire" which has burned over 227,000 Acres. Its directly South of the Okanagan Valley.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

this will give you a better idea of where the smoke is coming from. when you see Tonasket, i am sitting right between two fires hoping that i don't have to try to save my parents house. :/

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thanks ferri. We have been in that area many times and hope the best for all those living there.
Sure hope everyone gets through this OK.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”