The end of the Conservatives?

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The end of the Conservatives?

Post by Hurtlander »

unbiased2 wrote:The Bank of Canada website is on the net, yet you imply it is a unreliable source because of the current conservative gov't in power . . . can you not be more disingenuous -- I'm being polite.

If you were to look back a few posts you'd see where I admitted to trying to wind up one particular poster with my comment. It was written in jest to stir the pot...
If you happen to be a conservative supporter, I'd highly recommend you try to muzzle the same poster I was trying to wind up, he isn't doing your cause any favours..
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Please keep in mind that that advice comes from an NDP supporter who has never yet, in the history of Canada, been successful in electing his party to Federal power in Canada.

Pretending to have just been joking after being "outed" seems to be an NDP character trait. Some call it outright dishonesty.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Hurtlander wrote:If you were to look back a few posts you'd see where I admitted to trying to wind up one particular poster with my comment. It was written in jest to stir the pot...
If you happen to be a conservative supporter, I'd highly recommend you try to muzzle the same poster I was trying to wind up, he isn't doing your cause any favours..

It was written in jest to stir the pot...

I suspected that after your reply to GB, but wasn't sure.

As far as muzzling, that's not my modus operandi
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Donald G wrote:Pretending to have just been joking after being "outed" seems to be an NDP character trait. Some call it outright dishonesty.

I wasn't "outed" Donald, I whole heartedly admit I posted a silly comment because 1; It went perfectly with the complete and utter nonsense you post, and 2; I was seeing if you even read and or comprehend what others even post. Apparently you don't, until unbiased2 brought it to your attention you didn't have a clue....
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Hurtlander wrote: I wasn't "outed" Donald, I whole heartedly admit I posted a silly comment because 1; It went perfectly with the complete and utter nonsense you post, and 2; I was seeing if you even read and or comprehend what others even post. Apparently you don't, until unbiased2 brought it to your attention you didn't have a clue....

It is ironic. Donny seems so sure that Harper has the best fiscal and economic plan, but from what we can tell is not willing to participate in the Jousters Room to engage in one on debate to defend that claim. This really makes two things pertinently clear: 1) he cannot defend Harper’s record or his plan, and 2) he knows he cannot defend Harper’s record or his plan.

No surprise here.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

unbiased2 wrote: The 2008 recession was a terrible one. Canada was touted as doing a admiral job recovering from that recession and having the most prosperous middle class of the g7.

Yes, very lucky for us that Harper inherited the banking system created by the previous Liberal government (again, this was the very same banking system Harper wanted to deregulate when he was in opposition), and only had minority control over our government. Just imagine if he had the power then as he does today to push such reckless ideologically driven policies through with no public scrutiny or debate. Our economy would have been just as devastated as the Americans.

I actually agree with those who say Harper did a reasonably admirable job while leader of a minority government (in spite of eight recurring deficits and almost $200 billion in extra debt). I actually voted Conservative in the last two elections. However, while provincial policies played a role, more of the failure of the manufacturing sector can be attributed to Harper’s reckless trade policies than apparently want to admit, and between that and his overdependence on the energy sector he has left us in a highly vulnerable situation. Oh well I guess.

However, the fact does seem to be that while every other nation of the G7 nations are climbing out of that last global recession, Canada is the only nation of that group to be falling back into one (reported just today on the CTV News Channel). Again, Harper’s “steady course” has already cost Canada enormous accumulation to our debt load, the loss of thousands of good paying jobs, lost economic opportunity and his “stay the course” plan likely to lead to even greater economic crisis. Bottom line is we cannot afford to give Stephen Harper majority control of our government ever again.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i was saying what sl is saying after harper started bragging that he saved canada and infact i bet i could find posts by several of the posters here stating the same thing then . but i digress lol the point is harper took the credit for something that was not his to boast about .
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I am amazed at the number of NDP advocates with absolutely no financial knowledge or experience who continue to give financial opinions that are in turn picked up and quoted by other NDP and Liberal zealots similarly lacking in financial knowledge and experience. The NDP blind leading the NDP blind to oblivion, just like Greece.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The "GET HARPER at any cost" NDP and Lib zealots continue their charge into oblivion. Unforunately for you, Canadians are neither dumb nor supportive of gang warfare.

I am amazed that people who have never been in Government and have no Financial or Business experience continually profess to have all of the magic answers as to what Canada should do. Kind of like a group of couch potato watching a hard fought sports event on TV. Good theories but no reality.
Last edited by Donald G on Aug 24th, 2015, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Hurtlander ...

WADR you and steve have posted a lot of "silly comments". Not just one.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

You know you can edit your post instead of replying 3 times in a row to the same thread.

Not sure where you keep coming up with all this NDP stuff considering they have never led the federal party. You seem to think that the NDP got Canada into this mess, rather than the decade of Harper rule. You talk about the blind leading the blind? It's already been happening, and you've been blindly following the whole time without realizing it.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Donald G wrote:The "GET HARPER at any cost" NDP and Lib zealots continue their charge into oblivion. Unforunately for you, Canadians are neither dumb nor supportive of gang warfare.

Actually the average Canadian does understand it's the job of the opposition to "GET" the leader of the incumbent government during an election, the current incumbent leader happens to be "HARPER". Whether or not you like it, that's how the system works.

Donald G wrote:I am amazed that people who have never been in Government and have no Financial or Business experience continually profess to have all of the magic answers as to what Canada should do.

You couldn't be more wrong about that if you tried, do not assume you know what my background is...
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 24th, 2015, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unless you know the person, do not question his qualifications.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Donald G wrote:To Hurtlander ...

If your Financial qualifications were of any consequence I am sure that, in the interests of "GET HARPER" you would have made them known by now given your many other less then credible statements about the Prime Minister and Financial matters.

Harper has a degree in Economics - then how come our Economy is so pathetic??

Kinda kills your assertion about anyone who does not have 'Financial qualifications' I would say.....
Chill
I Think
Guru

Post by I Think »

Stevie makes up for his lack of knowledge, by looking pretty.
Problem with being stupid is, you don't know you're stupid

Return to “Political Arena”