Smoke

Fire-related topics
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Smoke

Post by Symbonite »

jimsenchuk wrote:
Something like the Steven King movie "The Fog"...just waiting for the creatures to come out.

you mean The Mist?
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Is the smoke really "heavy" or is it "thick"? When it's windy, is the wind also heavy? Or is it strong?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

you know...its smoke...why is everyone going nuts about it on the news and everyone talking about it...don't like it then don't go outside...who cares its smoke...
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Symbonite wrote:you know...its smoke...why is everyone going nuts about it on the news and everyone talking about it...don't like it then don't go outside...who cares its smoke...

You know, it's a lot of smoke. It's also a very real health issue for people with respiratory illnesses, even if they stay indoors. Poor air quality can even affect otherwise healthy people. I don't understand why people talking about this serious and widespread air pollution event annoys you.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I can see clear across the lake again!
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

The smoke doesnt annoy me...people that are annoyed about the smoke is what annoys me.

Im annoyed that your annoyed because im annoyed...pretty annoying if you ask me.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Always Sunny wrote:We sold out of all dust masks in the pharmacy pretty quickly. A few people said that we weren't the first place they'd tried and many were already sold out.

This is a reason to have a disaster response kits. Always be prepared. for anything as little as smoke...to zombies....you just never know.

I have some dust masks in the kit....but aslo full face ones too...
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

4 packages of dust masks in my tool box along with a half-face respirator.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Divor
Fledgling

Post by Divor »

bought cheap filters so will replace filters on the furnace every couple of days. seems to be working so far.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”