Joe Rich - plumes of smoke across from 8 mile

Fire-related topics
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Joe Rich - plumes of smoke across from 8 mile

Post by Barney Google »

From Castanet Reports...

UPDATE 4:45 p.m.

Wildfire Management crews are mopping up two spot sized blazes that were sparked Monday afternoon, along McCulloch Forest Service Road.

Fire information officer Kayla Pepper says both fires were considered a Rank 1, or a smouldering grass fire. There were 13 personnel on site that assisted with the blaze and no air support was needed.

The fires were approximately half a kilometre apart, with one blaze growing to 0.1 hectares in size and the other just 10 metres by 10 metres.

There were no structures in the vicinity of the blazes however Pepper says Wildfire Management is happy someone passed the fires and called in to report them despite the fact the area was very smoky.

“We are happy that people are calling in, not to report haze, but to tell us of actual fires they are seeing from visible flame to a column of smoke. It is very helpful that people are still calling even though it is very smoky.”

The cause of both fires are under investigation, as there was no lightning reported in the area
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Ernlor

Post by Ernlor »

Thanks! we appreciate that !
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

It's a bit of a confusing story. The 4pm update is actually describing a third fire that started on the side of highway 33 across from Peregrin rd. I took a picture, but its too big to post. I'll see if I can shrink it down.
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Was that right beside the Hwy and around a power pole Quagmire?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

Yes.
(my apologies for the poor quality of photo...)
Attachments
IMAG21001.jpg
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I did see that and thought to myself WTH...looks like it got knocked down SUPER fast. You know Quagmire what's gonna be said that started that one. Will be interesting to hear what started the two up off of McCullough yesterday.
- Unknown
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

Fortunately, the people of Joe Rich are on high alert. The neighbors and a motorist started knocking that little fire down before fire crews got there and doused it for good.
I'd hate to speculate on what started a fire in the ditch right next to the highway... perhaps chitty-chitty-bang-bang came by and backfired?
Giggidy, Giggidy

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

We HAVE to be on high alert...no other choice.

Oh for sure, Quagmire, it was Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang...
- Unknown
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Both McCulloch Rd fires now listed as person caused.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

*bleep*...you have got to be kidding? What were they doing???
- Unknown

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”