Smoke reports.

Fire-related topics
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Smoke reports.

Post by I Think »

Could we set up a smoke report for each major town.
Osoyoos
Penticton,
Kelowna,
Vernon,
Kamloops.
If a Castanetter in each town would report in how smokey it is, it would help us when we travel, to know what to expect.
We could keep it short, like " Kelowna visibility 200 yds/mtrs"
And if your town has already been listed, only add to it if it has changed.
Keep it simple and short would be best.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Frisk
Guru

Re: Smoke reports.

Post by Frisk »

Why do we need so many separate threads about the smoke??
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

It's smokey everywhere in the Okanagan right now. We can expect more or less what we've seen over the last few days. I agree, a thread for each area is unnecessary.

Penticton, real smokey. Kelowna, quite smokey, Vernon a little smokier than usual. Kamloops, not so bad.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Agreed - we don't need individual reports. Needless clutter, especially when we have a thread about FireSmoke Canada right in this very forum.

[rant]

A bit of an aside: I find there's a lot of reposted fluff around here - weather repostings and articles from this own site's homepage reposted ad nauseum seems so silly to me. Do you think we wouldn't find that otherwise? News items are in the damned sidebar on forum pages, fer christ's sake! lol

[/rant]
Your bias suits you.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Ah well, but you know, it's a discussion board. If a post isn't insulting anybody, why would it matter what people post? Almost everything on a forum is redundant to some extent. If it were me, and something like that bothered me, I just wouldn't read that particular thread. It really is that easy.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I've blocked the users who do that on a regular basis. Because you can't avoid the annoyance without coming across it first. haha
Your bias suits you.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Ok forget that idea.
Just toured from rock creek to kelowna through osoyoos and back to rock creek and the smoke varies. Would have been good to know that the smoke is thicker in the south, so would have gone back to rock creek via hwy 33.
Others might like to know that Grand forks is socked in with very thick smoke.
Oh well.
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”