Smoke & your kids.

Fire-related topics
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Smoke & your kids.

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:I guess you can tell who was coddled as a child lol its really not that bad people

Actually for some it is and has nothing to do with coddling. Eyes are irritated, throats are sore, people are coughing - smoke particulates can be irritating which is why the warnings are out.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I Think wrote:Yep, been saying that on Castyournet for 3 days now.

Yep - and yet there was a poster or three who poo-poo'ed your idea. Can't let any post go by without arguing it here! LOL It's a good idea.

I'm allergic to smoke, and my allergies have been going nuts the last 24 hours. I'm just lucky they didn't flare up sooner, but I knew it would happen eventually. Oh well, it's an annoyance that I'm used to - I shall soldier on.
Your bias suits you.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

I Think wrote:We are pretty much closed up, with a box fan and filter cleaning the air.
Worked outside yesterday for a couple of hours, but my respirator is not a very good one so had to quit.
Again today for an hour with no respirator but had to give it up.

Sorry, but I find it odd that you would start a thread about keeping kids indoors during this smoke, but have no problem coming on here and telling us your "respirator" only allowed you outside for 2 hours, then out again the next day.
Sorry, not a very good spokesperson.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Jam, adult lungs are not still growing, there is a world of difference.
Also; was in the Okanagan yesterday, it is much less smoky there, than over here near Rock Creek.
But your adult lungs are your own to manage, as are mine, kids do not have as much ability to manage their own lives/lungs, and their lungs are many times more vulnerable to damage.
I find your post argumentative for the sake of arguing.
We're lost but we're making good time.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

My opolagies for offending you.....not intended. Just like seeing a guy with lung cancer smoking. Seems odd to me, and others I'm sure, that someone with a respirator would even consider being outside in this.
I am an healthy, non-smoker, and I am limiting myself for exposure until it goes away.
That's why I comment so much on here lately....I'm staying inside.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you!!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Thats all I was saying, there is work here that has to be done by a deadline or it will cost me a lot of money and some months of my work, so have to try & get some stuff done. Wearing a good paper mask now which works better than my old respirator.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

well it looks like this is how to deal with it

throw your kids in the basement and lock the door...

but you could say that about sunny days
Rainy days
Windy days
Cold days
Hot days

Like I said...most kids do not go outside not because they don't want to....Heli-parents not allowing them out. Like I said another topic all together.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

My husband works outside and I could hear it in his voice, although he wasn't really complaining, but I put eucalyptus oils in the infuser that I keep in our bedroom.He said it helped quite a lot.

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”