postie

Re: Little White / Gillard fire

Post by postie »

The calm before the storm?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Joe Rich Valley is light breeze to moderate periodic gusts...winds out of the SE...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

How's the smoke out your way, Barney? Was kinda smokey here but seemed like it was trying to blow/clear out this evening.
Your bias suits you.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Still kinda hazy...I think we are getting smoke from the Rock Creek/Washington fires in the Valley. Nothing seems to be coming this way from Little White the breeze is still coming in from the SE
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

LTD wrote: Ya im sure you have no problem driving your gas guzzling suv up to the bush so you can pedal your bike around or hike around in your spandex and im sure you wont have problem when they drag your sorry *bleep* out on an atv when you get lost or hurt selfish *bleep* like you are the real problem

With all due respect...I've never liked personal attacks, I think they are an ugly reminder of how obnoxiously rude people have become today, most especially when someone has no idea whom they are addressing nor the integrity of that individual. I can appreciate your passion expressing your dislike of the 'gas guzzling SUVing, spandexed selfish sorry *bleep*' I feel very much the same way. However, I can assure you that you have VERY mistakenly vented your spleen it at the EXACT opposite person.
- Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Quailize wrote:I have a fair view of the area now that some of the valley smoke has cleared. Almost no smoke coming from this one, it looks dead calm.

Sounds like good news! I can't see much happening there either.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

What kind of planes are those that they used to water bomb the Little White fire?

I've never seen them before, and when they flew about fifty feet above the treetops, descending to scoop water, in the 4000 block of Lakeshore Road, they sounded huge.

They fly in quite the precision too, which was awesome to observe from that close.

They were the same planes as in the picture on Castanet right now.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Not knowing about the planes Lone Wolf 53...sorry. It's very still here in the Joe Rich Valley (proper). Weather vane is still showing an ever, almost imperceptible, slight breeze from the SE...can see some stars...the smoke has eased up and is only lingering in the tree tops...very quiet and still. Wind worries from this afternoon have really not come to fruition up in this neck of the woods...yet...
- Unknown
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

The planes are CL-215 or CL-415's and they are owned by the Province of Alberta
mtn living

Post by mtn living »

Now that's lookin' good. :)
Attachments
rain.jpg
fentazelb

Post by fentazelb »

the planes are cl-415's, they can be identified easily by the motor pods that are not round. The 415 uses a turbo prop design not the piston powered Pratt and Whitney that the 215's use. There are lots of other updates on the 415 over the 215 like the wing tips that make it very unique. Both are stunning craft to say the least.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Joe Rich Valley Conditions Report (lol)...light breeze from the east. Hazy smoke that has continued to thicken very slightly as the morning progresses...patchy sky (what we can see of it) with light clouds...denser clouds coming from the far end of the Valley are slowly moving in. We had a little on and off spotty rain throughout the night.
- Unknown
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

fentazelb wrote:the planes are cl-415's, they can be identified easily by the motor pods that are not round. The 415 uses a turbo prop design not the piston powered Pratt and Whitney that the 215's use. There are lots of other updates on the 415 over the 215 like the wing tips that make it very unique. Both are stunning craft to say the least.

Thanks for the info fentazelb.

ETA: I just read up on those a bit, and it says that quite a few of the CL-215's were retrofitted with CL-415 engines, and wing modifications, thus creating a plane called the CL-215T.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Hmmmm. The machine guards they are putting in might finally give access to Nuttal Lake. Never been in there
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Was pouring in the Joe Rich Valley earlier. We had huge gusts come from the east earlier...then it was steady out of the

North.

VERY dark clouds came in and now it's drizzling lightly and looks to be clearing...

About fifteen minutes ago RCMP cruiser with lights flashing and siren going headed up Hwy 33 towards Big White...

about 10 minutes later a black RCMP unmarked SUV headed up the same way going much faster and now an ambulance is

heading up Hwy 33...
Attachments
Valley shot - small.jpg
- Unknown

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”