Fire Season Weather Thread

Fire-related topics
Triple 6

Re: Fire Season Weather Thread

Post by Triple 6 »

Quailize wrote:It'd probably be okay to take down the fire forum now. Most of BC got a good amount of rain and with the cooler temperatures I highly doubt the fire danger will go over moderate for the rest of the year.

Still lots of information for people.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
mtn living

Post by mtn living »

Black clouds hovering on a couple local cams, so went to see what was up. :/
Attachments
lightening.jpg
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Quailize wrote:It'd probably be okay to take down the fire forum now. Most of BC got a good amount of rain and with the cooler temperatures I highly doubt the fire danger will go over moderate for the rest of the year.

Oh? Do you want me to list all the places still with with extreme danger as of noon today?

Let's start in the Cariboo. 4 of the 5 weather stations along highway 20 are still at extreme (Anahim Lake, Puntzi Mountain, Alexis Creek, Riske Creek). Next, let's look at our own region. All of the weather stations along the Thompson/North Thompson rivers are extreme from Clearwater south (Clearwater, Barriere, Kamloops, and Ashcroft).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Eh, I guess you're right. Keep it up till October, September has been quite warm and dry some years.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Thanks Quailize, some of us aren't ready to 'let go' yet.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Quailize ...

I know it must be a considerable amount of work to continually update this thread and would understand if you decided to end it. Personally I have found your comments and maps of significant help in understanding the weather that we get and do not get.

Personally I would like to see Castanet continue the "visual" view of the weather that you have developed.

Whatevery happens your dedication and effort in posting the information that you have over the period of time that you have is greatly appreciated. You have earned a Good Canadian award.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Donald G wrote:To Quailize ...

I know it must be a considerable amount of work to continually update this thread and would understand if you decided to end it. Personally I have found your comments and maps of significant help in understanding the weather that we get and do not get.

Personally I would like to see Castanet continue the "visual" view of the weather that you have developed.

Whatevery happens your dedication and effort in posting the information that you have over the period of time that you have is greatly appreciated. You have earned a Good Canadian award.

Here, here!

Thanks Quailize...thank you so much!!!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

We're going to get some drier weather over the next week. Not hot, but still moderately warm and sunny.

Kelowna

Today A few showers ending this morning then a mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late this afternoon. High 19. UV index 4 or moderate.
Tonight Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers this evening and after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 7.

Thu, 3 Sep Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. High 18.
Night Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low plus 5.

Fri, 4 Sep Sunny. High 21.
Night Clear. Low plus 5.

Sat, 5 Sep A mix of sun and cloud. High 19.
Night Clear. Low 8.

Sun, 6 Sep Sunny. High 21.
Night Clear. Low 8.

Mon, 7 Sep Sunny. High 22.
Night Clear. Low 9.

Tue, 8 Sep A mix of sun and cloud. High 23.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

We sure got a lot of rain last night. It was coming down so hard that it woke me up twice. I'm up over 20 mm at my place this week.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Thu, 3 Sep Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Snow level 1700 metres. Wind becoming north 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 18. UV index 3 or moderate.
Night Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early in the evening. Low 6.
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

I have had a pail out in the open way up the 201 at about the 5000 foot level and it has three inches (75mm) in it.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Looks like dry send warm weather is returning
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

tsayta wrote:Looks like dry send warm weather is returning

Yup.

Kelowna

Today A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. UV index 5 or moderate.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Clearing before morning. Low 8.

Mon, 7 Sep Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud late in the afternoon. High 21.
Night Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 9.

Tue, 8 Sep Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 21.
Night Cloudy periods. Low 10.

Wed, 9 Sep A mix of sun and cloud. High 23.
Night Clear. Low 9.

Thu, 10 Sep Sunny. High 23.
Night Clear. Low 9.

Fri, 11 Sep Sunny. High 25.
Night Clear. Low 10.

Sat, 12 Sep Sunny. High 25.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I'm hoping we get a nice long Indigenous Peoples(trying to be respectful and politically correct) Summer
- Unknown
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Lol. I actually like the cooler weather better. I'm up above chute Lake right now. The forest and grasses here are bone dry again. Folks better be careful
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”