Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

STR8 SHOT

Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Post by STR8 SHOT »

I'd like to know if there will be protesters at IPE to voice concerns about the mini-chuckwagon racing.How would you like to see a tiny horse get shot just for your entertainment?Ban this type of sport.Armstrong should be ashamed of itself.There are enough good things to see there.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Post by Fancy »

That's happening in Armstrong - not Kelowna area.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

How much to get in? PS, I'm never going to watch any rodeo.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Check out the Vernon news. Has a link.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I don't think your forced to watch so don't pretty easy solution.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Post by GordonH »

I was going IPE every year from young kid (few years as 4-H member) until the rodeo was added, I stop attending after that.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

GordonH wrote:I was going IPE every year from young kid (few years as 4-H member) until the rodeo was added, I stop attending after that.

How long ago was that? The rodeo has been part of IPE for 116 years, and I know the rodeo has been part of it for at least 35-40 years, and probably longer.

For all you rodeo haters - don't go. And since when do they shoot horses during a chuckwagon race? That wouldn't be beneficial to winning at all. Unless you've seen one, don't comment. These are held in the arena are are really fun to watch. This isn't Calgary Stampede calibre chucks.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

The rodeo has not always been a part of the IPE....it was a kinsmen rodeo held in October until they combined it with the fair. Not sure when that was, but there wasn't a rodeo included when I was a kid living in armstrong. Imo, there is not enough space, barns aren't up to standard and the appeal has been placed more on the rodeo than the original "fall fair" aspect, sadly.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

For all you rodeo haters - don't go. And since when do they shoot horses during a chuckwagon race? That wouldn't be beneficial to winning at all. Unless you've seen one, don't comment. These are held in the arena are are really fun to watch. This isn't Calgary Stampede calibre chucks.

They shoot them when they fall and they have to be put down. It's a brutal sport.

I used to rodeo and I worked with country vets and I have seen how animals are sacrificed in the interest of entertainment.

There is no fun involved in watching an animal suffer needlessly.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Fancy wrote:That's happening in Armstrong - not Kelowna area.

Why do you think the OP put in North and South Okanagan then? Looks to me it's right where it should be.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

jamapple wrote:Why do you think the OP put in North and South Okanagan then? Looks to me it's right where it should be.

Actually the OP originally mistakenly posted this thread in the Central Okanagan section. It has just been recently moved here by the mods.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

mexicalidreamer wrote:
They shoot them when they fall and they have to be put down. It's a brutal sport.

I used to rodeo and I worked with country vets and I have seen how animals are sacrificed in the interest of entertainment.

There is no fun involved in watching an animal suffer needlessly.

If you used to rodeo, then you know that livestock that is used is worth 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars. There are less animals killed in rodeo that there are deer killed driving the Okanagan highways. I know lots of vets and they have no issues with rodeo.

The IPE showcases the country lifestyle of now, then, and way back when. The rodeo is one of the biggest in BC, and ranks high in Canada. It's a very professional event, with some or the worlds best athletes (both man and animal ) attending. If you think the rodeo is bad, look at the chickens on display and the big sign that says "68 days from egg to plate".

Seriously, if any of this offends you, please don't attend. Nobody is making you go.

The animals aren't sacrificed. You make it sound like they slaughter them every day - nothing is further from the truth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

You are the reason why it still happens.

Anything can be justified if you want to justify it.

I hardly made it sound like they are slaughtered every day though. One animal having to be put down because of an injury due to a chuck wagon race or having it's neck broken in a roping incident is too many in my opinion.

A couple thousand years ago, some of us used to pit humans against lions for fun. Pretty sure we stopped that.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

mexicalidreamer wrote:You are the reason why it still happens.

Anything can be justified if you want to justify it.

I hardly made it sound like they are slaughtered every day though. One animal having to be put down because of an injury due to a chuck wagon race or having it's neck broken in a roping incident is too many in my opinion.

A couple thousand years ago, some of us used to pit humans against lions for fun. Pretty sure we stopped that.

Yes, and I'm really proud of my affiliation with rodeo, and what it stands for. Just to be clear, more cowboys get hurt every year than the stock.

Did you know that on the range for beef cattle, there's several killed every year by predators. Isn't that just as bad?
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Yes, and I'm really proud of my affiliation with rodeo, and what it stands for. Just to be clear, more cowboys get hurt every year than the stock.

possibly...not likely.....but cowboys are making a concious decision to do that. They know they can get hurt/killed and yet choose to do it....the animals have no say in what they do or how they are treated. They are at the mercy (or not) of humans.

Return to “North Okanagan”