Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

mexi cali
Guru

Re: Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Post by mexi cali »

Did you know that on the range for beef cattle, there's several killed every year by predators. Isn't that just as bad?

Nope; that's called natural selection/survival of the species/circle of life, whatever you want to call it.

These animals, as has already been pointed out have no say and a re merely doing what they were trained to do and it is all in the name of entertainment.

I suppose you're a fan of the Omak suicide run?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

mexicalidreamer wrote:A couple thousand years ago, some of us used to pit humans against lions for fun. Pretty sure we stopped that.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. You need to get out more. The score is: Humans - 1; Lions - 1.

Man kills lion:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ials-claim

Lion kills man:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/lion-kills ... -1.3202676
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

STR8 SHOT wrote:I'd like to know if there will be protesters at IPE to voice concerns about the mini-chuckwagon racing.How would you like to see a tiny horse get shot just for your entertainment?Ban this type of sport.Armstrong should be ashamed of itself.There are enough good things to see there.

Will you be protesting yourself?

Has there ever been an animal killed during these races at the IPE?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Has there ever been an animal killed during these races at the IPE?

NEVER
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Yet
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

GordonH wrote:I was going IPE every year from young kid (few years as 4-H member) until the rodeo was added, I stop attending after that.

Thank you so much for giving up your seat. Without your sacrifice I might not have been able to enjoy some of the activities and culture of the western hemisphere we occupy. Can I assume you will not be taking a seat at any thoroughbred horse races as well because I enjoy that tradition as well occasionally?
Oh, and BTW, I still enjoy a good BBQ steak as well. You?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:I was going IPE every year from young kid (few years as 4-H member) until the rodeo was added, I stop attending after that.

twobits wrote:Thank you so much for giving up your seat. Without your sacrifice I might not have been able to enjoy some of the activities and culture of the western hemisphere we occupy. Can I assume you will not be taking a seat at any thoroughbred horse races as well because I enjoy that tradition as well occasionally?
Oh, and BTW, I still enjoy a good BBQ steak as well. You?

A lot of dots being connected just because I'm not a fan or into rodeo's/stampede. I'm not about tell people to go or not go, that is totally up to them.
Last edited by GordonH on Aug 31st, 2015, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Tony wrote:How long ago was that? The rodeo has been part of IPE for 116 years, and I know the rodeo has been part of it for at least 35-40 years, and probably longer.

For all you rodeo haters - don't go. And since when do they shoot horses during a chuckwagon race? That wouldn't be beneficial to winning at all. Unless you've seen one, don't comment. These are held in the arena are are really fun to watch. This isn't Calgary Stampede calibre chucks.

It was added in mid to latter 1990's.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MattJ
Fledgling

Post by MattJ »

Horses get injured in rodeos as often as they get injured while running around in a field, or while being ridden on a trail. Get a grip.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Again though, one activity is natural and one is forced upon them and is decidedly unnatural.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Wouldn't be surprised if the rodeo lover on here are the ones bitching and moaning about banning circuses because the animals are in cages all the time, and elephants go bizzerk. People have finally come to their collective sences as to the value of circuses, now, it's time to take a serious look at the ugly side of rodeos. I think they're both in the same class, and should both go the way of the doe doe.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

jamapple wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the rodeo lover on here are the ones bitching and moaning about banning circuses because the animals are in cages all the time, and elephants go bizzerk. People have finally come to their collective sences as to the value of circuses, now, it's time to take a serious look at the ugly side of rodeos. I think they're both in the same class, and should both go the way of the doe doe.
Nah - I've never bitched about the circus animals - there's lots of other entertainment in a circus. Same with rodeos - no need to ban every event.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 1st, 2015, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic and adds nothing to the discussion.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

it takes a small mind to protest mini chuck races *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 1st, 2015, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 1st, 2015, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try staying on topic!

Return to “North Okanagan”