Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Post by Dizzy1 »

MattJ wrote:Horses get injured in rodeos as often as they get injured while running around in a field, or while being ridden on a trail. Get a grip.

Do you have statistics to back this claim up?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Do you have statistics showing that showing statistics make a lick of difference in a discussion such as this?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

heres some stats....I see that its more dangerous for humans to be near horses.

Pony and horse accident statistics make uncomfortable reading. A horse accident lawyer inevitably has to deal with many serious accidents and fatalities usually due to third party negligence :-

* approximately 15 million people ride a horse or pony every year in the United States
* one in five horse related injuries occur on the ground before the horse has been mounted
* mounted injuries most often involve a fall and dismounted injuries most often involve kicking
* dismounted injuries are usually more serious than mounted injuries
* most riding injuries are sustained by amateurs whilst pleasure riding
* head injuries are the most common cause for admission to hospital and death
* the highest rates of injury occur to those aged between 5 and 14, and 25 and 44 years
* a rider who has one head injury has a 40 percent chance of suffering a second head injury
* there are approximately 75,000 horse related visits made to emergency rooms by riders every year
* the most frequent injuries include fractures, lacerations and head injuries
* the most frequent cause of death is head injury
* the most frequent cause of multiple injuries in sport of any description is horse riding

http://www.negligencelitigation.com/hor ... dents.html

Horse Riding Lessons Lake Charles Louisiana 70601
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

LOLOLOL. You are actually quoting a freaking injury lawyer that is out to get people to sue?? Too funny. Yes, dealing with horses can be dangerous....you are dealing with a living breathing flight animal with its own mind...know your stuff and do not mistreat them. Anyone who rides, competes, and/or works with horses knows the dangers and still do it of their own volition......but those "stats" (questionable to say the least) to do with this thread? Really? And minis to boot? Lolol
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Interesting website - Toronto lawyers yet the blurb posted says United States. Let's see the statistics for the area compared to the cute little minis.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Steve-O wrote:Do you have statistics showing that showing statistics make a lick of difference in a discussion such as this?

Was a simple question. I'm not a horse person so I'm interested in knowing.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

You need to understand something very basic about rodeo stock. These animals are born to buck. That's all they do, and they love it. As mentioned earlier, they can be worth up to $150,000 each. It's the same as race horses born to run, and cow ponies born to chase cattle. It's in the DNA.

If they aren't bucking, to be brutally honest, they aren't alive, as they are marketed for meat. A rodeo horse or bull works approximately 8 seconds a week during rodeo season. On a busy week they might work 16 seconds. They are pampered and checked completely by a vet at every major rodeo, and are taken care of exceptionally well.

As far as circuses, it's a totally different thing. Animals aren't born to be in a cage, and I don't agree with that. Who ever posted that there's lots to see at a circus is entirely right. Cirque de Soliel is awesome.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is a right that we have. Just because you don't agree with my point of view doesn't mean that you're a bad person, or that I'm a bad person, it just means that we have different points of view.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Just curious...if a bronc is "born to buck", "loves it", if it's "in their DNA" why the need for a flank strap?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Motivation.

And we are not talking about bull riding. we are or were talking about chucks, mini or otherwise. Different yet not the same.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I know...just had to ask. Lol
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Tony wrote: These animals are born to buck. That's all they do, and they love it. As mentioned earlier, they can be worth up to $150,000 each. It's the same as race horses born to run, and cow ponies born to chase cattle. It's in the DNA.

If they aren't bucking, to be brutally honest, they aren't alive,

You know bucking is a defense mechanism right? they dont do it becouse its fun and they love it, they do it out of fear and or they are unhappy..

To acutaly say that a horse is not alive unless its defending its life with kicking motions is propbably the most assine comment i have read on this board in recent weeks.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Hassel99 wrote:You know bucking is a defense mechanism right? they dont do it becouse its fun and they love it, they do it out of fear and or they are unhappy..

Can you please explain this to my horse then.... everyone once in awhile he gets this look in his eyes and then I know that the first chickadee or butterfly to cross our path leads to an eight second wheee!!!!

They also buck when they play, are feeling frisky when the weather cools down etc. It is more than just a 'defense mechanism'.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:
Can you please explain this to my horse then.... everyone once in awhile he gets this look in his eyes and then I know that the first chickadee or butterfly to cross our path leads to an eight second wheee!!!!

They also buck when they play, are feeling frisky when the weather cools down etc. It is more than just a 'defense mechanism'.

So that's why they motivate bronco's with pain, so they can be more frisky and playful?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hassel99 wrote:So that's why they motivate bronco's with pain, so they can be more frisky and playful?
Are they?

http://www.naiaonline.org/articles/arti ... tu61j.dpbs
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well someone asked for stats and what i found was that....quick search on BING and there you go
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “North Okanagan”