Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Protesters at IPE against mini chuck-wagons

Post by Fancy »

The request was for stats on animals - not people.
Another site regarding flank straps:
http://www.rodeotasmania.com/facts.php
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I don't care what anyone says about flank straps..kind? bs..if you had one tightened on your privates/nether regions or whatever, you would be doing some fancy stepping! The flank is one of the most sensitive spots on a horse.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

How can anyone defend using animals for sport??????
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Xia33 wrote:I don't care what anyone says about flank straps..kind? bs..if you had one tightened on your privates/nether regions or whatever, you would be doing some fancy stepping! The flank is one of the most sensitive spots on a horse.

They aren't around the privates. The flank strap is a soft sheepskin strap that is around the "waist" of the horse or bull. It's designed to make the animal kick out instead of belly kick. Kicking out is a totally natural thing and gives a better ride. It's tightened about the same as if you put a belt on and tightened one notch too tight.

Seriously - if you put a rope around your junk, you wouldn't be able to move. The flank "tickles" it doesn't hurt.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I do know the anatomy of a horse...and I do know that the flank is very sensitive....so if horses love this and it is in their DNA, why the need for the strap? "Tickle"? Lol You said it....makes for a "better" ride....and that is part of the marking. But this is about mini chucks.....and it is only a matter of time before one may trip, upsetting the whole team and there will be injuries.... As in all chuckwagon races, whether held in a small area or big track....with mini's or tb's. Imo only, of course
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

0gopogo wrote:How can anyone defend using animals for sport??????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equestrian_sports

What happens to all these horses if all equestrian sports are banned? I hope that answer is worked out beforehand.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:What happens to all these horses if all equestrian sports are banned? I hope that answer is worked out beforehand.

I can't imagine not having horses around for sporting events - they are so much fun to watch never mind competing.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Lotsa fun watching a chuckwagon wreck, especially the part that has horses all tangled up and writhing in pain. Happens every year at the Calgary Stampede and other rodeos.
(gee...I wonder why rodeo attendance is down??)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

0gopogo wrote:Yeah, I suppose you're right. Lotsa fun watching a chuckwagon wreck, especially the part that has horses all tangled up and writhing in pain.
Why would you think anyone would enjoy seeing animals get hurt? There's a lot of different events (as noted earlier) that ARE fun to watch that requires a lot of skill and communication between horse and rider.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I think (hope) you missed the sarcasm in the post.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

0gopogo wrote:Yeah, I suppose you're right. Lotsa fun watching a chuckwagon wreck, especially the part that has horses all tangled up and writhing in pain. Happens every year at the Calgary Stampede and other rodeos.
(gee...I wonder why rodeo attendance is down??)

Rodeo attendance is down? Try getting a seat at the IPE this weekend to watch the rodeo.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

Read my post again. I was referring to the Calgary Stampede.
*sigh*
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

0gopogo wrote:Read my post again. I was referring to the Calgary Stampede.
*sigh*

Oh sorry Ogopogo, I got confused when you said other rodeos in your previous post.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:They shoot them when they fall and they have to be put down. It's a brutal sport.

I used to rodeo and I worked with country vets and I have seen how animals are sacrificed in the interest of entertainment.

There is no fun involved in watching an animal suffer needlessly.

I totally agree with you about a animal suffering. Sadly the animals used are cared for in most all cases better then the pets you see in the fields you drive beside on the highway to get to the Fair and Rodeo.

If you are so totally against animals being euthanized, stop eating, beef, pork, chicken and eggs because they too are in some cases suffering by the way they are raised and hauled to slaughter!
Happytobehere
Fledgling

Post by Happytobehere »

These are small horses running around some pylons for a few minutes. There is no risk to them and it's not even close to what happens at the Calgary Stampede or other events. It's probably no worse than a dog jumping hurdles at a dog show. Perhaps you should check it out and become informed.

Return to “North Okanagan”