Hell

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Re: Hell

Post by jimsenchuk »

There is no hell or heaven, you just move on to another dimension, or plateau, your spirit never dies.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

We are conscious energy having a physical experience in a holographic Universe. We are the author, director and star of our own movie. Life will be whatever you believe it will be and so will your death.... until you wake up to the fact that it was all a dream of your own making and get back in the game of having a physical experience in the holographic Universe. You are your own god. There are no others. Unfortunately, we don't know that because we were never taught so most of us create our lives by default: as society expects us to, to follow the rules of a rigged game.
Quantum physics has shown that physical reality does not exist in the physical without an observer and that the observer can alter that reality by intention and focus. We have been living for millennium in a colossal lie (the Matrix) and it is time to wake up from the nightmare and to the awesome power and creativity of our minds. Religion was designed to keep you from knowing yourself, to keep you looking outside of yourself for answers, for redemption and salvation. It is has always been about control and those who play that game are terrified that we will wake up and take back the control of our lives and become self-empowered.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

cliffy1 wrote:We are conscious energy having a physical experience in a holographic Universe.

*snip*

WWe have been living for millennium in a colossal lie (the Matrix) and it is time to wake up from the nightmare and to the awesome power and creativity of our minds. Religion was designed to keep you from knowing yourself, to keep you looking outside of yourself for answers, for redemption and salvation. It is has always been about control and those who play that game are terrified that we will wake up and take back the control of our lives and become self-empowered.

I'm interested to know how this has worked out for you.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

JayByrd wrote:I'm interested to know how this has worked out for you.

Could you be a little more vague? How have you beliefs worked out for you? What a silly question.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

cliffy1 wrote:Could you be a little more vague? How have you beliefs worked out for you? What a silly question.

Okay, a fair point. Have you experienced this personally, or do you just believe it to be true? Have you found that your life actually is what you believe it will be? Have you been able to alter reality? Is there a learning curve to doing this, or is it just a light bulb moment?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Oh boy we are going to the WOOO WOOO side.

I was going to market my semi precious stones as having been

"purified by washing in Oyama Spring Water in the light of the full moon".

Evidence rules, if you are going to spout stuff, give us evidence!
We're lost but we're making good time.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

JayByrd wrote:Okay, a fair point. Have you experienced this personally, or do you just believe it to be true? Have you found that your life actually is what you believe it will be? Have you been able to alter reality? Is there a learning curve to doing this, or is it just a light bulb moment?

A person can read thousands of books and all he will have are words, some knowledge and a lot of conflicting information. There is no truth in books. Truth is a personal experience, so yes, I have had plenty of personal experiences. I started my "education" back in the 60s, in the 70s and 80s I lived in the forest and spent a lot of time with old school medicine people of the indigenous variety. I was exposed to and was taught shamanic practices of several different tribes and I have practiced and taught those practices.
At the same time I studied psychology, quantum physics, metaphysics, history and much more. When trying to explain something to someone without experience it is useful to present a scientific explanation. Either a person is interested enough to want to experience and will seek help in that direction or they will feel it is not for them. It is simple: how you experience life is exactly how you believe it should be. If, like I Think, you don't believe it is possible to step outside "normal" reality, you will never be able to experience anything but normal reality. If you have a suspicion that there is more to reality than what your 5 physical sense show you and you want to experience the out of the ordinary, then you can be trained to do so.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

ImageWhich one will you choose?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:ImageWhich one will you choose?

There was a great amount of truth in that film if one looks at it as a metaphor of our culture. It was based on the philosophical writings of many of humanity's greatest philosophers. But then, those who think they know all the answers are not open to learning something new.

I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Besides being full of christians, my idea of hell also contains a liberal(lol) sprinkling of raging radical rightists attempting to please harper and bush in ways too obscene to be printed for the tinder eyes of castyournet.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

there is a place in hell for people who blieve in mulcair the liar ha ha.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Our political parties reflect many religious;

Heaven .... Conservatves
Purgatory . Liberals
Hell ........ NDP

The 56 passenge NDP and Liberal "GET HARPER" bus is known as "Hell on Wheels".
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Green = Paradise.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

I was hoping to find a christian person explain what hell is...can one of you christian folks describe hell to me? what is it, what does it look like, what do you do all day there? And who goes there and why? Don't tell me it is a fiery place, I want details, the more the better! I am serious, I would like a christians view on what hell actually is.

I remember years ago my daughter, who was maybe 4 at the time, was playing at the playground and some other girl showed up and started playing with her, that other girl asked my daughter 'do you believe in god?' and my daughter said 'no', and that little girl told my daughter that she would be going to hell because she doesn't believe in god.

Is this typical behavior for christian parents to teach their kids?

I feel as parents you cannot cram religion down your kids throats, I don't care what you believe in, your kids deserve to be able to make that choice on their own, and they should have the resources provided so they can make an educated decision on the matter. Saying 'I believe this, and so will you', is crap and selfish!

I am the furthest thing from christian, but I kept a bible in the house so my kids could read it if they wanted to, when one of my kids started asking a lot of questions about god, I put her into a religious youth group so she could get the answers she wanted that I was not able to give her and I asked her if she would like to go to church. I certainly did not name call and belittle her for wanting to learn something new. It would be nice if christian people would also do the same and teach kids to RESPECT other peoples opinions, just because I am agnostic or atheist does NOT give you or your kids the authority to spout off crap remarks.
streetpreacherj

Post by streetpreacherj »

The Bible is clear that Hell is, in it's main definition, the Lake of Fire that consumes the wicked period.
Having said that, the Bible also depicts Hell as the time on Earth that is most unpleasant, as well as the grave.
The Bible says Jonah cried to the Lord, out of hell, for deliverance when trapped in the belly of the whale. Some drug
addicts, prostitutes, children living with abusers, and the like will refer to their lives as a living hell. Still, Hell's
main definition is the Lake of Fire that consumes the wicked. I would quote verse and chapter but that would be
to easy. Do your own study and see if I'm not accurate.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”