It's a New Day for Canada

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

It's a New Day for Canada

Post by I Think »

Lets hope Prime Minister Trudeau can turn things around and make Canada into the country we can be proud of.
We're lost but we're making good time.
logicalview
Guru

Re: Its a New Day for Canada

Post by logicalview »

I Think wrote:Lets hope Prime Minister Trudeau can turn things around and make Canada into the country we can be proud of.

I don't think there's much to really turn around, and if you aren't proud of Canada then I feel sorry for you.
Not afraid to say "It".
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

logicalview wrote:
I don't think there's much to really turn around, and if you aren't proud of Canada then I feel sorry for you.

While I generally get a kick out of your comments, and agree many times, I disagree with your comment. This country of ours has alot to not be proud of. We were once the go to country for peacekeeping, and now, because of Harper, we are just another country using force upon another for nothing more then wanting to sit at the adult table to eat. Our country today is not thought about in the same way as we once were. I think we can both agree on that.
While I will still say Canada is one of the greatest countries in the world, I will also say I am not fully proud of her, but I look forward to see what happend in the future to hopefully change that.
But, thank you for feeling sorry for us. If you truly felt the Conservatives were our saving grace, being our long term, now complacent government, I must say, " I feel sorry for you".
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Despite all the shenanigans the Conservatives amazingly won 99 seats.
Conservative policies didnt necessarily lose this election, turning Ottawa into a dysfunctional circus did.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

jamapple wrote: Our country today is not thought about in the same way as we once were. I think we can both agree on ".

I travel quite a bit, and I can say that our country is still thought of the same way we once were, whatever that even means. This whole peace-keeping thing is a red herring, as I doubt most people outside of Canada even know we are known for that, if indeed we ever were, really. I also think that people who claim that they aren't proud of Canada should really give their head a shake. They are being horribly gullible, and falling for partisan rhetoric.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

There's nothing wrong with Canada. Do you seriously think that things are going to be a lot different under Trudeau? Not likely. He'll throw out some token scraps to keep everyone happy for awhile, but then reality will kick in and he'll realize that he can't upset the apple cart.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Its been so long wonder if First Ministers can remember what a First Minister meeting is. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

And why do people keep dredging up this peacekeeper crap? This isn't 1950 or 1960. The world is a much different place now than it was back then. We've built up this mythology of the peaceful, polite Canadian who lives in a pristine environment where there's no pollution or rednecks. Bull. We're no different than anyone else now. Travel and mass media are creating cultural homogeneity and the stereotypical Canadian doesn't exist any more (if they ever did).
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The Cons say glad we did not get the NDP.

The Libs say we won, we won..now?

The NDP say glad the Cons are gone.

The Bloc says...nuts to evrybody..sovereignity a dead issue. Duceppe not elected.

The Greens say time to blend into the best environmental party.

The people say change the system, or bring the Greens and NDP into cabinet..Or?

A system forcing all MPs to work together..We AlL win.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Not even 24 hours since Trudeau won the election and the Harper supporters are already whining. It's going to be a long 4 years. I know exactly what you are going through. You will survive.
And like Donald G has said many times Canada is the best country in the world and you're lucky to live here, stop complaining.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

When can we start legally buying weed, man?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well I doubt he will be able to do 2 things

Leagalize Pot.... He said that he wants to do it the proper way....but doubt it will happen cause the US will probably say something to him about it.

Next

He promises that he will "tell off" Putin to his face. HAHAHA....I would love to see this and the response that he gets back from Putin...If any. Probably wont happen because again...The US will have something to say about it.

He better get this spending quick before interest rates go through the roof. but the one thing he said that he wants to do within 100 days of being leader is reform the tax structure for Canadians.

I guess we will see...I hope he does the Putin thing...thats what he promised.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Not even 24 hours since Trudeau won the election and the Harper supporters are already whining. It's going to be a long 4 years. I know exactly what you are going through. You will survive.
And like Donald G has said many times Canada is the best country in the world and you're lucky to live here, stop complaining.

Liberal supporters have been complaining non-stop for 10 years. Just goes to show you that Conservative supporters are just as bad in that department.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Not even 24 hours since Trudeau won the election and the Harper supporters are already whining. .

Really? Who is whining exactly? And you really have some nerve talking about whining, as the sob-fest going on here after the 2011 election was downright embarrassing. All everyone talked about then was how 60% of the country didn't vote for Harper. 60% of the country didn't vote for Trudeau, but you don't see anyone having an issue with that now. Why is that? Not the slightest bit hypocritical? If anything, I'm kind of surprised at how so few people are getting mad or worked up about Trudeau winning, aside from you of course, who seems to want to create issues that don't exist.
Not afraid to say "It".
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 20th, 2015, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder

Return to “Political Arena”