It's a New Day for Canada

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Its a New Day for Canada

Post by Glacier »

No one is whining in this thread. Even the NDPers sound upbeat.

george++++ wrote:The Cons say glad we did not get the NDP.

The Libs say we won, we won..now?

The NDP say glad the Cons are gone.

The Bloc says...nuts to evrybody..sovereignity a dead issue. Duceppe not elected.

The Greens say time to blend into the best environmental party.

The people say change the system, or bring the Greens and NDP into cabinet..Or?

A system forcing all MPs to work together..We AlL win.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:Liberal supporters have been complaining non-stop for 10 years. Just goes to show you that Conservative supporters are just as bad in that department.

Just as bad eh. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. To even come close to the Liberal and NDP whining we've seen in the past four years it would take a monumental effort, as it has been like nothing I have ever seen before.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

I Think wrote:Lets hope Prime Minister Trudeau can turn things around and make Canada into the country we can be proud of.

get ready to open your wallet real wide..............
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Better to open your wallet wide then what we have had to endure opening with Kernel Klink at the wheel.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Glacier wrote:Liberal supporters have been complaining non-stop for 10 years. Just goes to show you that Conservative supporters are just as bad in that department.

Harper supporters were so angry in their replies to other parties supporters even when Harper was in office. I can't imagine what it will be like now that Trudeau is in power.
Anyways .. yes it's a New Day for Canada.
Sunny ways my friends. Sunny ways.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Justin Trudeau called Obama today and told him we're pulling out of Iraq and Syria.

Day one.

Canada's back.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The argument still stands. 40% of the vote should not result in nearly 2/3 the seats. I sure hope he's still singing the electoral reform song and not deciding to withhold on that.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Glacier wrote: Just goes to show you that Conservative supporters are just as bad in that department.

And it hasn’t even been 24 hours. Too bad I couldn’t stick around for the next four years to watch the aneurisms, but I’ve been invited to pursue other opportunities that necessitate my bidding adieu. I’m not expecting any miracles from our new PM, but like most people I’m just glad Harper’s destructive and disparaging rule has come to an end. Is Trudeau the man? He delivered a good speech last night but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Prime Minister of Canada. Big job. I wish him well.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

I see Justin has gotten his first endorsement deal since being elected PM.!
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Atomoa wrote:Justin Trudeau called Obama today and told him we're pulling out of Iraq and Syria.

Day one.

Canada's back.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... ok-with-it

Hes trying to throw his weight but Obama really doesnt care....hes out in a year anyways. Someone elses problem after that. Still want him to tell off Putin...now that would be interesting.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I thought that all three leaders acquitted themselves well last night. Stephen Harper seemed relaxed and relieved as he paraphrased the words that John Turner spoke in a concession speech a few decades ago when he said that the people are never wrong. I believe Turner's words were "The people are always right" but same idea. Mulcair hit the right tones in his speech as well although there weren't that many supporters in the room so the scene was somewhat subdued. I liked what Trudeau had to say about "sunny ways" and when he said, "Conservatives aren't our enemies. They're our neighbours" I thought that was spot on. One of the reasons that the Liberals won was because people are tired of the left/right bickering and the lack of civility in our politics. Hopefully sunnier and more civil days lie ahead.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Atomoa wrote:Justin Trudeau called Obama today and told him we're pulling out of Iraq and Syria.

Day one.

Actually, this isn't even remotely true. What Trudeau said was that Canada was going to end their combat bombing missions with the six aging crates that the Air Force has over there. I am sure Obama got a great laugh out of that one, almost as big as Putin will get.

So no, Canada isn't pulling out of Iraq and Syria.

Canada's back.

Hoo-rah. Where did it go?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

It is nonsense to believe that Liberals do not do "bickering".

And until the systems change, it will just continue.
Watch it on the parliament channel.

Monsieur Trudeau has quite the task ahead of him to fulfill most of his promises.
Great Expectations. I wish him the best for all our sake, and advancing generations.

The NDP was right in their position of centrism. If they had proposed
four deficit budgets, the screaming would go on and on. And their vote lower, still.

People voted polls and often with little reason.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Omnitheo wrote:The argument still stands. 40% of the vote should not result in nearly 2/3 the seats. I sure hope he's still singing the electoral reform song and not deciding to withhold on that.

Best check your math. Libs won 54% of seats, not 66%
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Day one.

Canada's back.

That's awesome, but it's not done yet. But it will be awesome if he actually does it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Political Arena”