It's a New Day for Canada

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: It's a New Day for Canada

Post by JLives »

GordonH wrote:If one is qualified to do the job, it should not matter the gender.

And we're about to get to a place where we can really say that because women and minorities will actually get the chance to show off just how qualified they are. You can't say women weren't qualified previously if the majority of the positions were handed to men.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

JLives wrote:. We get competence, intelligence, empathy, understanding and a sense of adventure.

Competence and intelligence? Who are you talking about exactly?

Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote: We got rid of the worse Canadian PM in history.

No, that happened in 1984.
Not afraid to say "It".
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

There is all kinds of talk about 'qualifications' for being a candidate, being elected as an MLA, MP, a cabinet post, even being a premier or prime minister. I am REALLY curious to know what kind of 'qualifications' these applicants should have and how they should prove that they have them?

Should they have graduated? University creds? Been employed in the private sector or public sector for years? What about having started and kept a flourishing roofing business? Volunteering in soup kitchens, doing social work for years? Being Pres of the CoC in your town/city? Having been a card carrying member of the party for a decade or so? What is wrong with having been a housewife, a single father, with political interests? Should they demonstrate having long years as a lobbyist for a particular enterprise with connections or a legislative reporter who has covered politicians for years?

I am Just Curious.....
Chill
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Meanwhile the man did a really solid job of running a campaign, there is every reason to expect that to continue in his Prime Ministership. I wish him well, especially since it may make our country a better place.
We're lost but we're making good time.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

logicalview wrote:
Competence and intelligence? Who are you talking about exactly?

Oh I forgot to add sense of humour. Thanks for the reminder.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Nice hair vs. Lego Hair.

Was there ever really a choice?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Sour grapes griping.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Atomoa wrote:Nice hair vs. Lego Hair.

Was there ever really a choice?

This from the guy who wrote this, only a few days ago:

I'm not voting Liberal because their plan is to borrow billions of dollars from their private banker friends.

The taxpayer gets to pay back the interest on those private loans. It's a giant welfare check for the banks.

One of the many things that has amused me in the past two days is all of the sudden "born again" Liberals that are popping up, that only a few weeks ago were spouting the kind of gibberish you see above, and fear-mongering about Trudeau. Now it's nice hair vs lego hair.

I honestly don't think much of Jenny's opinions, as I find them vacuous and horribly naive, but at least she got on the Liberal bandwagon before it was suddenly cool.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

JLives wrote:
Oh I forgot to add sense of humour. Thanks for the reminder.

and if Harper had done the same pratfall all of the anti-Harper loons here would be making fun of him. But if Justin throws himself down a flight of stairs and looks totally ridiculous doing it, he's just a hilarious guy with a great sense of humour. One of the things that frustrated Merry to no end through out the campaign was how the Liberals could basically say and do whatever they wanted the entire campaign, and no one held them to any account. Justin has been a Teflon candidate, now we'll see how long he can stay a Teflon PM. One things for sure, he's going to be facing two pit vipers in the House now, Mulcair and Harper, who are licking their wounds, and are going to be coming back with a vengeance.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:Sour grapes griping.

No one's grapes are sourer than yours George. Even up until the very end, you kept pushing your hopeless NDP cause. I find it priceless that suddenly you feel you are now on the Trudeau team. Just priceless.
Not afraid to say "It".
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

We agree!

Mulcair will come back.

Not Harper...never.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:We agree!

Mulcair will come back.

Not Harper...never.

Mulcair will come back. You bet. In Liberal red. Many here have predicted it, and I think they are right. That ugly orange- puke-colored party just does not suit him.
Not afraid to say "It".
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

logicalview wrote:
and if Harper had done the same pratfall all of the anti-Harper loons here would be making fun of him. But if Justin throws himself down a flight of stairs and looks totally ridiculous doing it, he's just a hilarious guy with a great sense of humour. One of the things that frustrated Merry to no end through out the campaign was how the Liberals could basically say and do whatever they wanted the entire campaign, and no one held them to any account. Justin has been a Teflon candidate, now we'll see how long he can stay a Teflon PM. One things for sure, he's going to be facing two pit vipers in the House now, Mulcair and Harper, who are licking their wounds, and are going to be coming back with a vengeance.

If Harper did that, he'd be in the hospital. I like that we have a Prime minister in good physical shape. He's healthy and it helps for a sharp mind and stress relief as well. These are qualities to aspire to.

How can you say nobody held them to any account when at the beginning of the campaign they were in third place? They were held to plenty of account but they still won. And I'm not pro-Liberal. I would have been happy with either the Liberals or NDP taking the reigns and made my choice based on the leading party in my riding right before the election. And I'm glad he'll be facing strong opposition, that's how it should be.

There is one thing for sure. You remain a Conservative shill.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Time to unite the center left.

Even though I am still not a Liberal fan.

Liberal Democrats?

Return to “Political Arena”