Trudeau invites premiers to Paris climate talks

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau invites premiers to Paris climate talks

Post by I Think »

Monday's surprising Liberal majority has cleared the path for an invigorated Canadian presence at the United Nations climate conference, known as COP21, that begins Nov. 30.

Trudeau, who was not part of the premiers' conference call, promised to invite the provincial leaders to Paris if elected, recognizing the leading role provinces have taken on the climate policy front over the past decade.

The Liberal leader also said he would consult his provincial counterparts before the summit, but it was not clear Thursday that a full first ministers' meeting is feasible, or even necessary, in the 40 days remaining.
We're lost but we're making good time.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trudeau invites Premiers to Paris climate talks.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

and how much is this going to cost? The one thing I really disagreed with was wasting money on stupid "climate conferences" like this Paris nonsense. I really hope that everyone isn't going there for a big party on the taxpayers' dime, but that's all these "climate conferences" really are, a big party for the world elite at taxpayer expense.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

As far as climate conferences go i'm guessing all the hot air generated from IT will do more damage.
As far as getting around the premiers more i think in the long game it'll be far more beneficial.
The money i think is negligible considering the last 10 yrs of waste.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Green Barbarian wrote:and how much is this going to cost?

What, you aren't into the 100% wall-to-wall Marxist agenda 21?

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Well this didn't take long for MR world traveler to take a vacation at tax payers expense.!
Of all the things he has promised to do this is his priority ? going to be a long four years.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Justin talked about this in his one on one interview with Peter Mansbridge during the campaign. I posted about it at the time because his comments were so ridiculous. He said that all the of preimiers would go with him to Paris and they would go with a unified position. How in the world does he plan to do that in a little over a month? Shouldn't he be a little too busy finding out the first thing about running the country? Does he just think that he will speak and everyone will listen and agree? It really shows how utterly naive he is and how little (read no) experience he has in leading, well, anything. I am not a fan of David Suzuki, but that fact that he called Justin a twit and told him he was all over the map with regards to climate change during a phone conversation says to me that he would have no chance of unifying the premiers anytime soon. But folks, that is our new PM's number one priority.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Just watch him!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Just watch him!

You mean this guy?

While Justin is in Paris dancing with the premiers and bending over for the climate change elitists, Puty will be taking over the entire North. It will be hard to tell him off to his face to get out of Tuktoyaktuk if he's sitting there in a Russian tank.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/201 ... 65292.html
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I wonder how much CO2 Pony Boy Justin emits when he puffs joints thinking this *bleep* up?

Maybe we should make him buy carbon credits?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I believe our climate is changing, I remember body of water where my family home is would freeze over solid enough so Dad could clear off an area with tractor & bucket.
Now last time it froze enough to do that was back mid 80's.
So how much of this change is just normal earth cycle and how much has/was humans contributed. Each side of this debate argues they are right and other side is wrong.

This planet has been going back & forth from one ice age to interglacial for millions of years.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Add to that Hurricane Patricia the strongest hurricane to hit the Pacific in recorded history and so late in the season.
We're lost but we're making good time.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I Think wrote:Add to that Hurricane Patricia the strongest hurricane to hit the Pacific in recorded history and so late in the season.

recorded history? How long has mankind ever cared about recording Hurricane wind strength? About 10 years? It seems now that every hurricane that makes land-fall is a "new record" and "the strongest in recorded history", which just smells like an attempt to justify the gross amount of BS we've been fed by the alarmist nutbag AGW crowd.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I Think wrote:Add to that Hurricane Patricia the strongest hurricane to hit the Pacific in recorded history and so late in the season.

Gven the law of averages, there are so many climatic variables that with 100 years of data, there will be record floods, storms, droughts, temperatures, etc. every month somewhere in the world.

We just went through the longest hurricane drought in history. Was that caused by climate change? Probably not. Was the strongest hurricane in history caused by climate change? Probably not. Should we do more to reduce pollution? Absolutely!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:Gven the law of averages, there are so many climatic variables that with 100 years of data, there will be record floods, storms, droughts, temperatures, etc. every month somewhere in the world.

We just went through the longest hurricane drought in history. Was that caused by climate change? Probably not. Was the strongest hurricane in history caused by climate change? Probably not. Should we do more to reduce pollution? Absolutely!

I agree with everything you said. I will add: "Should CO2 be considered as "air pollution" when every living plant and tree on earth requires it to survive? Of course not!"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

You require oxygen to live. But 100% pure oxygen will kill you. You require water to live, but you'll drown if you're in too much of it.

Let's be realistic here
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Political Arena”