New Federal Cabinet

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

New Federal Cabinet

Post by George+ »

Any comments on the new Ministers?

I wonder about Defence. and maybe Foreign Affairs?
logicalview
Guru

Re: New Federal Cabinet

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:Any comments on the new Ministers?

What do you wonder?
Not afraid to say "It".
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

We need to wait and see as to WHAT they do and HOW they do it before casting judgment. Only thing that is for sure, is that they will not be getting much sleep in the next little.

There is a big learning curve for some and a lot of pressure to balance the interests of the constituents who elected them with the broader interest of the country and the economic and foreign realities can get in the way of delivering on all expectations.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

they will do a good job, much better then anything ndp could do.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

George+ wrote:Any comments on the new Ministers?

logicalview wrote:What do you wonder?

I wonder how JT thought that Stephane Dion would be the right guy to handle Foreign Affairs? His bumbling performance as Liberal leader cost him the chance to be PM, and now he is going to be Canada's representative on the world stage?

Indeed...
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Retrosnap wrote:
I wonder how JT thought that Stephane Dion would be the right guy to handle Foreign Affairs? His bumbling performance as Liberal leader cost him the chance to be PM, and now he is going to be Canada's representative on the world stage?

Yeah that one had me scratching my head too. Not sure why we want Inspector Clouseau as our foreign point-man. I am assuming that this was a back-room favor Justin had to do to secure his support in the leadership race.
Not afraid to say "It".
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Time will tell if the choices made for each position was good or not so much, since they have not done anything in any of those position. I will reserve my comments to later date
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

I've met Kent Hehr (Minister of Vet Affairs and Associate Defence) before, and I'm not sure you could find a harder working, more understanding person for that role.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I was hoping that Stephen Fuhrer would have made the cut. If men weren't limited to 50%+1 of cabinet he might have.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Glacier wrote:I was hoping that Stephen Fuhrer would have made the cut. If men weren't limited to 50%+1 of cabinet he might have.

Did you mean Stephen Fuhr ?
30 positions .. 180 MP to choose from. Regardless of limitation he might not have made it anyways.
I guess we'll never know for sure.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Did you mean Stephen Fuhr ?

Yes. All three BC cabinet positions come from the Lower Mainland. In the spirit of regional representation, it would have been great to have him at the table. Aw well, there's always cabinet shuffles that inevitably take place.

Interesting to see Lawrence MacAulay in cabinet. I thought Trudeau said he wasn't going to have any pro-life MPs in cabinet. I guess he's grandfathered in or something.

I like Marc Garneau as transportation minister. Maybe he'll get some some really fast rocket-like roadways!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Early still - but 3 puzzling appointments:

Jean Yves Duchos for Families Children and Social Development? Not sure what qualifications an academic economist brings to this ministry.

Stephan Dion: Foreign Affairs - smart man but bit challenged communicating for such a sensitive post.

Maryam Monsef: Great personal story but not sure what constitutional law experience she brings to Democratic Institutions Ministry if it is going to be responsible for electoral and senate reform

Patricia Hajdu - Status of Women . Did we really need this new ministry?
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Will be interesting to see the mandates of each renamed or new ministry.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.3303609

new minister of justice is former chief of national assembly . looks like fn can do more than drink and be lazy mr truth mr static and mr smurf and mr dong

Return to “Political Arena”