Christian calls for gays to die

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Christian calls for gays to die

Post by maryjane48 »

janalta
Übergod

Re: Christian calls for gays to die

Post by janalta »

Religion just makes no sense to me.
So much hatred and judgement, and it's not just this church or a few churches, or even a handful of crazy fundamentalists.
Just so far from what I was taught as a child in the united church.

It's , just sad.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

whats more amazing is after this fool made his rant , out walked 3 of the republican canidates running for president . cruz and two others
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Video doesn't work, but from the comments so far I have gathered that a Christian called for the death of gays, and Ted Cruz and 2 others walked out. Good for them. Probably like only 0.003% of Christians, 0.002% of atheists, and 10% of Muslims think gays should be executed.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Glacier wrote:Video doesn't work, but from the comments so far I have gathered that a Christian called for the death of gays, and Ted Cruz and 2 others walked out. Good for them. Probably like only 0.003% of Christians, 0.002% of atheists, and 10% of Muslims think gays should be executed.

Not walked out of the speech...walked out onto the stage with this bigot - in support.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

See nextpost ((damn fingers on small touch screen)
Last edited by kgcayenne on Nov 12th, 2015, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

This:
Attachments
mobileimage.jpg
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

A Christian wrote;
Probably like only 0.003% of Christians, 0.002% of atheists, and 10% of Muslims think gays should be executed.

Demonstrating part of the reason that the middle east is frustrated with the west. Making up unfounded zenophobic drivel such as this does nothing to promote any rational discussion/thought between ethnicities.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I Think wrote:Demonstrating part of the reason that the middle east is frustrated with the west. Making up unfounded zenophobic drivel such as this does nothing to promote any rational discussion/thought between ethnicities.

Fine, i'll rephrase in a more tolerant frame of mind. 1% of Muslims, 2% of atheists, 10% of Jews, and 40% of Christians think gays should die. Therefore, 99% of Muslims, 98% of atheists, 90% of Jews, and 60% of Christians think gays should live.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

janalta wrote:Religion just makes no sense to me.
So much hatred and judgement, and it's not just this church or a few churches, or even a handful of crazy fundamentalists.
Just so far from what I was taught as a child in the united church.

It's , just sad.

A half century ago the United Church I went to had a lesbian minister. They later followed up and made it official.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_ucc.htm

a task force on sexuality presented its report In God's Image...Male and Female. It concluded: ..."there is no reason in principle why mature, self-accepting homosexuals, any more than mature, self-accepting heterosexuals, should not be ordained or commissioned.". The General Council called for more study.

Representatives of homosexual groups across Canada formed Affirm, a mutual support group of United Church homosexual members.

"That in and of itself, sexual orientation should not be a factor determining membership in the Order of Ministry of the United Church of Canada"

Things change sometimes, trying to paint the United Church today as being hateful and homophobic is sad, very sad.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

He must be secretly Muslim because Christians are the most peaceful religeon throughout history.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Static wrote:He must be secretly Muslim because Christians are the most peaceful religeon throughout history.

There will always be fools who believe the world would always have been at peace without religion and that if Bush never stated that God told him to invade Iraq he wouldn't have. I could rob a bank in the name of Static and I guess you'd be the bad one... wow, that's easy.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Fine, i'll rephrase in a more tolerant frame of mind. 1% of Muslims, 2% of atheists, 10% of Jews, and 40% of Christians think gays should die. Therefore, 99% of Muslims, 98% of atheists, 90% of Jews, and 60% of Christians think gays should live.

Tripe
We're lost but we're making good time.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I Think wrote:Tripe

Hey at least it's not racist since we all know that Islam is a race.

- Douglas Murray
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

All real Christians, believe all people have the freewill to choose how they will live their own lives. God gave us that freedom. Does God approve of all our actions? No. All real Christians know Jesus will judge mankind and its not ANY humans place to do so. Any christian who disagrees with me better check the book.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”