Cruz knows less about climate sc. than a kid

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Cruz knows less about climate sc. than a kid

Post by Glacier »

So anyway, back on topic. In my opinion, this is the hokiest study ever conducted. How can you look at what a guy says publicly, and conclude that they are as stupid as a kindergartner. I could search Partmanpartfish's posts and conclude he's as stupid as 5 year old in Math. Ya, he never got any facts wrong, but still he hardly ever talked about Math on here so obviously he doesn't know how to add and subtract. Therefore, he's a stupid kindergartener. QED.

Heck, I could probably conclude the same thing about my posts. I too am a stupid 5 year old.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This "study" is a joke, but it started with a preferential bias to begin with, so no surprise.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

^
You need to read better.
The statements made by the candidates were rated anonymously. Their understandings of climate change were based on statements they have made publicly.

I don't think anyone believes Ted Cruz is stupid. Unfortunately, this is US primary season, and the GOP candidates have to say things--no matter how stupid--that appeal to the stupidest people on earth: Conservative Americans who vote in the primary process.

Ted Cruz is saying things that he probably knows to be false, but he also knows these falsehoods appeal to the backwater, inbred, idiots who support him.
highway001
Fledgling

Post by highway001 »

Glacier wrote:The fact is that you are defending a liar. Anyone who defends liars has no interest in looking for truth in my opinion.

Haha so you think he's a liar because you ignore every piece of evidence I posted that proves Steyn is a crook...becase Mann is a liar... because Steyn says so. Your circular logic is baffling.

Also since you and GB are ardently defending the truth...
If Mann's reported untruths whip you into a frenzy...why do you give Steyn a pass when I, his lawyers a few judges and everyone attached to him demonstrate he is dishonest? Your selective outrage is curiously strange.
Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

highway001 wrote:Haha so you think he's a liar because you ignore every piece of evidence I posted that proves Steyn is a crook...becase Mann is a liar... because Steyn says so. Your circular logic is baffling.

Perhaps you could tell me something Mark Styen lied about. No one has found a lie of his that I know of, but the truth will hopefully come out in court. We all know that Mann lied about winning a Nobel prize.

Moving on, can you honestly say that Ted Cruz knows less about climate change than 1st grader? Okay, so someone says that he actually knows stuff, but he's lying to get votes. Fair enough, but why not post the "lies" that he has told to make him sound like a lying kindergartner? What criteria was used in the study? What do kindergartners know about climate change? In the article Ted Cruz stated that the satellite data shows no warming in 18 years, which is true, but I suppose a Kindergartner knows this, and would respond, "GISS and HADCRUT show that the warming has slowed, but not stopped; 2015 could be the warmest year on record, weighing in at 0.02 degrees warmer than the previous record."

Damn, kindergartners are really smart these days! They sure didn't teach me this type of stuff when I was that age!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Partmanpartfish wrote:^
You need to read better.

LOL - ok sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:Perhaps you could tell me something Mark Styen lied about. No one has found a lie of his that I know of, but the truth will hopefully come out in court. We all know that Mann lied about winning a Nobel prize.

10/10. But don't expect these deep thinkers to grasp what you are saying. They are too mired in their AGW religion to ever see outside their tiny little boxes.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Cruz knows squat about climate science and green b is right there with him.
We're lost but we're making good time.
highway001
Fledgling

Post by highway001 »

Glacier wrote:Perhaps you could tell me something Mark Styen lied about. No one has found a lie of his that I know of, but the truth will hopefully come out in court. We all know that Mann lied about winning a Nobel prize.

Ok.

The first line in his book.

"Over the last 10,000 years it has been warmer than today 65 per cent of the time." A quote by Patzelt. 100% cherrypicked and out of context. Patzelt confirms this.

Ok your turn...he lied about a Nobel Prize.

His bio read:
He shared the Nobel Peace Prize with other IPCC authors in 2007.

It now reads:
He contributed, with other IPCC authors, to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007.

Ummm really. That's his big lie? Grammatical nuance...shared vs contributed.

His book states: [Mann] jointly received the Nobel Peace Prize along with other scientists who participated in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change…

He shows off the certificate. Strange claims about him adding in text surface....then

IPCC says: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself.

Ummm what is your issue with award?

Where is your rage for Steyn misleading his audience????

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Partmanpartfish wrote:^
You need to read better.

The Green Barbarian wrote:LOL - ok sure.

The post was meant to point to Glacier's. But you got in the way with another of your throwaways that once again stated absolutely nothing of value.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

highway001 wrote:Ummm what is your issue with award?

Where is your rage for Steyn misleading his audience????

There's a huge difference between being misinformed and lying/misrepresenting. Mann is no better than Reza Aslan when he says he is a PhD in the history of religions. Almost true is still a lie.

As for Steyn, of course he suffers from confirmation bias (as we all do), but he's not deliberately misrepresenting the truth as far as I can tell.

On that line, I think Mann is not lying about Cruz being as stupid as a kindergartner. He probably sincerely believes it, but I have a hard time believing this is true that Cruz is that ill informed. What to they teach kids in kindergarten these days? I thought kindergarten was about colouring and writing numbers, not learning about complex science. No wonder why people can't seem to spell and do math these days.
- Douglas Murray
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Given that Ted Cruz has degrees from Princeton and Harvard...the only thing one can conclude from his remarks about climate science is that they are pure and crass political opportunism. That certainly fits with his penchant for political grandstanding.

Stepping back a bit, Ted Cruz represents what is so rotten about about US politics. Especially since "Citizens United". He appears to care naught for truth, simply and shrewdly calculating the potential vote counts. He knows the Teapublican base is what will win him the nomination. Therefore the truth and/or logical argument go out the window as he panders to that base by saying whatever it is he discerns they want to hear. As a Senator he has repeatedly pulled stunts that belie his education (and implied intelligence) but appeal very strongly to the die hards in the Teapublican party that actually vote in Republican primaries.

It is actually nigh on to impossible to figure out what Ted Cruz actually believes in.

John McCain's description of Ted Cruz as a "wacko bird" is a bit of fun, but Cruz actually has a lot of background and accomplishments that make that a characterization that does not fit.

The only thing that seems to fit is Ted Cruz doing and saying whatever the moment demands to further Ted Cruz.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
highway001
Fledgling

Post by highway001 »

Glacier wrote:There's a huge difference between being misinformed and lying/misrepresenting. Mann is no better than Reza Aslan when he says he is a PhD in the history of religions. Almost true is still a lie.

As for Steyn, of course he suffers from confirmation bias (as we all do), but he's not deliberately misrepresenting the truth as far as I can tell.

Ok firstly thanks for a good post. I can get on board with this line of thinking.

Steyn twisting quotes to match his beliefs goes a little further than confirmation bias I'd say. I think he's to good a salesman and can craft his argument well. Yet under direct scrutiny it falls apart (a few judges and lawyers agree). His argument is a house of cards and I think he's smart enough to know he's dishonest.

Reading both of Mann's bio lines, do you personally find it a lie. Maybe it's my bias I'm willing to admit it, but I just don't see the big deal. Neither sentence conveys ownership of the award nor sole custody of it.

Good comparison to Aslan...I still love that great Fox News interview. His degree says sociology but his thesis was religious studies.

Again I don't see those examples being a lie...needing clarification maybe. But so grevious the degree as to condemn any statement by them seems like a knee jerk reaction.

Oh Im pretty sure climate science is right between snack and story time in our new BC curriculum.

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

cruz attended a speech about how gays must die along with 2 other gop presidential canidates . i would say heis insane not dumb .

Return to “Political Arena”