China tears down THOUSANDS of crucifixes

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

China tears down THOUSANDS of crucifixes

Post by averagejoe »

China tears down THOUSANDS of crucifixes in crude bid to eradicate Christianity!

More than two thousand crosses have now been forcefully removed from churches as part of a government campaign to regulate “excessive religious sites”.

The nation’s leadership launched the crusade to eradicate Christianity in the coastal province of Zhejiang almost two years ago.

Several members of the public have since been arrested for attempting to halt the government's crude attempt to suppress the Christian faith.

Full story....http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/659 ... ristianity
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
pepsilover
Übergod

Re: China tears down THOUSANDS of crucifixes

Post by pepsilover »

Thanks for posting this. I've known for some time that Christians have been persecuted especially in China but whenever I mention it, nobody seems to believe it.
Interesting that China is more fearful of Christians than Islamic believers. I wonder if they are tearing down mosques too.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

I like pictures. They are always unquestionably truthful. No one could ever photoshop it or take a picture out of context and place it as propaganda in any way.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The job of a skeptic generally comes down to critical examination of doubtful claims.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

I especially trust publications with spelling errors.

Top Notch Journalism!!

"At the time Release international, which aids prosecuted Christians across the globe, expressed concerns over the Chinese Government's merciless approach to remove the religious symbol from the city of Wenzhou, which is known as the Chinese Jerusalem for its strong Christian presence.

Chief executive of Release international, Paul Robinson, said: "There are concerns that this campain to curtail the visable Christian precens in the province could gather momentum and spread across China."

Persecuted, prosecuted...same diff.

Campain, campaign.... You know, one of those big words.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The job of a skeptic generally comes down to critical examination of doubtful claims.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/11/world ... .html?_r=0

Local church members now say they have been told that free-standing crucifixes are being taken down from all Protestant and Roman Catholic churches across Zhejiang Province.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

... so?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Go China.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

cross, crucifix... Same diff.

I agree with Even Steven in any case. Go China!!!
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Healthyskeptic wrote:cross, crucifix... Same diff.

Wow, on the same page you go from doubting the story to this... nothing like having strong convictions.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

zzontar wrote:
Wow, on the same page you go from doubting the story to this... nothing like having strong convictions.

BINGO! They believe in nothing at all and are jealous of those who believe in anything outside themselves. Generally very self-centred and self-involved human beings with a strong sense of entitlement in the world.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Healthyskeptic wrote:cross, crucifix... Same diff.

So you believe in persecution for one's faith and in intolerance. AND you are proud of it. Good to know.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

Yeah, it would be such a loss to China if they didn't get the chance to brainwash their children and have tax free pedos there.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Healthyskeptic wrote:Yeah, it would be such a loss to China if they didn't get the chance to brainwash their children and have tax free pedos there.

Tax free pedos? You saying Christians are pedos? This certainly gives me some insight as to your hatred of Christianity, just remember not every Christian is a Catholic priest (or an atheist boy scout leader).

Try a little common sense, and tolerance.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

pepsilover wrote:
Tax free pedos? You saying Christians are pedos? This certainly gives me some insight as to your hatred of Christianity, just remember not every Christian is a Catholic priest (or an atheist boy scout leader).

Try a little common sense, and tolerance.

You can say all Christians are pedophiles and wish they would all be eradicated, but try saying you don't agree with aboriginal funding and watch how fast it gets deleted.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Try to stay on topic please. Really, it's not that hard.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”