Total B.S.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Total B.S.

Post by Gixxer »

As a pastafarian I find this very offensive.

http://www.castanet.net/news/World/1633 ... a-religion
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Total B.S.

Post by Fancy »

The "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was first described in a satirical open letter written by Bobby Henderson in 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.[7] In that letter, Henderson satirized creationism by professing his belief that whenever a scientist carbon-dates an object, a supernatural creator that closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs is there "changing the results with His Noodly Appendage". Henderson argued that his beliefs were just as valid as intelligent design, and called for equal time in science classrooms alongside intelligent design and evolution.[8] After Henderson published the letter on his website, the Flying Spaghetti Monster rapidly became an Internet phenomenon and a symbol of opposition to the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.[9]
Wikipedia
Interesting that a satirical letter made such an impact.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

In order to qualify for a religion, you actually have to believe it. Not a difficult concept really.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Gixxer wrote:TOTAL B.S.

We finally agree on something. LOL!
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Fancy wrote:Interesting that a satirical letter made such an impact.

Thanks for re-directing me. :smt045
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

I saw it, therefore I believe.

" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Ha !
Laugh all you want...he's been captured in real photos and videos.
Not too many deities you can say that about. :hailjo:
8537594_G.jpg

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”