Science must destroy religion

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Science must destroy religion

Post by Gixxer »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Apr 16th, 2016, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Back on topic please. Subject line - science must destroy religion. Do you see Easter Bunny, Santa, or the Tooth Fairy? Nope, didn't think so.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

Why scientists accept evolution. hint: because there's evidence.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The job of a skeptic generally comes down to critical examination of doubtful claims.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

Evidence for evolution.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The job of a skeptic generally comes down to critical examination of doubtful claims.
Healthyskeptic
Fledgling

Post by Healthyskeptic »

Evolution and the Evidence for it!!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i can say it easily to the person that asked .it doesnt matter in my opinion if stephan hawking believed in god i would say same about him also .because in the context i used it , it was not a view of someones inteligence . science as far as i think has already put gods to bed
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

OREZ wrote:
My observation is that some atheists simply have a lack of belief because they feel they have lack of evidence and I'm fine with that. However, some atheists do seem to have a belief system which causes them to seek out, mock and belittle anyone of faith. They're just not alright with anyone one who has a view which contradicts their own which absolutely insists that there is no God.

Simply lacking faith or belief would not compel someone to actively (and sometimes obsessively) pursue this course, in my opinion. If a person does not believe in something for which they feel they have no evidence they would just leave it at that instead of feeling that they're obligated to go on some sort of mission to eradicate the world of it.

This has been explained, many times over, in the past few weeks here.
You seem to simply refuse to either listen to what we are saying, or you choose to ignore it and continue with your own opinion of why people may do or say certain things.

It has nothing to do with people having different views, or believing different things.

It is the constant barrage of religion , religious views and religious morality being pushed in our faces on a daily basis.

We have as much right to live a life completely and absolutely free from religious indoctrination, proselyting, preaching and judgement.
Religious freedom also means being able to live a life free from religion.

My lack of belief in god is not simply about a lack of evidence, that is typical of a very narrow view of how others think.
It encompasses so much more than no physical proof or evidence - including the fact that in my way of thinking, it is simply an absurd myth that I can not grasp anyone buying in to.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It is the constant barrage of atheism , atheist views and atheist morality being pushed in our faces on a daily basis.

We have as much right to live a life completely and absolutely free from atheist indoctrination, proselyting, preaching and judgement.
Religious freedom also means being able to live a life free from atheism.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Glacier wrote:It is the constant barrage of atheism , atheist views and atheist morality being pushed in our faces on a daily basis.

We have as much right to live a life completely and absolutely free from atheist indoctrination, proselyting, preaching and judgement.

How had atheism effected your religious freedom?
hail Satan y'all
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Farmmaa wrote:
It is the constant barrage of religion , religious views and religious morality being pushed in our faces on a daily basis.

Could you explain how this is happening to you?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

whatwhat wrote:How had atheism effected your religious freedom?

It doesn't. Just pointing out how silly the the quote is. Freedom of religion means you have the freedom to practice or not practice a religion. It does not guarantee freedom from religion or freedom from any viewpoints you don't like.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

zzontar wrote:Could you explain how this is happening to you?

I think too many people are watching the clown show south of the border where religion is being abused by Republicans to turn back the clock on hard won human rights. Of course those clowns are the antithesis of Jesus teachings but nonetheless They want to impose their twisted views on everybody. Even in Canada we have Christians publicly trying to stop gay marriage and abortions, etc. I understand the atheist view that speaking out is a form of self defense against the constant attempts to interfere in government policy to push a Christian agenda. It annoys me too. North American missionaries go to Africa and pressure governments to pass laws to outlaw gays and hand out harsh punishments and death sentences for gays. So ya, Christians are trying to undermine our basic human rights by trying to force the rest of us to conform to their twisted ideology, which has nothing to do with what Jesus stood for.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm pretty sure that African countries are quite capable of throwing gays off roofs on their own without missionaries telling them to do it.
- Douglas Murray
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:It is the constant barrage of atheism , atheist views and atheist morality being pushed in our faces on a daily basis.

And you are intelligent enough to know that your post is complete nonsense.

You are also intelligent enough to know that religion is in our faces constantly in our society - publicly, politically, socially, personally.
If you can't see that, then you need to open your eyes and take a look from the other side.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Farmmaa wrote:And you are intelligent enough to know that your post is complete nonsense.

You are also intelligent enough to know that religion is in our faces constantly in our society - publicly, politically, socially, personally.
If you can't see that, then you need to open your eyes and take a look from the other side.

And surely you are intelligent enough to know the difference between freedom of religion and freedom from religion. If you really want to avoid religion in society, stay away from the Religion & Spirituality section on Castanet lest you read something that doesn't level with your safe space.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”