Human / Religious origins

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
looking4one
Übergod

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by looking4one »

looking4one wrote:Since you like reading bible quotes to support your beliefs.
Exodus 20

Do you also believe in Exodus 21?
Exodus 21English Standard Version (ESV)

Laws About Slaves
21 “Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. 2 When you buy a Hebrew slave,[a] he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. 3 If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. 5 But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

averagejoe wrote:In the King James version, which is the one I read...it doesn't use the word slave..it uses the word master or servant.

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

8 If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

So therefore; your version better suits your needs?

averagejoe wrote:
This why I use the King James Bible, compiled in 1611.

History is being rewritten, including Bibles. In this case they rewrote 6% of the Bible...Hummmm

Nice try again!

Your version may have been compiled in 1611, but when was it written and in what language are the originals that it was compiled from?
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote: Your version may have been compiled in 1611, but when was it written and in what language are the originals that it was compiled from?

So what...that was the language that was spoken at the time and was beautifully written!

Your new version is being re-written to make controversy and to change the meaning of the God inspired writings of old....

To the new secular way of thinking in theories that are just fairy tails.... :D
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

You still have not answered my question.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

looking4one wrote: Your version may have been compiled in 1611, but when was it written and in what language are the originals that it was compiled from?

averagejoe wrote:So what...that was the language that was spoken at the time and was beautifully written!

Your new version is being re-written to make controversy and to change the meaning of the God inspired writings of old....

To the new secular way of thinking in theories that are just fairy tails.... :D

This makes it two of my questions that you have not answered.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

So I can't read your mind....please spell out your 2 questions?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Here, let me help you:
The King James Version (KJV), also known as the Authorized Version (AV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.[a] The books of the King James Version include the 39 books of the Old Testament, an intertestamental section containing 14 Biblical apocrypha, and the 27 books of the New Testament.

I have hand fed you the info, now will you please answer the questions?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote:Here, let me help you:

The King James Version (KJV), also known as the Authorized Version (AV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.[a] The books of [color=#0000FF]the King James Version include the 39 books of the Old Testament, an intertestamental section containing 14 Biblical apocrypha, and the 27 books of the New Testament.

I have hand fed you the info, now will you please answer the questions?

Ok....lets see if I get this right...

It took 7 years to write the Kings James version.

39+14+27=80.

Did I get the 2 questions right? :smt045

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

When did human/religious origins change to math? Oh wait, it didn't - back on topic now. Thanks.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

oneh2obabe wrote:When did human/religious origins change to math? Oh wait, it didn't - back on topic now. Thanks.

Great idea...Thanks oneh2obabe!

looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

averagejoe wrote:Ok....lets see if I get this right...

39+14+27=80.

Nope, you have not addressed either of the questions you were asked. What you have proved is that: You are unworthy of ANY type of consideration of validity or ability to carry on a conversation with. Thank you for proving my point. Have a good day.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

averagejoe wrote:Ok....lets see if I get this right...

39+14+27=80.

looking4one wrote:Nope, you have not addressed either of the questions you were asked. What you have proved is that: You are unworthy of ANY type of consideration of validity or ability to carry on a conversation with. Thank you for proving my point. Have a good day.

Your just mad because you think you could fool me...

See I can count! :138:

looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

AND that has to do with the topic......how?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

looking4one wrote:AND that has to do with the topic......how?
:138:

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Only going to repeat this one more time - GET. BACK. ON. TOPIC. NOW.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Proof please.....just another fairy tail cliffy

I posted it and there are hundreds more where that came from but what is the point when all you are going to do is write silly nonsense like this. Adios.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”