Islam's View on Homosexuality

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
pepsilover
Übergod

Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by pepsilover »

In light of recent terror attacks by an Islamic extremist at a Florida gay nightclub, along with the fact that both the president and our prime minister believe gays were targeted, I think it is prudent to know how Islam views homosexuality and especially how it views homosexuality in the 'The West' (as we Sodom and Gomorrah-ites are known to Islamic scholars for the most part).

This is an Islamic source and provides an Islamic perspective. What is quite chilling about this particular article is how much and how thoroughly Islamic scholars have studied Islam in the 'West'. They consider it a pretty big problem that needs to be "addressed". In fact you will find the word "address" throughout this article. This indicates Islamists feel they must DO something about homosexuality in the West. This is a very small snippet below, much more at the link, and if I were gay I would make this required reading for myself and any gay friends I might have.

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm

<We as Muslims need to state unequivocally and unambiguously that homosexuality is a deviant behavior and that there is not even an iota of doubt that Islam condemns the behavior.

* The most important thing for us as Muslims is that Islam is not our ethnicity, it is our religion which regulates our lives and from which we derive our values.

* Even though our religion allows us latitude, more than most, to ponder and reconsider some issues, homosexuality is clearly and explicitly condemned by the Quran (7:80-83, 11:77-79), the Prophet, and his progeny.

* When we have a conflict with the Quran, which is the word of God verbatim, we do not ask where the Quran went wrong but rather why are we, limited beings, in conflict with the wisdom of the absolute, God Almighty.

* As Muslims we do not make up our religion, but we receive it and we obey it.
<snip>
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by pepsilover »

<snip> The Qur'an and Homosexuality:

There are five references in the Qur'an which have been cited as referring to gay and lesbian behavior. Some obviously deal with effeminate men and "masculine women." The two main references to homosexual behavior are:

"We also sent Lut : He said to his people : "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." Qur'an 7:80-81

"What! Of all creatures do ye come unto the males, and leave the wives your Lord created for you? Nay, but ye are forward folk." Qur'an 26:165

Both references relate to gay sexual activities; lesbian practices are not mentioned in the Qur'an.

Lut is referred to as "Lot" in the Hebrew Scriptures. This passage is an apparent reference to the activities at Sodom and Gamorah. It seems to imply that there was no homosexual behavior before it first appeared in Sodom. This is a uniquely Islamic concept; it does not appear in Jewish or Christian beliefs. The passage also links the sin of Sodom (the reason for its destruction) to homosexuality.That linkage is contradicted by other verses in the Hebrew Scriptures.

The Hadith and homosexuality: The Hadith are collections of sayings attributed to Muhammad. Many Hadiths (ahadith) discuss liwat (sexual intercourse between males). Two examples are:

"When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes."

"Kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to." (in reference to the active and passive partners in gay sexual intercourse)

There is at least one mention of lesbian behavior mentioned in the Hadith: "Sihaq (lesbian sexual activity) of women is zina (illegitimate sexual intercourse) among them."

Traditionalist orthodox Muslims generally claim that the Hadith literature contains the authentic sayings of Muhammad. Many liberal Muslims doubt their authenticity. The latter might point out that during the times of the first Caliphs, Muslims did not know what to do with individuals guilty of "liwat/lutiyya". No sahabi (companion) of Muhammad could quote a saying or decision of Muhammad relating to this question
<snip>
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

How do Christians and the bible view homosexuality?

(Sorry to burst your anti-Muslim hate bubble.... Not!)
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

one section in holy bible says to stone gays to death .
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

cliffy1 wrote:How do Christians and the bible view homosexuality?

The irony is strong, for the good old Christian bible says the same...no...worse.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Nothing wrong with differing opinions on Islam's view.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Cry and deflect all you want. Can't change the fact that the Islamics hate your guts if you are gay. I did not write the Qu'ran.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

cliffy1 wrote:How do Christians and the bible view homosexuality?

From first post: "This is an Islamic source and provides an Islamic perspective."

I agree, it's hate.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

pepsilover wrote:Cry and deflect all you want. Can't change the fact that the Islamics hate your guts if you are gay. I did not write the Qu'ran.

Don't actually see any crying, but whatever.

One also can not change the fact that homosexuality is considered a vile act punishable by death by many religions.....nothing but a cover for hatred...in the name of god of course.

One religion's hate and intolerance is no better or worse than any other's....it is all disgusting and disturbing.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Christian Pastor's view on homosexuality:

Now let me just be real clear: I’ve never advocated for violence. I don’t believe in, you know, taking the law into our own hands. I would never go in and shoot up a gay bar — so-called. I don’t believe it’s right for us to just be a vigilante… But I will say this: The Bible says that homosexuals should be put to death, in Leviticus 20:13. Obviously, it’s not right for somebody to just, you know, shoot up the place, because that’s not going through the proper channels. But these people all should have been killed, anyway, but they should have been killed through the proper channels, as in they should have been executed by a righteous government that would have tried them, convicted them, and saw them executed. Because, in Leviticus 20:13, God’s perfect law, he put the death penalty on murder, and he also put the death penalty on homosexuality. That’s what the Bible says, plain and simple.

So, you know, the good news is that at least 50 of these pedophiles are not gonna be harming children anymore. The bad news is that a lot of the *bleep* in the bar are still alive, so they’re gonna continue to molest children and recruit people into their filthy homosexual lifestyle

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... his-world/
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

While I agree that parts of the Bible aren't much better at least our society has started to separate the church and state. That's a huge stepping stone unlike Islam followers that pepsilovers' article is talking about.

* The most important thing for us as Muslims is that Islam is not our ethnicity, it is our religion which regulates our lives and from which we derive our values.

A gay person has no rights and will be put to death without so much as a hiccup because according to their laws which are based on the Koran it is allowed.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Right, it's all about the Qu'ran , because Christians have separated religion and politics and are so much more loving and accepting - according to the teachings of their bible.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/heres-h ... n-orlando/

You simply can not slam or generalize the stance of one religion on things like homosexuality and ignore the fact that this attitude, this bigotry and this intolerance is a problem shared by most major religions.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 14th, 2016, 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: start a thread on Christian views on homosexuality.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:Right, it's all about the Qu'ran .

As pointed out in the seed post, in the context of the recent terror attack at a gay Florida nightclub, yes it IS all about the Qu'ran.
Flailing your arms in the wind is entertaining but do you even care about the ideology that was ingrained in the man that killed these people? Time to wake up to reality I'm afraid and get off your hate Christian bandwagon. It's getting old.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

pepsilover wrote:
As pointed out in the seed post, in the context of the recent terror attack at a gay Florida nightclub, yes it IS all about the Qu'ran.
Flailing your arms in the wind is entertaining but do you even care about the ideology that was ingrained in the man that killed these people? Time to wake up to reality I'm afraid and get off your hate Christian bandwagon. It's getting old.

Since the shooter was homosexual, we are only guessing as to what his motive was.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”