Islam's View on Homosexuality

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by Even Steven »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Since the shooter was homosexual, we are only guessing as to what his motive was.

Shooter was homosexual?
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Even Steven wrote:Shooter was homosexual?

It's all over the news. The View is talking about it right now.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:It's all over the news. The View is talking about it right now.

The story I've read it that he's been in the club a few times and used gay dating apps.

Which to me isn't a sign of homosexuality more of obsession and careful planning. If somebody was to shoot up a place I'd imagine they make sure to go inside, plan out the routes, size up the place, and watch potential victims dance while picturing killing them.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Qu'ran can be cherry picked by extremists for verses which support extremism, intolerance and hatred. The extremists will ignore the verses which tell followers/believers to love one another and let God be the judge.

This does not seem to me to be any different from how other religious texts can be used.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Even Steven wrote:[
The story I've read it that he's been in the club a few times and used gay dating apps.

Which to me isn't a sign of homosexuality more of obsession and careful planning. If somebody was to shoot up a place I'd imagine they make sure to go inside, plan out the routes, size up the place, and watch potential victims dance while picturing killing them.

Or a sign he was struggling to come out of the closet.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Even Steven wrote:Shooter was homosexual?

It's looking likely. If so, imagine growing up in a home, as this man did, where your family and church community believes, as his did, that homosexuals are evil and god wants them to die.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

pepsilover wrote:As pointed out in the seed post, in the context of the recent terror attack at a gay Florida nightclub, yes it IS all about the Qu'ran.
Flailing your arms in the wind is entertaining but do you even care about the ideology that was ingrained in the man that killed these people? Time to wake up to reality I'm afraid and get off your hate Christian bandwagon. It's getting old.

Poor crucified Christian sentiments again.
Get over yourself. The only reference to Christianity in the context of this discussion was brought up to point out your hypocritical comments toward Islamic hate demonstrated in the Quran.
Your god isn't even accused of being involved with this travesty, and I don't see any arms flailing.

The mentally disturbed perpetrator apparently made reference to a competing deity but I'll bet it's going to come down to his inner struggles with sexuality and Islam's view on homosexuality.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

I really have to ask myself what kind of people do not care about the deaths of these people. As stated in the first post in this thread:

"In light of recent terror attacks by an Islamic extremist at a Florida gay nightclub, along with the fact that both the president and our prime minister believe gays were targeted, I think it is prudent to know how Islam views homosexuality and especially how it views homosexuality in the 'The West' (as we Sodom and Gomorrah-ites are known to Islamic scholars for the most part)."

If it's good enough for the president and the prime minister, it's good enough for me. I haven't heard either of them say the shooter was a homosexual, but I have heard he has had ties to ISIS or other terror groups that are INSPIRED OF ISLAMIC IDEOLOGY.

Why don't you care? Sure looks heartless from where I sit. Now you are screaming that the shooter was a homosexual. Is this a bad or good thing????? Are we supposed to understand your opinions these days? Because now you are attacking homosexuals, as well as Christians and ignoring the obvious, Islamic terrorists, inspired of Islam's ideology. At first the the shooter is a psycho nutjob, now he's a homosexual. Before it was a hate crime, now it's not because he is a homosexual????? At some point you are going to have to GET REAL. It was a targeted terrorist hit against gays during Pride month, and I would bet you will see more attempts like this. Security is stepped up all over North America, it's on the news every night and yet YOU DON'T CARE. Wow. Hypocrites or what.

IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING, YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING. Yep! Make up your minds.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Boda wrote:
Poor crucified Christian sentiments again.
Get over yourself. The only reference to Christianity in the context of this discussion was brought up to point out your hypocritical comments toward Islamic hate demonstrated in the Quran.
Your god isn't even accused of being involved with this travesty, and I don't see any arms flailing.

The mentally disturbed perpetrator apparently made reference to a competing deity but I'll bet it's going to come down to his inner struggles with sexuality and Islam's view on homosexuality.

It isn't me that needs to get over myself, it's you and a few others:) I'm doing well thank you.

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 14th, 2016, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

That's why it's advisable not to jump on any bandwagons and wait for facts to come in. Nobody is "screaming" that he is a homosexual. They were simply informing you that your facts are wrong. That's why all I have said on it is that it's a horrible tragedy. I want the proper information so I can avoid jumping to wrong conclusions.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

pepsilover wrote:I really have to ask myself what kind of people do not care about the deaths of these people. ...

I think you'd find we care very much.

It seems unlikely this wasn't about homosexuality, and we are very much in agreement that his family's religion, Islam, played a role. Whether this man was homosexual or not, he was raised in an environment in which an extreme and literal interpretation of the Qu'ran was used to justify and promote hatred of homosexuals.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 14th, 2016, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

This is not about Islam but about the prevalence of bigotry in all religions and in society in general. Some Christians are just as culpable in this as anybody else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxj8y5ctmiE
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 14th, 2016, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:This is not about Islam but about the prevalence of bigotry in all religions and in society in general. Some Christians are just as culpable in this as anybody else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxj8y5ctmiE

It's 100% about Islam. Read the thread title again and get back to us.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”