Islam's View on Homosexuality

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by sobrohusfat »

cliffy1 wrote:...Christians...

Farmmaa wrote:...Christian ...

Farmmaa wrote:...Christian...

Farmmaa wrote:...Christians...

cliffy1 wrote:...Christians...

With the shouts of "Allahu Ackbar" resonating in the midst of Islamist bloodshed this type would still automatically mutter "...Dang Christians"

Just bizarre.

twonks.jpg
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Sobro...Try actually using the quotes in context.

Read the remarks and announcements by Christians about not only this tragedy, but about homosexuals in general.

There is NO DIFFERENCE in the philosophy between what the Qu'ran and the Bible teach about homosexuality...none.

No one is blaming Christians, nor are we deflecting this horrific event.....we are stating simply that this is NOT an attitude claimed solely by Muslims.

For anyone to suggest that if people don't agree that this is a Muslim or Islamic problem, then they obviously are heartless, is absolutely insane.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

except for the fact that you have to ignore the growing pile of bodies (homosexual or otherwise) to make the claim that there in "no difference" in "attitude"

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

sobrohusfat wrote:except for the fact that you have to ignore the growing pile of bodies (homosexual or otherwise) to make the claim that there in "no difference" in "attitude"

Since 2005 there have been over 300,000 killings in the US. There have been less than 100 attributed to terrorists. The majority of terrorists attacks in the US are attributed to white, Christian radicals.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:Sobro...Try actually using the quotes in context.

Read the remarks and announcements by Christians about not only this tragedy, but about homosexuals in general.

There is NO DIFFERENCE in the philosophy between what the Qu'ran and the Bible teach about homosexuality...none.

No one is blaming Christians, nor are we deflecting this horrific event.....we are stating simply that this is NOT an attitude claimed solely by Muslims.

For anyone to suggest that if people don't agree that this is a Muslim or Islamic problem, then they obviously are heartless, is absolutely insane.

That's exactly what you are doing, and what many others are doing. Use Google. Made me sick to see not just the ACLU but other groups literally SCREAMING it is the fault of Christians. Sorry if we take that one personally but you should be able to figure out why. The fact anybody is using this to perpetuate their hate towards Christians, in the face of such obvious hypocrisy and idiocy, is the insane one.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

cliffy1 wrote:This is not about Islam but about the prevalence of bigotry in all religions and in society in general. Some Christians are just as culpable in this as anybody else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxj8y5ctmiE

"Society in general" huh? Then that makes YOU just as culpable as anybody else, doesn't it.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

cliffy1 wrote:The majority of terrorists attacks in the US are attributed to white, Christian radicals.

Dang those white supremacist anti-government Amish.

Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

pepsilover wrote:
That's exactly what you are doing, and what many others are doing. Use Google. Made me sick to see not just the ACLU but other groups literally SCREAMING it is the fault of Christians. Sorry if we take that one personally but you should be able to figure out why. The fact anybody is using this to perpetuate their hate towards Christians, in the face of such obvious hypocrisy and idiocy, is the insane one.

No where have I even hinted slightly that this attack was the fault of Christians, so do not lump me or anyone else here in with anything you happen to google, thank you.

We are saying ONE THING...no need to twist words or meaning...one thing - and that is that the teaching of the bible is no different than the Qu'ran when it comes to homosexuality.

How you mange to twist that somehow into blame is beyond me.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 15th, 2016, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: discussing fellow posters not the topic
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

there was a christian pastor calling for more peoe to have died at the nightclub .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... didnt-die/
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:
No where have I even hinted slightly that this attack was the fault of Christians, so do not lump me or anyone else here in with anything you happen to google, thank you.

We are saying ONE THING...no need to twist words or meaning...one thing - and that is that the teaching of the bible is no different than the Qu'ran when it comes to homosexuality.

How you mange to twist that somehow into blame is beyond me.

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 15th, 2016, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not bait posters.
manmade
Fledgling

Post by manmade »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 17th, 2016, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Dont Christians have the same views on Homosexuality?

pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Getting back on topic (the Christian bashing just gets old and boring when it permeates every thread).

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Persecution_o ... uals_(Iran)

<snip> 4,000 lesbians and gays have been executed since the 1979 Islamic revolution. Methods of execution include; beheading, chopped in two, stoning to death, burning alive, and being thrown alive from a high building[edit]

Of the Islamic states that ban lesbian and gay sex, Iran is the most zealously homophobic. Since 1980, when the fundamentalists came to power under the leadership of Ayatollah Khomeini, over 4,000 lesbians and gay men have been executed, according to estimates by the exiled Iranian homosexual rights group, Homan.
In the early 1980's, for example, 70 people were executed after they attempted to set up a lesbian and gay organization. Nearly 100 homosexuals were sentenced to death in 1992 following a raid on a private party.
. . .

Lesbians and gay men living in countries dominated by the New Dark Ages of Islamic fundamentalism cannot afford the liberal luxury of tolerating religious fanaticism. For them, the politically correct arguments about "cultural sensitivity" smack of surrender to the extremists who jeopardize their freedom and even their lives.
<snip>

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has repeated his claim that there are no gay people in Iran, and added that perhaps CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer, who asked the question, might be “in contact” with people who engage in gay sex.
In 2007, while speaking to students at Columbia University, Ahmadinejad asserted that there are no gay people in Iran.

“In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who has told you we have that,” he said in response to a student's question on the death penalty Iran imposed on gay people.

During a news briefing, Blitzer referenced Ahmadinejad's previous comments, then asked, “Could you tell us, are there homosexuals in Iran?”
“My position hasn't changed,” Ahmadinejad responded. “In Iran, homosexuality is looked down upon as an ugly deed. Perhaps there are those who engage in such activities and you may be in contact with them and more aware of them, but in Iranian society such activities, thoughts and behaviors are shameful. Therefore, these are not known elements within Iranian society. Rest assured, this is one of the ugliest behaviors in our society. It is against divine will, divine teachings of any and every faith, and it is certainly at the detriment of humans and humanity. But as the government, I cannot go in the streets and stop my population and ask them about specific orientations. So, my position is clear about that.”

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Tells CNN's Wolf Blitzer That Gay Sex Is 'Shameful'
On Top Magazine, September 23, 2011<snip>

So you see, it isn't some 'weirdo imam' on a UK streetcorner. It's the presidents of muslim countries saying these things.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

So it's ok for a person of Christian faith to bash another religion on their view on homosexuality, but when someone points out that the Christian faith has hatred for homosexuality they get all sensitive and offended. Bhahah now thats hilarious

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”