Home owner confronting possible thief?

RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Home owner confronting possible thief?

Post by RustyCrayon »

There have been so many stories in the news about property theft and break & enters lately. Wonder if this home owner was simply confronting a would be thief?

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/168674/Violent-early-morning-fight
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Home owner confronting possible thief?

Post by dontrump »

RustyCrayon wrote:There have been so many stories in the news about property theft and break & enters lately. Wonder if this home owner was simply confronting a would be thief?

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/168674/Violent-early-morning-fight

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 20th, 2016, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try posting without the inflammatory remarks.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

A likely scenario.

Tho it sounds like he did more than just "confront" this individual.
electricguy

Post by electricguy »

The young man will not make it
Sad news in the Comments

https://www.gofundme.com/2adhpvg
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Not sure what that 19 year old was doing in the driveway but I am sure it didn't warrant a beating with a baseball bat within an inch of his life...maybe a call to 911 would have been the best course of action when he saw someone in the driveway. Now the teen will likely die and the homeowner who did the beating will likely serve time in jail, violence solves everything doesn't it. I feel really bad for that kid and his family, so young, there was just no reason to resort to that kind of violence.

Kamloops RCMP Cpl. Jodi Shelkie said the incident occurred at about 4:50 a.m. when the Holt Street resident looked out his window and saw a male standing in his driveway.

Shelkie said the resident went outside to confront the unwanted visitor and assaulted the man with a weapon.

So far, police have not determined what Simpson was doing in the Holt Street driveway.

“We’re not sure what the victim was doing. He hasn’t been able to verbalize anything,” Shelkie said.

Jessie Simpson, a 19-year-old from Savona remained in a coma on Monday after being beaten, reportedly with a baseball bat, on Holt Street in Brocklehurst in the early-morning hours of Sunday. Kristopher Teichrieb, 39, who police say is a homeowner on the street, has been charged with attempted murder. Teichrieb will appear in court on Thursday.

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Little doubt that Teichrieb is now appreciating that it would have been much wiser for him to have called the RCMP to report a suspicious male than to arm himself with a bat and confront the youth himself. He accomplished nothing other than to [at this point] attempt to murder the young man and face that serious offense in court. He has likely robbed his own family of their future through his actions.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

If I found someone in my yard at 430 am I'd beat him about the knees with the bat and go back inside.
No need to hit em in the head.
They don't learn a damn thing if they're dead.
Crack em in the knees and they'll survive, and they'll never come back.
Win, win.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

on the news it said he chased the kid down the street (off his property) then started beating him..

he already had the kid off his property...he could have subdued him and called the cops, but no, he had to beat him to death...

sounds like this man has some serious mental and anger issues....that earned him a manslaughter charge or first degree murder ?????
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Link?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

here, it's called google (lol)

it was on the news tonight at 5pm...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So no link? That would be a courtesy. Doesn't matter anyway. One cannot use force even to protect property unless your own life is threatened. Even then one would be charged and then go through the court process.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Kamloops RCMP said a fight broke out in the driveway of a home on Clifford Avenue shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday.

The owner of the home, Kristopher Teichrieb, allegedly chased the teen down the street and struck him with a baseball bat. Teichrieb, 39, has been charged with attempted murder.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2776253/kamlo ... with-teen/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Oh I have not doubt what transpired. Why is anyone is someone else's driveway in the middle of the night? Sucks to be the one trying to protect their property.
cpen

Post by cpen »

A bit of an overreaction to say the least. If someone tried getting inside my house with wife or kids around i wouldnt feel too bad taking a baseball bat to them. But chasing someone down and beating them to death is brutal.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

cpen wrote:A bit of an overreaction to say the least. If someone tried getting inside my house with wife or kids around i wouldnt feel too bad taking a baseball bat to them. But chasing someone down and beating them to death is brutal.

I'd say that wasn't the intent but having so many attempts by thieves, one gets a little jaded.

Return to “North Okanagan”