Experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit

Post by sobrohusfat »

37:09 - "There is no one in the world who wouldn't want this"
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: Experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit

Post by sooperphreek »

its funny. 37:09 is the point where it got cheesy for me. i kinda flipped the show to the dreads guy and i liked him. and then i flipped to the 2 guys praying over the girl and it seemed contrived. less organic than the dreads guy.
Gerald Belisle

Post by Gerald Belisle »

Considering there's no evidence of supernatural, a ton of evidence pointing to the fluvians fix of christianity, it seems pointless to watch an hour and a half of people re-enforcing their own delusions in the hope of wrangling vulnerable human beings into this deplorable cult.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

interesting thought gerald. considering that i saw first had examples of a reality I.E healings and things like that i have an understanding what some of the people in the video talked about. but the churchianity thing and healing a girl in the street in the contrived american evangelical church way made me disappointed. there is so much more and i know it. too bad i was kicked out of a church unceremoniously and wont go back.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

sooperphreek wrote:interesting thought gerald. considering that i saw first had examples of a reality I.E healings and things like that i have an understanding what some of the people in the video talked about.

If you understood quantum and Meta physics you would know that healing and other "miracles" are possible in any situation without Churchianity or any other ism. I have witnessed such events in many different settings, some religious, some spiritual and some where atheists did the healing. Nobody has a patent on healing or the truth.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

i can subscribe to that possible truth. i dont think it has to be religious to be possible to do amazing things.
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

Oh, look! It's a miracle!!

Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

Many people have given their hard earned cash to Peter Popoff.
They are sure they'll be blessed with this seed money
See how easy it is to be a charlatan, I mean, minister.
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

Churches. What they are really all about. KAching!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Nomaster wrote:Churches. What they are really all about. KAching!

This was a fantastic segment. Time to tax the church!
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Definitely, the church should be taxed.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

absolutely. the time for their non profit status needs to go. they have gone away from their reasons why they got it in the first place. their social responsibility in modern times is next to nill. they are more worried about prosperity gospels or flat earth science or politics.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Most televangelists are corrupt and greedy. Even hardcore Christians have pointed this out. The vast majority of churches are not like that. They are very small, make no money, and pay the pastor a small salary. The government is better off with the Joel Olsteens getting rich off their gullible followers though because they pay a lot of tax. By contrast, my pastor friend lives on the poverty line, so he collects all the massive government benefit the Trudeau government now gives out to poor families.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”