We Invented Jesus Christ

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: We Invented Jesus Christ

Post by Glacier »

Here are some facts:
1) The theories put forward about British-Israelism by averagejoe have been laughed out of the halls of academia decades ago. It's pure superstition.
2) The theories put forward by most of the atheists in here that Jesus came from Horus have been laughed out of the halls of academia decades ago. It's pure superstition and wishful thinking.
3)Most scholars say Jesus existed. Both secular and Christian sources exist. The difference between secular and Christian scholars is over the idea that Jesus was the son of God.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Glacier wrote:Here are some facts:
1) The theories put forward about British-Israelism by averagejoe have been laughed out of the halls of academia decades ago. It's pure superstition.

LOL....thanks for the plug Glac.....but nothing I have posted has come from BI, except the Stone of Israel under the British Royal Coronation Chair which every King and Queen of Ireland, Scotland and England have been Coronated on it and is also part of the Scottish Royal Treasures. Everything else comes from studying ancient history.....it's all tied together.

And yes those academics laugh nervously. I have numerously debated them and won hands down. I have mentioned next to nothing on BI on here......know your history. Read ancient historians you might learn something....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

St. Columba brought the Stone of Israel/Jacob/Destiny/Scone from Ireland to Iona Island Scotland in and around 563 AD.
....that's almost 1500 years ago.

The Stone is know by 88 names.

The Royal Coronation Chair with Jacob's Stone.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Here Glac! Know your history. This is from a Government of Scotland website.Not a BI website.

The Battle of Scottish Independence was fought over the Stone....

The Stone of Scone

In 1296 Edward’s troops raided Scone Abbey in Perthshire. They were searching for the Stone of Scone – a symbol of Scots’ sovereignty - the coronation seat of Scots kings.

Edward took a personal interest in relics and symbols of nationhood. When he conquered Wales in 1282-3 Edward had the ‘crown of King Arthur’ and other Welsh relics and treasures sent to Westminster in London.

When Edward conquered the Scots in 1296, he took Scotland’s holiest relic - the Black Rood - a piece of the True Cross that had belonged to Saint Margaret. His army ransacked Scone Abbey, recovered the Stone and carried it to England.

Edward had a special chair built to house the Stone in Westminster Abbey. The Coronation Chair, also called St Edward's Chair or King Edward's Chair, was named for Edward the Confessor. A carpenter called ‘Master Walter’ carved the chair from English oak. He was paid 100 shillings.

For hundreds of years kings and queens of England and later Britain have been crowned on the Coronation Chair - sitting above the Coronation Stone. The Stone, a large block of red Perthshire sandstone, is now on display in Edinburgh Castle.

http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/sco ... /index.asp

On St Andrews Day, 30 November 1996, 10,000 people lined Edinburgh’s Royal Mile to witness the Stone of Destiny return to Scotland for the first time in 700 years.

http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/Hi ... f-Destiny/

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Stone of Scone being returned to Scotland....

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Is Jesus just figment of someone imagination or not, who knows.

As for a stone, anyone could have picked a rock from the area Jacob may have been, its just a stone with nothing really special about. Except for claims saying it's stone associated with Jacob.
Since Jacob is not around to back up that claim.... it just remains a theory, nothing more.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GordonH wrote: As for a stone, anyone could have picked a rock from the area Jacob may have been, its just a stone with nothing really special about. Except for claims saying it's stone associated with Jacob.
Since Jacob is not around to back up that claim.... it just remains a theory, nothing more.

Really GordonH, I would have thought a little better from you. But then again you claim to be a Christian and every post you act like a leftist/liberal...Well to the Government of Scotland, the Government of England and Church of England all recognize the Stone as the Stone of Jacob.... :up:

The Stone was taken from Scone by King Edward I of England in 1296 and remained under the Coronation Throne at Westminster Abbey in London for 700 years.

Better tell the Scottish Government it's only a theory....Lol
The Stone is part of Scotland's National treasures! Golly Gee! LOL

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Glacier wrote:Here are some facts:
3)Most scholars say Jesus existed. Both secular and Christian sources exist. The difference between secular and Christian scholars is over the idea that Jesus was the son of God.

Which scholars? Which sources? What do they say? What is the evidence?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The Stone follows the Royal Bloodline of Judah's twin sons Zarah and Pharez to today's Queen Elizabeth.
That is why it is so important as to who they marry.

Sceptre means to rule......Judah bloodline shall rule.

Edward I brings home the coronation stone from Scone.
Last edited by averagejoe on Oct 19th, 2016, 11:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

JLives wrote:Which scholars? Which sources? What do they say? What is the evidence?

Start researching your ancient historians like others do. Going to the library is a good start.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:
As for a stone, anyone could have picked a rock from the area Jacob may have been, its just a stone with nothing really special about. Except for claims saying it's stone associated with Jacob.

averagejoe wrote:Really GordonH, I would have thought a little better from you. But then again you claim to be a Christian and every post you act like a leftist/liberal...Well to the Government of Scotland, the Government of England and Church of England all recognize the Stone as the Stone of Jacob.... :up:

The Stone was taken from Scone by King Edward I of England in 1296 and remained under the Coronation Throne at Westminster Abbey in London for 700 years.

Better tell the Scottish Government it's only a theory....Lol
The Stone is part of Scotland's National treasures! Golly Gee! LOL

Until you have actual first person proof that is actual stone which the only one can give you that is Jacob himself, none of this other is that proof it's just hearsay.
Wow a leftists liberal, I believe that maybe first time I've been called that & thank-you for that good belly laugh I needed that.
As for personal attack on my character, I will not respond to that.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

GordonH wrote:Is Jesus just figment of someone imagination or not, who knows.

(My bold)

It doesn't even begin to meet the criteria for a scientific theory. You got it right in your next post though..

Hearsay

:smt045
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

:admin:
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^ Again, that's total bunk. Hint: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I just Googled Krishna's birthday.

"Based on scriptural details and astrological calculations, the date of Krishna's birth, known as Janmashtami, is 18 July 3228 BCE and he lived until 18 February 3102 BCE."

JLives wrote:Which scholars? Which sources? What do they say? What is the evidence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_knowledge
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Necro wrote:Image

:admin:

The Bible never says anywhere that Christ was born on the 25th of December and every scholar I know about has always said that he was definitely not born in December.

So what's your point?
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”