Christian version of sharia law

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Christian version of sharia law

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... b78627ebf4

well what do we have here ? a father and son accused of rape want the only law book to be used is the christian bible .

now why would these two good christians want to be judged based on a bible of the christian god ? what could possibly be in there that they think they can get off the charge ? could it be there might be pssages that say its ok to be mean or cruel towards females ?
bcpaul
Fledgling

Re: Christian versian of sharia law

Post by bcpaul »

Christians are not calling for this. Obviously these people you mentioned are deranged. 2 crazies are just that - 2 crazies.

Assuming you're a woman, move to an islamic country and post/say anything against islam or your husband, and see what happens to you.
A quick summary of sharia law:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Why is it that crazy leftists support and wanting Muslim laws in America?
Is it part of their war on Christianity?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
spooker

Re: Christian version of sharia law

Post by spooker »

I'm scratching my head here ...

None of my muslim friends have ever expressed a desire to have Sharia law applied here ... the "eye for an eye" thing comes up and the "lose a hand for stealing" comes up ... but that comes up with everyone who wants stronger retribution ...

Yet I can pretty much go to any news site and see someone saying that the bible says this or that and that is the reason that we need this or that law ...

The only people I hear saying that Muslims want Sharia law in North America are Christians ... yet I never hear anyone else bashing Christians for wanting their bible to direct government ...

Don't we have enough to be scared about with the economy that we can leave the religious issues aside?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 31st, 2017, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

thats the alt facts the right like to use . if its christians doing wrong its okay. if its anyone else then by god we will get you lol . buggest hypocrites walk this earth are christians with the other faiths pulling up the rear . [icon_lol2.gif]
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

averagejoe wrote:Why is it that crazy leftists support and wanting Muslim laws in America?
Is it part of their war on Christianity?

Crazy leftists don't want that. Some radical Muslims may, but "crazy leftists" do not.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its all just smoke and mirrors by the rightwing that have gone insane . the true conservatives doont pay attention to that garbage because it is exactly that garbage . i find the fact the rightwing even tries to deny what these to thugs are trying to get away with . its a joke to try just like any muslim in usa demanding to be tried by islamic books would get laughed out to .
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

maryjane48 wrote:thats the alt facts the right like to use . if its christians doing wrong its okay. if its anyone else then by god we will get you lol . buggest hypocrites walk this earth are christians with the other faiths pulling up the rear . [icon_lol2.gif]

And which God are you referring to?

Which "Christian God"? ..........Do you know which god has the greatest number of worshipers?

What is the prevalent god of the natives of Canada?
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

w84u2 wrote: And which God are you referring to?

Which "Christian God"? ..........Do you know which god has the greatest number of worshipers?

What is the prevalent god of the natives of Canada?

I think that the "Christian Gods" is the same one, it's just each prophet's interpretation that changes.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Either way, this is just another dead end topic.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
bcpaul
Fledgling

Post by bcpaul »

maryjane48 wrote:thats the alt facts the right like to use . if its christians doing wrong its okay. if its anyone else then by god we will get you lol . buggest hypocrites walk this earth are christians with the other faiths pulling up the rear . [icon_lol2.gif]

Just sounds like you have a personal issue with Christians.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i have a personal problem with any faith based ideology. i think its immature and a copout to face reality , the fact to inbreds wanted to be judged by a bible is the same as wanting be jufged by sharia law , no diff . the same .
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:i have a personal problem with any faith based ideology. i think its immature and a copout to face reality , the fact to inbreds wanted to be judged by a bible is the same as wanting be jufged by sharia law , no diff . the same .

I think religions promote abdicating one's own responsibilities to life. Everything get dumped on god or his nemesis. It allows you to blame people of other religions, colour, race, political affiliations, etc, etc. Religion is a curse to humanity and our life support system, the biosphere. It is immature and stunts human potential.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”