Does anyone deliver IKEA stuff to Vernon?

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Does anyone deliver IKEA stuff to Vernon?

Post by Captain Awesome »

What do y'all expect, get somebody haul it for your all the way from Vancouver for $9.99?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Amazon seems to have figured out how to deliver merchandise without charging a day or two of wages.

I wonder, then: Is Ikea paying one person to get in a van and drive the item up here?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

If you're making a big purchase, go to the Ikea in Calgary, the money you save in taxes will pay for a Uhaul and fuel ... well, not quite, but still ;)
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jan 14th, 2014, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Captain Awesome wrote:What do y'all expect, get somebody haul it for your all the way from Vancouver for $9.99?

Would be nice to be able to expect somebody hauling it for close to the same price they do in the US (not specifically Ikea, but in general) ... amazing how you can get a set of tires and rims sent from Florida all the way up to the Washington State/BC border for $0.00 but as as soon as it gets on the truck in BC to travel not even 175kms then all of a sudden its $$$$ ... yeah our wages and fuel is more expensive, but not that much more.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Always Sunny wrote:The Ikea shipping rates are complete nonsense.

For example I loaded up my virtual shopping cart with several items I already own (so I know their size/weight).

There is a medium sized desk unit/work station, a large long desk (I use as a vanity), a very large upright shoe rack (solid wood cabinet type that stores about 30 pairs), a duvet and duvet cover.

The total cost is just over $700.00

To ship to my address in Kelowna = $349.00 ($1,050.98 before tax)
To ship to my parents address in Thunder Bay = $125.00 ($826.98 before tax)

Where in the heck are these items shipping from? The closest Ikea to Thunder Bay is in Winnipeg (twice the distance as Vancouver).
there is IKEA in Burlinton Ontario and so is its head office
I miss the days of flat rate shipping. When I lived back home I got an entire bedroom set, a desk, and a rug delivered to my door for $39.99
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Always Sunny wrote:The Ikea shipping rates are complete nonsense.

For example I loaded up my virtual shopping cart with several items I already own (so I know their size/weight).

There is a medium sized desk unit/work station, a large long desk (I use as a vanity), a very large upright shoe rack (solid wood cabinet type that stores about 30 pairs), a duvet and duvet cover.

The total cost is just over $700.00

To ship to my address in Kelowna = $349.00 ($1,050.98 before tax)
To ship to my parents address in Thunder Bay = $125.00 ($826.98 before tax)

Where in the heck are these items shipping from? The closest Ikea to Thunder Bay is in Winnipeg (twice the distance as Vancouver).

I miss the days of flat rate shipping. When I lived back home I got an entire bedroom set, a desk, and a rug delivered to my door for $39.99

I suspect they shipped it from Bloomington, Minnesota since its closer to Thunderbay by 136 Km's
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

^^^ Even so, it's quite a lot further than Vancouver to Kelowna and no border for us to consider out here. How does that justify a shipping cost nearly 3x the cost?

Not sure they'd ship from the US. Ikea prices vary from Canada to the US and not always in favour of the Americans. I've price compared some items I've bought, assuming the US site would be cheaper. Not always the case. There is a different pricing strategy for each country and sometimes we actually benefit. This was all posted by Ikea on their Canadian Facebook page.

I personally stock up when in Calgary. The 7% savings is considerable when purchasing high $$$
willowgayle

Post by willowgayle »

DKModern on Banks road Kelowna had a service where they deliver from Vanc IKEA to Kelowna. Likely would go to Vernon too.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Captain Awesome wrote:What do y'all expect, get somebody haul it for your all the way from Vancouver for $9.99?

Agreed.
Plus, why anyone would willingly pay towards another Fossil fuel burning $200,000.00 rig,
piloted by an uneducated oaf with a death wish is beyond me !

:D
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Creative Endeavours”