Dangerous, disgusting mess

ferri
Forum Administrator

Dangerous, disgusting mess

Post by ferri »

I just finished reading this article. Wow. It sounds like there is a big problem and it's probably going to get worse. I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with this.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#191553
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Dangerous, disgusting mess

Post by the truth »

feces, urine, vandalism , dirty needles, assaults ,on and on it goes , these people do not give a f :cuss: about anything except there next high
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Hard to get past the line "honourable humanitarian efforts to better our community|

How's that working for you ?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

the truth wrote:feces, urine, vandalism , dirty needles, assaults ,on and on it goes , these people do not give a f :cuss: about anything except there next high

Addiction is pretty wicked isn't it? Many homeless people have become slaves to it. As a society, cleaning up poop and needles isn't ok. We need to challenge the problem; addiction.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

There used to be a homeless guy on the westside with his dog who died a few years ago. As far as I heard or could tell, he never left a mess or asked for a handout, and was liked my many. Too bad he wasn't still around to teach these punks some life-lessons.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

zzontar wrote:There used to be a homeless guy on the westside with his dog who died a few years ago. As far as I heard or could tell, he never left a mess or asked for a handout, and was liked my many. Too bad he wasn't still around to teach these punks some life-lessons.

yup :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dirtybiker wrote:Hard to get past the line "honourable humanitarian efforts to better our community|

How's that working for you ?

tell the junkies that,
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

At least downtown Kelowna has a group that can be called to deal with the mess. It shouldn't be left up to employees because there have been needles found in blankets outside businesses (never mind the bodily functions that even Lysol can't eliminate). The current people who are making the mess could care less about learning how to clean up after themselves and wouldn't use a garbage can for its intended purpose.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

I especially like the group that hangs out at the 97 UBCO bus stop at the westbank transit exchange. Nothing like sitting around all day and drinking listerine and bumming smokes from anyone they can. They are there EVERY DAY! it's especially nice to see elderly people standing in the rain or snow (or soon to be heat) because these bums are taking the seats and smoking in the shelters...... :-X
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

zzontar wrote:There used to be a homeless guy on the westside with his dog who died a few years ago. As far as I heard or could tell, he never left a mess or asked for a handout, and was liked my many. Too bad he wasn't still around to teach these punks some life-lessons.

Like how not to soil their own bed.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:feces, urine, vandalism , dirty needles, assaults ,on and on it goes , these people do not give a f :cuss: about anything except there next high

this is what they do, when we are hard at work http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#191577
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

the truth wrote:
this is what they do, when we are hard at work http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#191577

I'll keep an eye out for a guy with a 48 incher in his shopping cart.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

You treat people like animals, kick them when they're down and actually want them to die and you're actually surprised when they behave like animals and don't give a rat's *bleep* about society or you?!?

Jeebus, Forrest for the trees.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

youjustcomplain wrote:
Addiction is pretty wicked isn't it? Many homeless people have become slaves to it. As a society, cleaning up poop and needles isn't ok. We need to challenge the problem; addiction.

You would be wrong. The problem is not addiction; addiction is a symptom of the problem. The problem is the untreated trauma the addict has faced in their life and for why they cope by medicating. Deal with the trauma and the addition will go away. It's science and lots of evidence to support it. Start by reading some Gabor Mate, he sees it for what it is.
kristobal

Post by kristobal »

Is it really that bad? Probably this kind of behaviour exists around homeless shelters in most of the cities in Canada. With so much opportunities, choices and social programs everywhere in Canada it is unfortunate to have this happening. I will be moving in Kelowna in few months and i am little concern now

Return to “Central Okanagan”