Time Served After 3 Separate Assaults

zzontar
Guru

Re: Time Served After 3 Separate Assaults

Post by zzontar »

I can't believe how racist this is, and it's harder to believe one could say this from the other thread on the subject
Silverstarqueen » 27 minutes ago

Yes, it is. The other thread just seems to be a lot of anti-native comments though. I don't see this from the point of view of race.

... when the article clearly states
“That First Nations' background means that he is not held to the same level of accountability.

Wow, completely crystal clear racism that's muddy to some because it's not whites being racist.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

sooo... first nations people are not capable of coping with complex situations now? they dont have to answer to the same set of laws as the rest of society ? this guy chopped someones face with a machete and stabbed a woman.he should be up the river without a paddle no matter what race or upbringing.there is zero reason to be carrying a machete in ben lee park ever. there is zero excuse for using it as a weapon and zero excuse for stabbing someone ever.this is a load of bullchit.first nations people should be offended that they are being made to sound like they are not mentally able to cope with situations the same way the rest of the world can. everyone should be equal in the eyes of the law white red black yellow rich or poor.there is only one set of laws and it should appy to everyone equallty
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I am so sick of the two tiered system we live in.

Gladue. Look it up. It is what let this piece of (what's the worst I could insert here) get off with time served.

There is so much more to say but so little point to even bothering.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

MAPearce wrote:
The problem is that the judge didn't give just "HIM" a great excuse for his barbaric deviance..But he set a precedence for others like " HIM" to follow...

MORE than sad , REALLY ..

Happens all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladue_report

Aboriginals are almost always given lighter sentences for their crimes, because they haven't been given the tools to succeed in life. :up:

You can't even complain about it, or you're a racist and "they were here first."
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The people blaming this piece of work for his being native are wrong . Let us remember . The ramp got him. Caught him charged him. The judge let him go . Nothing to do with his being native . Judge is to blame . I was born white in Asia . No choice of my own
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It will soon be illegal to defend yourself if you are attacked by one of "them".
Black Dogs Matter
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I'll make this really clear. Discuss the topic. Do not use threats, inappropriate language, racist comments, etc... we will delete comments w/o warning, lock the thread and or remove the offending poster from the board. Please be civil. Thank you.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Jflem1983 wrote:The people blaming this piece of work for his being native are wrong . Let us remember . The ramp got him. Caught him charged him. The judge let him go . Nothing to do with his being native . Judge is to blame . I was born white in Asia . No choice of my own

We're on a roll - we agree on two things now.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Why do you think our legal system can get away with being so blatantly racist ?
Black Dogs Matter
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Jflem1983 wrote:The people blaming this piece of work for his being native are wrong . Let us remember . The ramp got him. Caught him charged him. The judge let him go . Nothing to do with his being native . Judge is to blame . I was born white in Asia . No choice of my own

I wonder who it was that insisted natives get to deal with punishments in their own ways? Somehow I doubt it was the white man.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Well zontar I never chose to be white . I never chose to be born in Asia. I did choose to make every single mistake I ever made . Some maybe not my fault a lot were . Justice ought to be blind . If I'm blue pink or white . Should be the same . If the so called judge thinks differently . It is him or her who needs to be taken to task. This winner who caused all this trouble ought to be locked up for years . On this we all agree .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I agree that judges have to be more accountable. :up:
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

fvkasm2x wrote:You can't even complain about it, or you're a racist and "they were here first."

The thing is even with this built into our legal system, natives make up a disproportionately large portion of of prisoners. So much so it's been a point of international disgrace for sometime.

It's not that natives are criminals, it's just we've really screwed them up. Reserves and the social fabric is gone. Our little fix-it systems surely have not helped them. All this based on a few generations of rampant sexual and physical abuse hardwired into their society.

If we didnt go easy on them our prisons would be at least 50% native. No joke.

I think the outcome here is sad. This will not be the last we see of him and I feel for the guy with the scar. I would think though that with a scar like that, the criminal might find himself the victim of a unfortunate series of events at one point in time or another.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Atomoa wrote:
The thing is even with this built into our legal system, natives make up a disproportionately large portion of of prisoners. So much so it's been a point of international disgrace for sometime.

It's not that natives are criminals, it's just we've really screwed them up. Reserves and the social fabric is gone. Our little fix-it systems surely have not helped them. All this based on a few generations of rampant sexual and physical abuse hardwired into their society.

If we didnt go easy on them our prisons would be at least 50% native. No joke.

I think the outcome here is sad. This will not be the last we see of him and I feel for the guy with the scar. I would think though that with a scar like that, the criminal might find himself the victim of a unfortunate series of events at one point in time or another.

I agree with what you are expressing Atomoa...but how's that going to help with this fella's next victim(s)?

Your sentence, "If we didn't go easy on them our prisons would be at least 50% native" really resonated with me.

Canadians need to face, and deal with this, but in the mean time I don't know if it's wise to continue to take the 'go easy'

approach. The system is failing on all levels and it doesn't appear to be that our government is in any hurry to address

things here at home. It appears Canada is more concerned about aiding other countries while we have pretty major

issues in our own that go underfunding, ignored and sidelined.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Natives make up 3 percent of Canada's population . Over half of the prison population . Prison system is an extension of the reserve system . That being said . This particular guy ought to be at the end of a rope

Return to “Central Okanagan”