Denying the obvious

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
User avatar
JollyGreenBully
Banned
Posts: 936
Joined: Apr 7th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Urbane wrote:Yes, the Dix comments are juvenile and you're pretty outraged. You see those comments as sexist but you can't bring yourself to admit that the obvious sexist comments directed at the premier are sexist. Denying the obvious.


Not really outraged, just extremely confused why you're only calling out - and continue to only call out - NDP supporters.

When someone points out the ugliness on your side, you say something like, "well yeah that's bad I suppose," but then continue to snipe at NDP supporters.

As I already pointed out, you never mention all these posts calling NDP members losers, ugly, and so on. The evidence is right here in this thread.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22737
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by Urbane »

    JollyGreenBully wrote:
    Not really outraged, just extremely confused why you're only calling out - and continue to only call out - NDP supporters.

    When someone points out the ugliness on your side, you say something like, "well yeah that's bad I suppose," but then continue to snipe at NDP supporters.

    As I already pointed out, you never mention all these posts calling NDP members losers, ugly, and so on. The evidence is right here in this thread.

I'll tell you what. If you reverse your decision and admit that calling the premier a "bimbo" or a "photo-op princess" or saying that she "dresses to attract gullible men" are sexist comments then I'll have more to say. Until then I will give you one compliment. You're right on topic because you're denying the obvious.
User avatar
JollyGreenBully
Banned
Posts: 936
Joined: Apr 7th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Urbane wrote:I'll tell you what. If you reverse your decision and admit that calling the premier a "bimbo" or a "photo-op princess" or saying that she "dresses to attract gullible men" are sexist comments then I'll have more to say. Until then I will give you one compliment. You're right on topic because you're denying the obvious.


-'Bimbo' has a denotation involving being a willing sex object. Yes, it's sexist

-Calling someone a princess sounds like more of a compliment than anything

-I don't pay attention to how she dresses, but these comments are probably meant to be sexist in nature
User avatar
JollyGreenBully
Banned
Posts: 936
Joined: Apr 7th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Nice try Urbane, but the brain-washed NDP lovers will never get it, or ever admit any wrong-doing, or accept any blame, You are talking to a brick wall.


Right, because it was me who called an NDP premier a loser. Oh wait, it wasn't me. It's annoying when I try my best to be objective and someone just shoves everything I say aside to continue spewing rhetoric about how NDP supporters are brainwashed or dumb or whatever the word of the day is.
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by maryjane48 »

tge clark libs are the most corrupt bunch bc has ever seen but the rightwingers deny the reality .


clark caused a guy to kill himself because clark refused to retract the lies she said . deny reality .

approved a pipeline even though 2 of her conditions can never be met. deny reality .

spent our tax money on partisan ads and is now being sued . dent reality .
accepted criminal donations . deny reality .

commiting billions to dam we dont need . deny reality .

let mt polley get away with pollutting and potentialy killing people . deny reality .

healthcare is falling apart . deny reality . people passing away in hallways etc etc .
wasted 150 million plus on a losing courtcase and used parents as political pawns . deny reality

used ethnics for partisan purposes deny reality .

is in bed with chinese mobsters as there is zero reason to have allowed them to buy hiuses and use them as trading cards .deny reality .


the majority of bcers want grizzly trophy hunt ended . clark refuses to listen to the majority . de y reality .

etc etc :smt045
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22737
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by Urbane »

    JollyGreenBully wrote:
    -'Bimbo' has a denotation involving being a willing sex object. Yes, it's sexist

    -Calling someone a princess sounds like more of a compliment than anything

    -I don't pay attention to how she dresses, but these comments are probably meant to be sexist in nature
Your reversal of opinion is duly noted. Yes, the Dix comment you referenced is sexist and juvenile. Equating one comment directed at Dix with the barrage of sexist comments directed Christy Clark's way doesn't cut it though. Not to mention the fact that middle aged white men don't have a glass ceiling with which to contend. I commend you for your reversal though.
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by maryjane48 »

lol that is correct jolly. the clark supporters on here dont care one bit about bc or its people . to themits more important to drag everyone down with a corrupt govt .
User avatar
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10916
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by Hurtlander »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 3rd, 2017, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Keep on Truckin
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66822
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:tge clark libs are the most corrupt bunch bc has ever seen


except for the NDP in the 1990's. No one is close to those guys.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22737
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by Urbane »

    maryjane48 wrote:lol that is correct jolly. the clark supporters on here dont care one bit about bc or its people . to themits more important to drag everyone down with a corrupt govt .
I'd be far more charitable to the Liberals and their supporters and to the NDP and their supporters. We're all pretty critical but most people go into public service to try and make their community, province, or country a better place. There are different political philosophies out there and contrasting policies, but it doesn't have to mean that people are deliberately trying to do bad things. On the contrary.

It's seems obvious to me that many on here are tired of the Liberals and tired of Christy Clark. They want change. Even many who plan on voting Liberal feel that way. Those who call such people "Liberal cheerleaders" or refer to Clark as "your hero" when the recipients of those comments have already said that they want change is denying the obvious. I said in 2013 and I say it now: The Liberals deserve to be defeated. Time for Christy Clark to go. Give me a reasonable alternative to take over government and I'll vote for that alternative. I'm waiting.
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by maryjane48 »

the choice is simple . either out your money where your mouth is and vote clark out or side with corruption and vote for her . everything else is smoke and mirrors . personaly i dnt care all i know is i myself will never vote for proven corrupt politician . i dont have a political ideology anymore . my votes from hence forth shall be to vote bad apples out . and a fair amount my freinds feel same . party names mean zero . what you do or dont do . what you say or dobt say is what matters now .
User avatar
JollyGreenBully
Banned
Posts: 936
Joined: Apr 7th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Urbane wrote:Yes, the Dix comment you referenced is sexist and juvenile. Equating one comment directed at Dix with the barrage of sexist comments directed Christy Clark's way doesn't cut it though.


So we're pretending only one single sexist / juvenile comment was made about Dix? Really ridiculous excuse, but OK. Try looking at some of the archived threads about the last election and you'll see it was a myriad of comments made in multiple threads over the course of a year or so.

Urbane wrote:Not to mention the fact that middle aged white men don't have a glass ceiling with which to contend. I commend you for your reversal though.


Umm, is this a serious comment? It's OK to ridicule middle-aged white men because they don't have to deal with glass ceilings? This is probably the most sexist comment in the thread yet you claim to be upset about sexism. Can you say 'hypocrite?'
lasnomadas
Übergod
Posts: 1296
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by lasnomadas »

'Photo op princess' was as close to a compliment as I could get when describing Mz. Clark.
I always thought the word 'bimbo' was reserved for someone who has limited intelligence.
How she dresses is of little interest to me, except when she wears those Haida knock-offs. That is in very poor taste, as it looks as if she's trying to curry favour with First Nations. Of course she should be called on that, and there's nothing 'sexist' about it.

Yes, the BC Liberals deserve to be defeated. There are 6 or 7 other political parties in B.C. Any one of them would be an improvement. So just pick the candidate in your riding whose party policies best fit your philosophy and vote for him or her. If your preferred candidate is running independent of any political party, so be it. Vote for that person.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22737
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by Urbane »

    JollyGreenBully wrote:
    So we're pretending only one single sexist / juvenile comment was made about Dix? Really ridiculous excuse, but OK. Try looking at some of the archived threads about the last election and you'll see it was a myriad of comments made in multiple threads over the course of a year or so.
    There are rude comments made about various candidates but Adrian Dix wasn't inundated with sexist comments the way Christy Clark is. News flash: Most sexist comments are directed against women and not against men. Sometimes those making the comments are women.

    Umm, is this a serious comment? It's OK to ridicule middle-aged white men because they don't have to deal with glass ceilings? This is probably the most sexist comment in the thread yet you claim to be upset about sexism. Can you say 'hypocrite?'
    So when I say "juvenile and sexist" that means I'm endorsing the comment?? Once again, you're denying the obvious.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22737
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by Urbane »

    lasnomadas wrote:'Photo op princess' was as close to a compliment as I could get when describing Mz. Clark.
    I always thought the word 'bimbo' was reserved for someone who has limited intelligence.
    How she dresses is of little interest to me, except when she wears those Haida knock-offs. That is in very poor taste, as it looks as if she's trying to curry favour with First Nations. Of course she should be called on that, and there's nothing 'sexist' about it.

    Yes, the BC Liberals deserve to be defeated. There are 6 or 7 other political parties in B.C. Any one of them would be an improvement. So just pick the candidate in your riding whose party policies best fit your philosophy and vote for him or her. If your preferred candidate is running independent of any political party, so be it. Vote for that person.
Oh I may well vote for an independent but we all know that after the election we will either have a Liberal government or an NDP government. Pretending otherwise is the same as the title of this thread. "Photo op princess was as close to a compliment as I could get in describing Mz.(sic) Clark." I rest my case.
Last edited by Urbane on Apr 3rd, 2017, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”