Denying the obvious

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 4th, 2017, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Rwede wrote:So, NDP lovers, what sayest thou about your NDP MLAs' endorsement of the Leap Manifesto? Are you denying the obvious?

I don't like it one bit, it's beyond stupid. I really liked the NDP's platform last election but the Liberal budget that was announced awhile ago sounds great.

I just take issue with people on both sides making sexist and other incendiary remarks and then acting like only NDP supporters stoop to such levels. There's a hive mindset here that all leftists are stupid and it makes the forum difficult to read because the majority of the comments are about evil leftists, union bozos, how ugly the NDP leader is, etc.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JollyGreenBully wrote: There's a hive mindset here that all leftists are stupid .

Not really a "hive mindset". More like a "well proven actuality based on almost unlimited evidence". Or you could just take a trip to Venezuela, and let us know, if you survive, how great Leftists are after you get back.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Not really a "hive mindset". More like a "well proven actuality based on almost unlimited evidence". Or you could just take a trip to Venezuela, and let us know, if you survive, how great Leftists are after you get back.

I'm not sure how you expect to have some sort of intellectual argument if you're just going to stomp your feet and yet again claim that all leftists are stupid.

I've admitted twice now that people on the left have made some missteps by calling Clark a bimbo and by supporting the Leap Manifesto. But instead of commenting on these issues, you'd rather just continue the "all leftists are dumb" rhetoric that plagues like every thread on this website? Really?
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Donald Trump is
ignorant, delusional, unethical, disingenuous, divisive, inarticulate, incompetent, hypocritical, thin-skinned, grossly narcissistic sociopath; an uncouth, arrogant, autocratic, bloviating, bullying, misogynistic, pathological liar, and a political neophyte, with a febrile brain

Christy Clark is
a bimbo

OMG, how dare you, she is our Premier, where is your "respect", you should be ashamed of yourself..!! :laugh:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

krocky wrote:Donald Trump is
ignorant, delusional, unethical, disingenuous, divisive, inarticulate, incompetent, hypocritical, thin-skinned, grossly narcissistic sociopath; an uncouth, arrogant, autocratic, bloviating, bullying, misogynistic, pathological liar, and a political neophyte, with a febrile brain

Christy Clark is
a bimbo

OMG, how dare you, she is our Premier, where is your "respect", you should be ashamed of yourself..!! :laugh:

The term "bimbo" is different because it infers the looks of a woman is somehow relevant. It's meaning is attractive but unintelligent, saying she isn't smart is one thing, having her looks somehow play into it is masoggynist.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

IMHO, 'bimbo' refers to a person's intelligence and nothing more, and the term could apply to.........no, I mustn't say that here.
However, is it really necessary to submit repetitive 'tweets' on this thread? I find it interrupts the discussion and does nothing to enhance the conversation.

To prove that this comment is 'on topic', I'd like to submit my thoughts on 'denying the obvious: It's obvious that certain commenters are trying to make political hay over things that are definitely apolitical.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:unbelievable that NDP MLA's would be crazy/stupid enough to put their love of the Leap Manifesto on social media. Also unbelievable that any NDP lovers here would now try and deny that the love for the Leap doesn't exist. It's right there, clear as day on social media, just like it's clear as day when it tumbled from the lips of John Horgan himself. Anyone in a union outside of government should be distancing themselves from the NDP as far as they can right now, as a vote for the NDP is essentially cutting your own throat if you are a union that wants its members actually working for the next 4 years. The Leap Manifesto is an economic death sentence.

I think the NDP MLAs are simply stating their love of the Leap Manifesto, just as Horgan himself has.

It's party policy. They have embraced it, and are promoting it to their supporters.

It's obvious that they think they can win by promising to wipe out jobs and wipe out investment in BC. I think they may have overestimated how many people are stupid enough to support the idea, however. :up:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

If you feel misogyny and sexism are "non issues" it shows even more why the NDP mindset needs to never win an election.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

It's "obvious" we need to make BC great again and the only way to do that is to elect "anyone" other than the lying, profiteering, photo-op obsessed, FIBerals and there's NO denying that..!!
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

There is no Leap manifesto that is part of B.C NDP policy.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:There is no Leap manifesto that is part of B.C NDP policy.
You're on topic, i.e. denying the obvious.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

krocky wrote:It's "obvious" we need to make BC great again and the only way to do that is to elect "anyone" other than the lying, profiteering, photo-op obsessed, FIBerals and there's NO denying that..!!

who do we vote for instead?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Rwede wrote:I think the NDP MLAs are simply stating their love of the Leap Manifesto, just as Horgan himself has.

It's party policy. They have embraced it, and are promoting it to their supporters.
:

I don't like the Leap Manifesto, it's an idea that would be bad for Canada if ever implemented. Can someone please provide a link proving that the Leap Manifesto is now official NDP policy as Rwede is claiming...I'd hate to discover that he's mistaken about something.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Since this thread is about what some consider to be sexist remarks made towards Christy Clark, the discussion should also include the inappropriate, perhaps even sexist remarks, that Christy Clark herself has made. Examples being

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/09/chri ... -not-okay/
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/why- ... a-anderson

And it's hard to forget Christy's disgusting public ridicule about her ex-husbands bedroom performance.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/laila-yule ... 54290.html
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”