Denying the obvious

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Denying the obvious

Post by mr.bandaid »

Urbane wrote:You can bet that the same things that some of us complain about when it comes to the Liberals will happen should the NDP win as well. But unlike those of us who have acknowledged the sleaze in the Liberal Party the loyal NDP supporters, with blinders firmly attached, will tell us that there's no hint of sleaze in the NDP. We're already seeing examples of denial on here and the NDP hasn't won anything yet.

Negative campaign ads? We're told that negative campaign ads are terrible if they're put out by the Liberals but BCTF and NDP negative ads are okay! How about that!! Liberal promises, like promising to cut bridge tolls in half are a form of bribery we're told. The NDP promises to abolish the tolls altogether but that's okay! How about that!! Lots of other examples too . . .

In your opinion. Of course no one else has been in power in BC since 2001 so you're basing "your opinion" on what transpired so many years ago. You're right possibly but maybe, just maybe.............Who knows, my crystal ball must be out of tune.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Urbane, be specific..
What is negative about the BCTF ads?
I understand a group of parents helped do them. They simply want a change of govt.

I think there would be fewer garbage ads under proportional representation.
Sure there may be minorities but they would be forced to balance views and work together.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lasnomadas wrote:@Urbane; No, I don't think the NDP is sleazy. .

I think they are horribly sleazy. Just the worst.
Not afraid to say "It".
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Urbane, be specific..
    What is negative about the BCTF ads?
    I understand a group of parents helped do them. They simply want a change of govt.
I'm glad I started this thread. Some posters are proving my point over and over. What Carole James quote? Where? I don't see it. BCTF negative ads. Where? I don't see any negative ads.
:D
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Guess you cannot prove it then.

Or the quote.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Guess you cannot prove it then.

Or the quote.
I love this thread! Negative ad? What negative ad? Carole James quote? What quote? I see nothing. Your post isn't clear here on my monitor. I can't quite make it out.
[icon_lol2.gif]
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Déjà Vu all over again!
Last edited by George+ on Apr 10th, 2017, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Look at the bright side George. Even if the NDP loses on May 9th you can deny the obvious!
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Denying the lack of morals and ethics of the Liberals
Is blatantly obvious.

I simply expect the NDP to do as best they can.

First past the post politics is always weird.

The Greens could be way under represented.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Denying the lack of morals and ethics of the Liberals
    Is blatantly obvious.
You must be thinking of someone else because I've been very critical of the Liberals and have said that they deserve to be booted out. Same thing that I said last time. Were there a viable option at the provincial level I'd be supporting that option. Too bad there isn't. Moral and ethical issues aren't restricted to only one party though. Even though some of you try and convince us that's the case. You're denying the obvious!
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Why are you denying the obvious, Urbane? You keep whining about how the BC Liberals should be booted out but there is no viable option. You seem to be hinting that if the BC Conservatives had the ghost of a chance, you'd vote for them.

Well, it's obvious to me that they have no leader at present, and judging by your many comments on this topic, I think you would make an excellent leader for them. Go for it, man!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Conservatives have so far nominated only 7 candidates. That leaves 80 without a Conservative candidate. It looks like the Conservatives won't play a major role this time. Meanwhile, the Greens are threatening to take some seats from the NDP on Vancouver Island.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lasnomadas wrote:You keep whining about how the BC Liberals should be booted out but there is no viable option.

I don't think that Urbane is whining about anything. What I do see are NDP supporters here who are denying the obvious, that the party they support is a joke, and that instead of explaining why the NDP might be viable, all they do is whine about the Liberals. That's not an argument to vote NDP guys, that's just laziness.
Not afraid to say "It".
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 11th, 2017, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Denying the obvious <---Topic :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”