Buddha of the Board

Re: The polls

Post by maryjane48 »

George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And from your poll most support for the Greens
Is coming from the Liberals and the Cons.

Who would've figured!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Conversely, a majority of residents (53%) say they would be “very upset” if the B.C. Liberals remain in power, including 57% of those aged 18-to-34.

in contrast the 55plus crowd prefers the bclibs. but the question is should people whose day has come and gone decide for who is yet to live a life ?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:And from your poll most support for the Greens
    Is coming from the Liberals and the Cons.

Who would've figured!
The gap between the NDP and Liberals was about four points just a few weeks ago but now it's two. That's a lot better for the Liberals than the 9-point deficit in the polls the day before the 2013 election. No predictions from me but with the collapse of the Conservative vote and the fact that the polls are tightening right up I'd say that we're in for a good finish.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its 37 ndp 30 bclibs. that is a 7 point spread
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

'Christy Clark, superior economic manager' is the best example of an oxymoron I've ever read. The woman couldn't manage a two-holer. Urbane should stick to his first choice, the BC Conservatives and offer himself up as leader of that party before Christy decides to do it when she loses her West Kelowna seat in May.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

maryjane48 wrote:its 37 ndp 30 bclibs. that is a 7 point spread

Not sure what you are looking at, but the latest polls I am looking at show the Greens surging and the NDP weakening, with only a 3 point lead now, with more drops to come for the NDP when/if they can be bothered to release their diseased platform. Considering that most NDP and Green support that is polled can't be bothered to actually vote because it is too much of a commitment, that might lead to potentially them being employable and therefore a loss of welfare status, these polls really mean nothing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4054593
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lasnomadas wrote: The woman couldn't manage a two-holer. .

If this is true, then it really speaks ill of the prior NDP management of Manitoba, and Kathleen Wynne in Ontario. My goodness, they must be house-plant IQ's then, to be worse than Christy Clark. All this shows me is that if Christy Clark is this incompetent, and still turn in an economic performance this good for BC, then we really need to never vote NDP ever again in this province.
Not afraid to say "It".
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

lasnomadas wrote:'Christy Clark, superior economic manager' is the best example of an oxymoron I've ever read. The woman couldn't manage a two-holer.

How did she get 5 consecutive balanced and surplus budgets, lowest unemployment figures, and best credit rating in the country then?

How does BC's economy compare to the NDP-infested chitshow in Alberta?

The foaming-at-the-mouth NDP supporters always seem to omit inconvenient truths.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Christy Clark's 'economic performance' is a figment of her imagination and just another attempt by her communications staff to put a positive spin on what is really 16 years of mismanagement by the BC Liberals.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

lasnomadas wrote:Christy Clark's 'economic performance' is a figment of her imagination and just another attempt by her communications staff to put a positive spin on what is really 16 years of mismanagement by the BC Liberals.

Is Stats Can lying for her benefit?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

According to this poll from April 11
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4054593

VS this poll from March 26
http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/brit ... umbia.html

The Liberals have made slightly more gains than the NDP, though the NDP still has a very slight lead, for now...
The Greens have made the largest overall gain, while the Conservatives have tanked. It appears as though the Greens are gaining their support from Conservatives and the undecideds, rather than the Libs or NDP..
The Liberals might need to change their strategy, they will have to campaign against the Greens rather than support the Greens as they did in 2013. Yesterday I predicted that the vote split could very easily be between the Greens and Liberals rather than the Greens and NDP, the most recent polls are (for now) pointing in that direction.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@Rwede:
No, I don't think StatsCan is lying; I think you're not up to date on StatsCan reports.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

How does BC's economy compare to the NDP-infested chitshow in Alberta?
if a the bclib apologists have is a lie about oil markets then we can assume clarks gone :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lasnomadas wrote:@Rwede:
No, I don't think StatsCan is lying; I think you're not up to date on StatsCan reports.

if you read the 0age stas can used a rightwing group for their report . it was biased

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”