Post by maryjane48 »

and what type of person votes for corruption? :smt045
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: The polls

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:and what type of person votes for corruption? :smt045

an NDP supporter.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Only there are no viable choices and we know it.

Politics corrupts.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 11th, 2017, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

The level of Clark Derangement Syndrome on the forums is astounding...it's going to be a long campaign.

Fortunately, most people vote with their pocketbook, and once people start adding up the cost of Horgan's promises, it'll be another four years of teeth gnashing on the forums.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Queen K wrote:Only there are no viable choices and we know it.

Politics corrupts.

So true.

The difference between BC Lib corruption and NDP corruption, is that under a BC Liberal gov't things get built, people get to work, and the economy thrives. Under NDP corruption, nothing happens, and business falters, except for the movers taking people out of BC, and the auctioneers liquidating the businesses that fail.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

maryjane48 wrote:.... but the question is should people whose day has come and gone decide for who is yet to live a life ?

Absolutely . People that have lived on this world longer tend to have a better understanding on how the world works and what works best. This is why the NDP focuses on the youth vote. Youth don't have enough worldly experience to fully grasp the perils of leftist ideology. It sounds good, but when in place, it fails.
It's entitlements and freebies that is appealing to today's youth.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Or caring social programs.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

maryjane48 wrote:in contrast the 55plus crowd prefers the bclibs. but the question is should people whose day has come and gone decide for who is yet to live a life ?

Are you honestly suggesting that the 55+ crowd shouldn't be allowed to vote?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

lasnomadas wrote:@Rwede:
No, I don't think StatsCan is lying; I think you're not up to date on StatsCan reports.

Oh, but I am.

Canadian unemployment rates.

Mar-17

Canada 7.2
NFLD 17.5
PEI 12.4
NS 9.9
NB 9.6
PQ 7.0
ON 6.8
MB 5.5
SK 6.7
AB 8.8
BC 5.5
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Sooooo.
We have British Columbia in 2017 with:

1) A balanced budget.
2) Tied with Manitoba for the lowest unemployment rate in the country.
3) Leading the country in economic growth.
4) Leading the country in Education and Skills (third place in the world!!)
5) Leading the country in Life Expectancy.

So yeah.....what do we need John Horgan to rescue us from? :135:
High housing costs in Vancouver? I suppose if the NDP got into power and people started moving away again....realestate would definitely take a dive.
So there is that.......
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The survey provided hope for parties trying to unseat the BC Liberals with 56 per cent of respondents saying they felt it was “time for another provincial party to take over.”

Half as many respondents, 28 per cent, said the “Clark government has done a good job and deserves re-election.”

The survey found 44 per cent of decided voters supported the NDP while 39 per cent preferred the Liberals. Nine per cent of supporters favoured the BC Green Party and three per cent wanted the Conservatives to win

latest numbers.

its clear the majority of bcers want clark and the libs gone. that is the bottom line . more people are less worried about a party name and more concerned with how govt conducts utself .

a leaders worst enemy is themselves becoming complacent in the bad they may have campaigned against when young and idealistic .

in this day and age peolle dont care about numbers compared to other places . they want action on issues now and they want transpeancy . many examples of clark covering stuff up .

i could go on but im not here to convince anyone one of a party being better . im simply giving the reasons why i wont vote for clark and it seems im not alone
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:The survey provided hope for parties trying to unseat the BC Liberals with 56 per cent of respondents saying they felt it was “time for another provincial party to take over.”

Half as many respondents, 28 per cent, said the “Clark government has done a good job and deserves re-election.”

The survey found 44 per cent of decided voters supported the NDP while 39 per cent preferred the Liberals. Nine per cent of supporters favoured the BC Green Party and three per cent wanted the Conservatives to win

The Insights West poll has it 40-38 for the NDP over the Liberals but notice how the numbers in your poll don't jibe. Lots of people, myself included, say that they want a new government. Far fewer are willing to vote for the NDP though. Change is in the wind all over North America but if I were you I wouldn't count my chickens just yet.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its not a chicken countimg thing for me. none the polls are mine . theres 3 parties that can beat clark . on voting day which one has best chance of booting the libs out i will vote for . i dont even care about platforms . if i think your corrupt or immoral out you go . simple and no stress :130:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:its not a chicken countimg thing for me. none the polls are mine . theres 3 parties that can beat clark . on voting day which one has best chance of booting the libs out i will vote for . i dont even care about platforms . if i think your corrupt or immoral out you go . simple and no stress :130:
A few other things to keep in mind about that poll. On the question of who would make the better premier Clark came out ahead of Horgan 30 to 28. Also, it's the younger voters, those under 35, who are helping the NDP get that slight lead in the poll. Over 35 is a different story. Finally, a lot of people who might now say they'll vote NDP may well change their mind when they hear more about things like the Leap Manifesto.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”