And they're off...

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: And they're off...

Post by Queen K »

But we know the Liebrals have been illegally campaigning for months now.
So they were "off" ages ago. [icon_lol2.gif]

NDP/Green <-------------to the left of me, ------------------> Liberals/Conservatives to the right
Here I am,
Stuck in the middle with ??

Who's the centralist here?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Queen K wrote:But we know the Liebrals have been illegally campaigning for months now.

Parties can campaign any time they want, except on election day.

There's no law whatsoever that precludes their campaigning on any other day, whether a writ has been dropped or not. They can't put an election sign up on the lawn before the writ, but that's it.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.news1130.com/2017/03/20/lega ... tisan-ads/

I guess starting early with tax payer money was okay then. Or should they have used their own? Two lawyers thought so.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Queen K wrote:I guess starting early with tax payer money was okay then. Or should they have used their own? Two lawyers thought so.

Yup, the BC Liberals are the worst party out there... except for all the others.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Queen K wrote:http://www.news1130.com/2017/03/20/legal-action-launched-amid-claims-bc-liberals-spending-tax-dollars-partisan-ads/
I guess starting early with tax payer money was okay then. Or should they have used their own? Two lawyers thought so.

It's about time someone took these crooks to task.. BRAVO..!!! :clapping: :yahoo: :up:
15 million can do a lot of good elsewhere. Shame on you Christy, Shame on YOU..!!
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

I guess the Liberal government thinks people are "stupid". (well I guess if they get re-elected, they weren't wrong)

How can you (with a straight face) say that if you re-elect us we will cut your MSP premiums in half and call that a "public awareness campaign" rather than the blatant campaign ad that it is.

It doesn't even make sense. What are they making us aware of.? If you re-elect us we will "reward" you with Premium cuts. That's not only campaigning it's an inducement.
Wilkinson adds that public awareness campaigns are effective at informing the public about services and programs like proposed changes to MSP premiums, and the Single Parent Employment Initiative.

The thing is when the time comes they'll probably find an excuse to renege on that promise too, no doubt. I hope these two guys are successful with their law suite, it is refreshing to see someone finally taking them to task on this nonsense.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

krocky wrote:I guess the Liberal government thinks people are "stupid". (well I guess if they get re-elected, they weren't wrong)

How can you (with a straight face) say that if you re-elect us we will cut your MSP premiums in half and call that a "public awareness campaign" rather than the blatant campaign ad that it is.

How is this any different than Horgan pledging to get rid of MSP altogether, get rid of bridge tolls altogether, making housing affordable for all, cheap daycare for all, and free for some, and "job, jobs, jobs" for every region of BC?

It's all electioneering, and every one of them will say whatever it takes to get elected.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

So that carrot that they dangle is, if elected, maybe!?!?!? we will lower you MSP premiums to the level they were at when we were first elected. Yes the premiums on our MSP have doubled in the time the Liberals have been in power and though we are the only province left paying them we should feel privileged to have our premiums reduced to pre liberal era. Nice try Christy.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Retrosnap wrote: How is this any different than Horgan pledging to get rid of MSP altogether, get rid of bridge tolls altogether, making housing affordable for all, cheap daycare for all, and free for some, and "job, jobs, jobs" for every region of BC? It's all electioneering, and every one of them will say whatever it takes to get elected.

Well, I thought it was pretty obvious, but if you need an explaination, the Liberals are using TAX PAYER dollars and calling it advertising, the NDP are not..!! Does that answer your question..??
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Retrosnap wrote: How is this any different than Horgan pledging to get rid of MSP altogether, get rid of bridge tolls altogether, making housing affordable for all, cheap daycare for all, and free for some, and "job, jobs, jobs" for every region of BC?

WOW, he's going to do all this, keep posting statements like that and you'll have me convinced to vote NDP..
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what should be a insult to tax payers is seen by some as acceptable .
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

krocky wrote:WOW, he's going to do all this, keep posting statements like that and you'll have me convinced to vote NDP..

Funny... You were never going to vote for the liberals so Horgan could have promised to triple MSP and your be ready to give him a tongue bath.

Anyway the real insult to taxpayers will happen when Horgan wins and v the "someone else" who pays for his platform is you and me... Not just the rich
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Christy starts off the electioneering by giving Horgan a laugh:
Attachments
Horgan laughs.JPG
Chill
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

flamingfingers wrote:Christy starts off the electioneering by giving Horgan a laugh:

a Laugh?
Its time to get serious John if you want a shot at this.

Stop tweeting garbage and post a costed platform for crying out loud.

This is how you lose an election....

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”