Who do you think will win the provincial election in May?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.

Which party do you think will win the provincial election in May?

BC Liberals
76%
NDP
24%

Total votes: 76

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Who do you think will win the provincial election in May

Post by Glacier »

I could see the greens picking out 3 to 5 seats, and even up to 20% in the North Okanagan. The Green candidate here puts her picture on her sign (like Norm Letnick does to the south of us). I might vote Green for that reason alone. The other two chickens won't show their faces for some reason.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Hurtlander wrote:
Urbane wrote:Also, Clark has the edge in polls over Horgan in the "Who would make the best premier?" category. So at this point it looks like a toss-up to me.

It was a poll, not polls.
Regardless, I still think that part of the poll must have been a typo or some other mistake. That same poll also ranked Clark as the least popular leader, and ranked Clark as the most untrustworthy leader..what's the probability the same leader ranked the least popular and the least trustworthy would also be ranked the best premier?

The probability is very good if those same people view the other options as far worse for BC.

Have you not noticed, that most who defend the Liberals on here, don't really care much for Clark, but feel disheartened because they see the alternatives as worse?

They're simply concerned people, who don't wish to see what happened south of the border, happen up here, simply because some hotheads voted out of spite, rather than an honest evaluation of the options.

Believe you me the number of people who voted for Trump, and now regret it after but a few weeks, is growing daily.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Vote out of spite for the Greens and
You will get Clark, again...reality.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

George+ wrote:Vote out of spite for the Greens and

Since none of the leaders are worth a vote, I'm undecided..... so I may go independent. So :raspberry:

What happens in voting booth, stays in the voting booth.... until I drop it into the ballot box.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Same thing.
You are helping to get Clark elected.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Same thing.
Voting Green rather than voting NDP might make a huge difference in the next election though. You have to look at the long game. Horgan has said that this is a must win for the NDP to survive.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

George+ wrote:Same thing.

So going by that you are encouraging me to not vote
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Yes and with any luck the end of the NDP.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

They've been around since 1933 so I doubt they are going anywhere fast. Unlike the Liberals who have been tossed and reinvented now 3 times since the 70's.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

mr.bandaid wrote:They've been around since 1933 so I doubt they are going anywhere fast. Unlike the Liberals who have been tossed and reinvented now 3 times since the 70's.

Good point, so based on that, and the fact that their so called platform is recycled from the 90's, maybe they should be looking at rebranding themselves Old Democrat Party. :biggrin:
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Although I do have some concerns with the NDP platform, they are starting to lessen a bit as the campaign unfolds and I learn a bit more.

For example, even though I'm in favour of affordable daycare (and more day care spaces), I do worry about the cost. But hearing that Horgan plans to implement his policy over a long time period (10 years I think he said) eases my mind when it comes to wondering how we're going to pay for it. Because implementing it over a decade like that makes it a much more affordable proposition, while still moving in the right direction.

Another example is Site C. The Liberal rhetoric had me convinced that the NDP would cancel it out of hand, and to heck with the cost of doing so. But now that I've had a chance to hear what Horgan has to say, it turns out that is not quite the case. Agreeing to refer it to an independent body and abide by their decision is a far cry from saying they will automatically cancel it. That said, I would have preferred them to show some leadership and make the decision themselves, because I believe that at this stage of development it is more a political decision than a technical one. And being more upfront about what to expect, would make it a lot easier for undecided voters like me to make our election decision. Site C is, for me, a real "deal breaker" so it's very important to know which path the Government I vote for will take in this regard. Horgan's refusal to make the decision and stick with it could wind up costing him the votes of folks like me.

I began the campaign in the Liberal camp (despite having been an NDP supporter in the past), but DeJong's poor performance in that very revealing interview he gave, put me back into the camp of the "undecided". Past Liberal sleaze, combined with Dejong's terrible attempts to criticize the NDP for policies they don't even have, and the blatant backtracking on the promise to repeal the MSP, have made me want to vote for ANYBODY but Liberal. If the Liberals want to reclaim my vote, they're going to have to start putting forward policies I can support, instead of making up scare stories about what their opponents might do if they win.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Old Techie wrote:Good point, so based on that, and the fact that their so called platform is recycled from the 90's, maybe they should be looking at rebranding themselves Old Democrat Party. :biggrin:

Don't give up your day job.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

as long as we don't get Horgan, then it's a win. The NDP is a terrible joke.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Merry..glad you are applying some balanced thought.
Hint. Hint.

Would like to see Urbane quote, that Horgan said this was do or die for the NDP.
Pls.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Merry..glad you are applying some balanced thought.
    Hint. Hint.

Would like to see Urbane quote, that Horgan said this was do or die for the NDP.
    Pls.
I already did but you've said you can't read some of my posts.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”