How will the election results affect you personally?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: How will the election results affect you personally?

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Rwede wrote:Let's see, NDP raises my taxes, and that causes me to be able to hire more people?

Huh?

Logic would dictate that the less money I have after taxes the less money I have to grow/expand/hire. But the NDP and its supporters want me to defy logic and submit to higher taxation, telling me how good it will be for business.

Somethin' isn't adding up.

It's a simple formula, the more tax you have to pay, the more money you have to hire more people.

It's like the NPD platform, the more stuff you promise to give people, the less money you'll need to pay for those promises. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Old Techie wrote:
Rwede wrote:Let's see, NDP raises my taxes, and that causes me to be able to hire more people?

Huh?

Logic would dictate that the less money I have after taxes the less money I have to grow/expand/hire. But the NDP and its supporters want me to defy logic and submit to higher taxation, telling me how good it will be for business.

Somethin' isn't adding up.

It's a simple formula, the more tax you have to pay, the more money you have to hire more people.

It's like the NPD platform, the more stuff you promise to give people, the less money you'll need to pay for those promises. [icon_lol2.gif]

Oh, I get it now.

It's the NDP Bizarro World.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Old Techie wrote: Not sure what business you're in, but in the 90's people (aka your customers) had less disposable income, figures easily enough confirmed at statistics Canada.
I also know that where I've been working for 27 years, during the NDP reign we were a workforce of four, and in 2009 despite the crash, we were up to 12 plus we set a new record for sales. That was under the Liberal regime, so as I said I don't know what you were doing.

OMG, I can't believe what I read sometimes, it truly is mind boggling.. First off "NEWS FLASH" this isn't the 90's try fast forwarding 27 years to 2017.. I think there might be some new people involved with the NDP by now but who knows.

And giving the Liberal government ALL the credit for your business improving or evolving over a 19 year period is pretty pathetic if you ask me and doesn't say much for your company, but what ever..!!!
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Old Techie wrote: It's a simple formula, the more tax you have to pay, the more money you have to hire more people

Yep, now you're showing your true "Liberal" colors.. Didn't take long for you to jump on the bandwagon. It's obvious you and a few others have no concept of simple economics and just buy into the Liberal propaganda lock, stock, and barrel..

If you're not just being an :cuss: and truly believe that businesses spend every penny they can get their hands on hiring new staff and "creating Jobs" (Christy's catch phrase) even when they aren't actually growing then you are as delusional as some of the other lab dogs on here so have at er.. VOTE Liberal, you'll fit right in.
Last edited by krocky on Apr 25th, 2017, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Rwede wrote: Oh, I get it now.

You get it... :laugh:

Rwede wrote:It's the NDP Bizarro World.

Yes and a much nicer place than the Liberal "delusional" world..
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

krocky wrote:
Old Techie wrote: Not sure what business you're in, but in the 90's people (aka your customers) had less disposable income, figures easily enough confirmed at statistics Canada.
I also know that where I've been working for 27 years, during the NDP reign we were a workforce of four, and in 2009 despite the crash, we were up to 12 plus we set a new record for sales. That was under the Liberal regime, so as I said I don't know what you were doing.

OMG, I can't believe what I read sometimes, it truly is mind boggling.. First off "NEWS FLASH" this isn't the 90's try fast forwarding 27 years to 2017.. I think there might be some new people involved with the NDP by now but who knows.

And giving the Liberal government ALL the credit for your business improving or evolving over a 19 year period is pretty pathetic if you ask me and doesn't say much for your company, but what ever..!!!

Only pathetic thing I see is your perception of how business works. Good luck with that.

Perhaps you need to call stats Canada and inform them of the new reality you've discovered, so they can amend how they rank things. [icon_lol2.gif]

As for new people in the NDP, you might want to review that a little, given the strings are still pulled by the same masters.

Or do you think some fresh new face, they run in some obscure riding, is going to have any impact on how the NDP does
things? I don't, but I guess you're allowed to dream.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

krocky wrote:
Old Techie wrote: It's a simple formula, the more tax you have to pay, the more money you have to hire more people

Yep, now you're showing your true "Liberal" colors.. Didn't take long for you to jump on the bandwagon. It's obvious you and a few others have no concept of simple economics and just buy into the Liberal propaganda lock, stock, and barrel..

If you're not just being an :cuss: and truly believe that businesses spend every penny they can get there hands on hiring new staff and "creating Jobs" (Christy's catch phrase) even when they aren't actually growing then you are as delusional as some of the other lab dogs on here so have at er.. VOTE Liberal, you'll fit right in.

Yeah blah blah blah, just as you've been demonstrating your true colors. #calmdownkrocky

I still remember your nonsense from last election. Pity we have to be subjected to it again.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Old Techie wrote: Perhaps you need to call stats Canada and inform them of the new reality you've discovered, so they can amend how they rank things.

I'd love to but I'm not sure if they keep stats back to the 90's where you are still living and crying about.. I wonder what party was in power during the great depression, perhaps you want to share some employment stats from then too..!!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

krocky wrote:
Old Techie wrote: Perhaps you need to call stats Canada and inform them of the new reality you've discovered, so they can amend how they rank things.

I'd love to but I'm not sure if they keep stats back to the 90's where you are still living and crying about.. I wonder what party was in power during the great depression, perhaps you want to share some employment stats form then too..!!

Hardly my fault your party screwed up so bad no one would give them a second look for four elections. [icon_lol2.gif]

Got any more humor you wish to share?
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Old Techie wrote: Hardly my fault your party screwed up so bad no one would give them a second look for four elections. Got any more humor you wish to share?

It's obvious you just want to argue and don't ACTUALLY read anything, but you're not alone, so don't feel bad. I have said all along that I don't support the NDP and will be voting Green, but then that doesn't matter because in order to be on the "bandwagon" you have to "assume" I support the NDP so you and your BFF can be the A-typical Liberal sloths..
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Old Techie wrote: Yeah blah blah blah, just as you've been demonstrating your true colors. #calmdownkrocky
I still remember your nonsense from last election. Pity we have to be subjected to it again.

Well then, you better get used to it, hadn't you..!!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

krocky wrote:I think there might be some new people involved with the NDP by now but who knows.

That's the problem. There aren't any new people.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

krocky wrote:
Old Techie wrote: Yeah blah blah blah, just as you've been demonstrating your true colors. #calmdownkrocky

Well then, you better get used to it, hadn't you..!!

Or it'll just fade away like after last election. :biggrin:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

krocky wrote:Well if the Liberals win, nothing will change for me, same ol, same ol.. If the NDP win then we will have to see, perhaps business will pick up again and I can hire some more staff, that would be nice.. I'm at least willing to entertain that possibility and give them a chance.

You see despite what the Liberal lap dogs would have you believe it's not low Corporate taxes that help small business do well and create Jobs. That money usually goes straight into their pockets, or in some cases toward payments on their debts and expenses (or toys) although the Tax Payer funded Liberal advertising campaigns will tell you otherwise.

When businesses are doing well and there is demand for their products by their customers they "expand" and hire to cover their growth because they have to.. Usually if you are growing you NEED more staff so you hire them, if business is down you lay off staff it's that simple.

If business is down and the Liberals give you another tax cut most businesses don't say, "Yippee I can hire more staff now that I don't need".. That isn't the way it works although the Liberals would like you to believe that, you know like their ads tell you..

No, what you need to do is to put more money into the hands of the "customers" who will then buy more products and stimulate growth thus "requiring" the business, by their own desire to make more money, to hire more staff.

The Liberals have NO intention of EVER doing that because they don't really give a :cuss: about you or I they ONLY care about their donors and ONLY care about getting re-elected, and NOTHING else.
interesting way to look at it and yea i think its true . no company will hire people stand around , and mr hollywood ron reagan tried trickle down , it didnt work , taxes had to be raised next election .
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Old Techie wrote:Or it'll just fade away like after last election.

You're right actually, I get bored with this nonsense, starting to fade already.. Like anything anyone says on here will change a thing.. I'm going to vote Green your going to vote Liberal, the Liberals will likely win, with a minority I hope and we'll all live happily ever after..
:smt045 :130:

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”